Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's Your Putter??

Go down 
+21
audi
Birdman
cjc81
chien
dmateo
Bear
TheFocalPoint
enwee
abadan
alvin7379
Cyp_PGA
slinger
Duval_S
Angchug
Technospaz
mUAr_cHEe
BigblackGoof
Khorkar
EastCoastHack
pocketace
BestofTheBest
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

What's Your Putter?? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:33 am

Im struggling with my putting and is tempted to change my putter..

Can everyone share your feeling about your fav putter and how it has helped you win money or achieve great putting days or success?

Many thanks

BOTB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 am

Most of us will tell you that putting is very personal
Looking at your signature, your button back is a highly sought after premium stick. Not giving you much love huh?

I've tried many brands. Ultimately I think it's down to me, the Indian not doing justice to the arrows - some really fine looking putters

Try a belly or broom stick putter. You may be surprised by the results
I'm even toying with the idea of installing superstroke grips!
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:44 am

pocketace wrote:
Most of us will tell you that putting is very personal
Looking at your signature, your button back is a highly sought after premium stick. Not giving you much love huh?

I've tried many brands. Ultimately I think it's down to me, the Indian not doing justice to the arrows - some really fine looking putters

Try a belly or broom stick putter. You may be surprised by the results
I'm even toying with the idea of installing superstroke grips!

Haha

Thank you sir for your advice..

Yes, not much love with the Button Back...

As my friend famously put it "The most beautiful things in life gives you the most pain"

Cheers

BOTB
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 am

TaylorMade Rossa Core Classics Fontana AGSI, purchased second hand from Joe's and regripped with a Lamkin EBL 3GEN Pistol. Cheap cheap. I don't deserve a new putter.

Yet...

Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 am

After mucking around with putter from 20-450 putters. In the end to me, its the need feel of confidence in my hands. May its just a matter that you need to feel comfortable with it.

Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Khorkar wrote:
After mucking around with putter from 20-450 putters. In the end to me, its the need feel of confidence in my hands. May its just a matter that you need to feel comfortable with it.

Been using my Button Back for 3 months.. still no love...

How long do you give yourself before you change?
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 am

Years back I changed from a blade to mallet, it does wonder to my putting now, may wanna try... Button back is a great putter! Am using Titleist Del Mar....

If dat do not help, I guess u need to drop by BFG, may help... It helped me too.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

Nothing else but ZEN. Anything else if just because the behind is itchy. I would just go back to my ZEN at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Currently, trying out a Scotty Circa 62 No. 1.

Alternatives are the Taylor Made Raylor Fontana and the Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 pm

I tried all kind of new putters but only to realize I am unable to handle the offset. Presently using Scotty classic I for fast green and Scotty classic iii for slower green. You can also try adding weight to the handle instead of the putter head. I added a putter rubber sucker to the handle n the feel is much better now. Go to a practice putting green with your kaki n try out difference putters. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I improve my putting expectation by lowering it.

I used. 20+ old ping anser x

It's so old that when I left it accidentally at the course.... My flt said...don worry no one will want it

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:19 pm

BestofTheBest wrote:
Im struggling with my putting and is tempted to change my putter..

Can everyone share your feeling about your fav putter and how it has helped you win money or achieve great putting days or success?

Many thanks

BOTB Very Happy

i used to have swing thoughts when i putt..... now i dun

whatever i need to work on, i would accomplish in my pre-shot routine...

when i address the ball, i just double check my line n putt.... i dun think abt my takeaway, my stroke etc etc

u can try this...putt the ball looking at the hole instead of the ball

main objective is to let u trust your stroke...

when i address, i dun think, i just trust...

works for me...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I improve my putting expectation by lowering it.

I used. 20+ old ping anser x

It's so old that when I left it accidentally at the course.... My flt said...don worry no one will want it

People will think that you threw it away Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Nbzzzzzz....
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:05 pm

As say above , it personal feeling . however what is your putting problem ? I you don't release the face , pull & block , alignment , speed . all of this are component to choose the right putter . For my case i used to use Titleist Newport 2 switch to Belly TaylorMade Manta . It save my life as i couldn't release the head prior to the switch to the belly
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:09 pm

Lots of practice lor.... putter where got problem? tongue

my kakis do putting practice 4 hrs on the putting green... while I go massage 4 hrs... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:22 pm

I have a theory.. u don't have to take my word for it. But might help.

I use an Odyssey white ice no.9. I like the weight and shape cus I feel it's a progression from my wedge. Swing weight similar. So I get a much better feel for distance. Esp for long putts or even putting from the fringe. I told this to a fren of mine. He borrowed my putter and applied the theory and it worked wonders for his feel for putting. 3 under after first 5 holes. He couldn't wait to get his own. And he went to buy one right after his game. Now I suffer cus always lose him. Haha.

I feel that the putter should suit the golfer and not the other way around. Weight, length, blades,mallets,semi-mallets. No offset. half offset, lie angle, loft, conventional, belly, etc. But the stroke also cannot be too koyak la.

Go to a shop which has relatively big practice greens and a wide selection of putters. Pick out a few putters which attract u visually. Putt 5 balls with the same strength Ur mind tells u to from the first putt. Dun change how u swing or adjust e strength to suit e putter. Don't be surprised if pick one up and sink all 5 in effortlessly.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:06 pm

I assumed this is not your only putter. What's the reason for changing to this? Which one give you the confidence?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Daytona Kia Ma.
Can't remember my last 3 putt. Wait... hmm... Oh yeah, Tanjong Puteri B Course Hole # 11 last Monday...
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 pm

I was using cleveland clasic 4.5. Was doing fine with it but didn't have much feel on long putts. Changed to golfpride midsize grip and felt I had better control for long putts. Itchybacksidesyndrome had me trying odyssey white ice 355g. It gave me more confidence for long puts with the heavier head weight. I was lucky there was a bro selling his white ice here in GR. I bought it and changed to the feeltec oversize grip....now I am loving it.

OH...not forgetting a Zen putter I tried once....I was told it had graphite shaft on it. It was devine...I was putting balls in the hole even to my own amazement....I was on cloud nine. Untl I foundout the price..... Hahaha

For me the lesson learnt was a putter with a heavy head gives better control for me. And so far I am doing good with it. I managed to get 2putts wif it most times.

Different ppl adapt differently, wat works for me may not work for u.
Juz my 100rupiahs worth.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:33 pm

blade putter works for me.. I switched from mallet type and it helps not sure why.
I guess i like it personally it's clean and easy to adjust (personal opinion).

Go with what works for you bro.. it's not the same for everyone. I almost convinced that putter is the only club in the gold bag that is the most non-conforming to anything called standard...
They have short one, medium one, super long one, big head, single blade, curvy head etc etc....
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 pm

BOTB bro..

Honestly, I think your putter doesn't suit you.. From what you said, the putter is definitely lousy.. Not only you lose lotsa mu$a due to it, your game must be badly affected by your putter.. No

Whats the point of having a putter which doesn't help you??? You have to change it !!

I will help you to improve, with no additional charges..

I am going to, though very unwillingly, do you a favor, by exchanging this putter with your Button Back...!! Shocked

What's Your Putter?? IMG-20120929-00218

Don't get me wrong.. This is a limited edition >10 years old collector's item MacGregor putter.. I believe there are less than 5 in Singapore now..

I have had numerous fond memories of it, so do many of my adversaries... Basketball

This offer is only for you for a limited period of time...

Hope you would make the wise choice...

cheers

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:48 am

Bro Chien

maybe Bro BOTB don't wanna 'short change' you cos after all, yours is a rarity

may not be 'fair' to swap with you...

... hee hee hee... nice try anyway! Beer
Back to top Go down
cjc81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:56 am

Ben Hogan BHB2X by Bettinardi
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:35 am

It's interesting to see how almost everyone talks about changing putters, grips, weights etc... save one, Slinger.

What about changing aligment, setup, process, and the stroke?

Hitting the putt versus stroking it?

IMHO, putting is personal only up to a point, you can't deny physics.

For sure equipment changes help, but hands up, those here who've actually sought professional help for the stroke? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Putter??   What's Your Putter?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Your Putter??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next