Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Fitness

Go down 
+20
mUAr_cHEe
hkhamateur
nientsu
bigrockshow
hardrock
Denmeister
weesern
eiji
jeffman88
lla23
rlhk
sob
Derek
pushslice
ocp23
Suzuki
pippin
Duval_S
shimizu.toruk
JonL_TK
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

Golf Fitness - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:25 pm

yup however all these still doesn't contribute to cardio fitness... or any muscle gain that is needed for fat loss...
Back to top Go down
lla23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Agree...the more cardio u do, the lesser ur body burns caleories.. Dun forget your body can adapt to training very easily like a daily routine..

by the way, Ur body also needs lean muscle mass to detoxify the body, do u know that the golf courses spray tons of petrol chemical stuff onto e greens to protect E grass?? If ur body is unable to detox off e 500 types of petrol chemical that is circulating in u, it will just affect ur neurotransmitter (brain) and also your thyriod (metabolism)..

pippin wrote:
yup however all these still doesn't contribute to cardio fitness... or any muscle gain that is needed for fat loss...
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Hmmm ... Lean body mass to detox ... Sure ... In line wit my theory of a leaner body to play overall better golf ?

Leaner anytime is better ... Tho sometimes the bigger the core the further the ball seems to go ...

To detox ... There are many ways... Colonics ... Supplements ... Veg diet ... Plus of coz ... A gd scrub 

Anyway ... Walking uses your shin more then quads ... So ... It actually trains a diff set of muscles ...

I encourage golfers to increase their cardio training
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Golfers aren't known for being "athletes." Rightfully so huh? It's not as if you have to be in peak physical condition to walk besides your caddy and swing a little stick 72 times per day. Probably why so many professional golfers are overweight. This is a list of the heaviest golfers on the PGA Tour (by weight in pounds):

1. Kevin Stadler - 250 lbs
2. Mark Calcavecchia - 225 lbs
3. Duffy Waldorf - 225 lbs
4. John Daly - 220 lbs
5. Kenny Perry - 220 lbs
6. Tim Herron - 210 lbs
7. Ernie Els - 210 lbs
8. Anegl Cabrera - 210 lbs
9. Vija Singh - 208 lbs
10. Lee Westwood - 205 lbs
11. Phil Mickelson - 200 lbs
12. Jim Gallagher, Jr. - 200 lbs
13. J.B Holmes - 190 lbs

Read more: http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/11209/Sports++Recreation/Fattest+Golfers+on+the+PGA+Tour.aspx#ixzz22DIXQ1mN

Last edited by jeffman88 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dpdpdp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:01 am

wah nice list! looks like we are about the same level as the top few players! Razz
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:46 am

dpdpdp wrote:
wah nice list! looks like we are about the same level as the top few players! Razz

Singapore's No 1 Pro
Golf Fitness - Page 4 MM
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 am

Lady players? Must still look gd mah
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 am

Haha try.. LPGA also supports u on same point...

TAMPA, FL--Laura Godfrey, a golfer on the LPGA tour, was blasted yesterday for her failure to be pretty. The portly Godfrey is frumpy, overweight, and oddly pear-shaped, and she’s doing “virtually nothing” to improve her appearance. Tour officials are considering a suspension and/or fine.

“Miss Godfrey is not the kind of woman we want representing the LPGA,” said Karen Durkin, LPGA senior vice president and marketing director. “She has continuously refused to improve her appearance through dieting, plastic surgery, or even extreme makeover. We’re trying to change our image and let America know that we can be sexy, too. Obviously, nobody is going to pay attention to a bunch of un-sexy women. Yea, Linda is a fine golfer. Great. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.”

The LPGA has been attempting to shed its image as a haven for tomboy-ish, chubby women with no fashion sense. Last month, each woman on the tour was forced to attend a seminar called Personal Style, in which fashion experts gave the golfers tips on how to present themselves. Fashion designer Vera Wang, cosmetics giant Trish McEvoy, InStyle editor Hal Rubenstein, and others instructed the golfers on how to appear more presentable on the course and on television. The move was all part of the LPGA’s campaign to market its players to a mainstream sports audience.

“Laura is being profoundly difficult,” said Ty Votaw, LPGA commissioner, who spearheaded the new marketing strategy. “She’s an excellent golfer, which means she’ll be highly visible to the media and fans. The fact that she’s ugly is beyond her control. We can’t kick her off the tour for that—we already looked into it. But she could do more to look attractive. She dresses like a goddamn schoolteacher. I’m prettier than she is, and I’m a man. This is unacceptable.”

http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/femalegolfer_full.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Fitness
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4