Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats in the bag

Go down 
+6
Turbo
okb
MLP
Duval_S
pushslice
GolfMad62
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:19 pm

It doesnt really matter what clubs you have in your bag as long as they suit your game and you can play with them. Too many new golfers go for what they see the pros playing with without knowing if they truly suit them.

Motto of the story is dont be fashionable be sensible and get fitted up with clubs that suit your game and level of abillity. You will enjoy the game a whole lot more.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Wow u must be a strong man at 50, 70x ahina is no joke.

Can help give feedback on the anser driver? I've been on the edge since it came out. Did you get fitted by custom golf or wingolf guys?
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:14 pm

50 aint old mate Lol. I will write a review on my new driver shortly. By the way I can still hit my G20 with tour stiff shaft about 290 m
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Bro golfmad,,,,, what in he bag is important... Every time I see guys who has those latest clubs I immediately start to fear them

Especially those with Nike covert..... Scared the shit out of me

But I try to not show it
Back to top Go down
MLP
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MLP

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:36 pm

290m... unbelievable, not even fred couples hit it so far... please teach me how to rip it (:im only at 280m now ):
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Bro golfmad,,,,, what in he bag is important... Every time I see guys who has those latest clubs I immediately start to fear them

Especially those with Nike covert..... Scared the shit out of me

But I try to not show it

Bro don't worry what they got worry if they can wield it. I tried the Nike driver and it went all Rory Mac on me. Ill stick with my Ping.
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 pm

pushslice wrote:
Wow u must be a strong man at 50, 70x ahina is no joke.

Can help give feedback on the anser driver? I've been on the edge since it came out. Did you get fitted by custom golf or wingolf guys?

Mate the Anser Driver is the ducks nuts but its not for every one. I was fitted by Ping on Line then got a correction fitting by the Ping guys at Champions at Bukit Timah.
Back to top Go down
okb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:22 pm

GolfMad62 wrote:
It doesnt really matter what clubs you have in your bag as long as they suit your game and you can play with them. Too many new golfers go for what they see the pros playing with without knowing if they truly suit them.

Motto of the story is dont be fashionable be sensible and get fitted up with clubs that suit your game and level of abillity. You will enjoy the game a whole lot more.

Wisely said indeed and unfortunately, I think I am falling into this category "without knowing" golfers...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 pm

GolfMad62 wrote:
50 aint old mate Lol. I will write a review on my new driver shortly. By the way I can still hit my G20 with tour stiff shaft about 290 m

Wow! U can hit as far as a PGA Tour pro ... And even further than many Tour Pro too ...
Back to top Go down
nichjon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nichjon

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:10 pm

Wah 290m! Salute lah! I hope I can achieve that distance also.
Back to top Go down
nichjon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nichjon

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Oops sorry forgot to ask my question, can anyone give some tips on what to bring along for a game for a newbie? I usually only bring my driver, rescue 4, 7 n 9 irons, SW n putter. Is this ok? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:37 am

bring the clubs that you are familiar with.
Back to top Go down
nichjon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nichjon

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 am

Ok noted, anyway these clubs are what I practice with most often also. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:23 am

I think you should bring all your clubs and learn to get comfortable with them all in real playing conditions. Some will be easier than others but in time you will be at ease with them all.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
nichjon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nichjon

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 am

I see, so in this case I should make it a point to practice with all the clubs at the range too right? Thanks
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:37 pm

distance is important but it only contributes to your game only if you can make that approach onto the green.

best is to be able to drive to the correct distance for your most comfortable approach shot.

with that being said, being to rip it to 290 is commendable, and im sure you have a good short game to go along with it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:43 pm

I agree !00%. I hit a long ball because its in my make up not because i try to. I work harder on my short game and putting than i ever do with the driver. I am more about accuracy and hitting greens and fairways. Every round i count fairways hit, greens in regulation, sand saves and number of putts.

Being 1.93 m tall and 120 kgs helps with length. practice helps with the handicap
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:55 pm

GolfMad62 wrote:

Being 1.93 m tall and 120 kgs helps with length. practice helps with the handicap

holy shit bro u a BIG man =S
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
GolfMad62

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 pm

I am happy to play with anyone mate, happy to practice with anyone too. See me on the range come and say hi.
Back to top Go down
nichjon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nichjon

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Goodness, u must have custom clubs with longer shaft lengths than us shorties!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats in the bag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag   Whats in the bag I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats in the bag
Page 1 of 1