Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the best Golf Mat?

Go down 
+6
ironfist
Khorkar
mervyntan
jaketang
Lamts18
stantall
10 posters
AuthorMessage
stantall
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Whats the best Golf Mat? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 am

Hi all,

I am somewhat of a golfing novice, and i am looking to purchase a golf mat to practice at home, i was wondering if anyone could recommend any good ones.

Thanks in advance for your help
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:06 am

like those at the driving range ?
BFG has some ....
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:07 am

good topic, i oso feel like getting one...

something maybe 2/3 the size tht we have in range...

i feel like practicing some contact to the mat...
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:08 am

hi bro,

if you are looking for something to practise your swing, there are also numerous other training aids which i believe are more useful than a golf mat to help you practise your swing, and also do not take up so much space or money...

just my few cents worth, hope you don't mind.. just trying to provide some other options.. cheers
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:08 am

Lamts18 wrote:
like those at the driving range ?
BFG has some ....

u know the cost mr lam?
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 am

mervyntan wrote:
hi bro,

if you are looking for something to practise your swing, there are also numerous other training aids which i believe are more useful than a golf mat to help you practise your swing, and also do not take up so much space or money...

just my few cents worth, hope you don't mind.. just trying to provide some other options.. cheers

i use to swing 200 aday but all is few inch above ground...
it can help to make swing look nicer but the actual lowest point of swing not so accurate... Sad
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:10 am

I agree with MT .... i have a driving type mat at home but it hurts my elbow now ... and its best to hit from grass if possible .... Perhaps the Impact Stik is a more useful aid ...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:11 am

Was thinking about this, I tot impactstick or something of this nature would makes more sense then buying a matt. Plus a matt would be heavy and would need a bigger place to store.

Oh ya, dont forget about ceiling height hor...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:13 am

Khorkar wrote:
Was thinking about this, I tot impactstick or something of this nature would makes more sense then buying a matt. Plus a matt would be heavy and would need a bigger place to store.

Oh ya, dont forget about ceiling height hor...

tht's y the swing is compact.... heehee
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 am

interesting thread. i'm also looking for ways and means to practice in the comfort of my own home. so what i do is find a sliver of carpet, choke down and swing! haha not exactly what i can do at the range but it gets me by.. maybe MT could elaborate on other options apart from getting a mat? impactstik is one..
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 am

if your house got carpet, u can use a carpet to practise chipping.. that's what i used to do...

anyway, don't ask me lah, i don't know that much lah.. but i saw that the threadstarter was a novice and wanted to improve his golf swing, but there are alot of other ways, such as impactstik, weighted golf clubs etc to help train the muscle memory and consistency of his swing...

especially for us beginners, its very easy to practise the wrong things with a range mat, for example, we may be off-plane, casting club, etc, many problems which go unsolved with a range mat.. furthermore, i think there are alot of things which you can't practise even if you have a range mat, unless u have got a full scale indoor range, then maybe that's better..
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 am

can go buy the virtual golf one! i saw one on ebay! hahaha it went for quite a tidy sum..

anyway i totally agree with you. range mats merely give you the shiok feeling of 'good' contact when you brush the mat nice nice. but who knows whether you're coming out to in or even shanking. maybe can set up the net.. then can practice impact position. hmmm..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:14 am

I just use my rug, but I'm sure I'm damaging it.

I agree with KK. If you want to practise your swing, get an ImpactStik.

As for virtual golfing, get Tiger Woods PGA Tour for the Wii (with MotionPlus) Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:15 am

what a co-incident? i was going to ask if anyone wants to MO for driving range mat. we are ordering in a batch for a local condo. the price of mat is not so expensive but the problem has also been shipping and port clearance fee.

so here is the chance to have a piece and you only pay for the mat and the local freight.

we are bringing in the 3D type...see pic below and the actual sample is available for viewing at BM. size is 1.5 X 1.5, you can order square with or without tee holes. these mats are make in taiwan and they are very sturdy and reliable unlike the china ones. i must warn you that they are heavy. there is an air pocket in the middle to absorb impact.

PM me for price if interested. i will order by mid month.

if you want customised size, it can be done but not bigber than 1.5m.

thanks....DGman

Whats the best Golf Mat? 3895227756_5d7d06eb2c_o
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:39 am

Technospaz wrote:

i find after a few swings the carpet hair goes all over the place. gotta sweep up afterwards. haha
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am

order will be finalised by 15th sept....in case there are interested parties....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Dollra.Miyako
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dollra.Miyako

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 pm

ironfist wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

i find after a few swings the carpet hair goes all over the place. gotta sweep up afterwards. haha

aaa the carpat so poor thing botak liao
Back to top Go down
http://www.dstylez.blogspot.com
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:54 pm

someone called me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best Golf Mat?   Whats the best Golf Mat? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the best Golf Mat?
Page 1 of 1