Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Fitness

Go down 
+20
mUAr_cHEe
hkhamateur
nientsu
bigrockshow
hardrock
Denmeister
weesern
eiji
jeffman88
lla23
rlhk
sob
Derek
pushslice
ocp23
Suzuki
pippin
Duval_S
shimizu.toruk
JonL_TK
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Golf Fitness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:58 pm

then there the other side of the coin: diet... Very Happy
is there any particular diet for golfers my core fit golfing frens?
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Complex carbs instead of simple carbs. Think wholemeal bread, oats etc. Commercial cereals too much sugar liao.

Replace sugar with honey. Omega-3 oils good for joint "lubrication"

Nuts, dried fruit, chicken breast etc.

Of course, eat in moderation ;-)
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Diet n exercise goes hand in hand ... Input vs output ... Seriously is golf considered an exercise??
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:24 pm

TRX....
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
lla23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Although wholemeal bread or oats seems healthy to everyone, but we hv to look deeper into nutrition.. Grains and Gluten does harm your gut health (digestive tract) and also your neuro transmitter (your brain function)..

That's why in F1 Grand Prix Teams, most of them have stop their drivers to consume them as it triggers the brain respond. That's why Kids with Austism or Down Syndrome are told to remove gluten and grains out of them as it triggers their behavior, like e.g (it changes their mood in general when they are on such food).

shimizu.toruk wrote:
Complex carbs instead of simple carbs. Think wholemeal bread, oats etc. Commercial cereals too much sugar liao.

Back to top Go down
lla23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Well, you are right, nutrition and exercise does work hand in hand... Golf is just a sports, which require better skill set and also good physical condition to improve your game.

pippin wrote:
Diet n exercise goes hand in hand ... Input vs output ... Seriously is golf considered an exercise??
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 pm

pippin wrote:

ever since i hv taken up golf i hv definitely put on more weight! lol.....
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:33 pm

lla23 wrote:
Although wholemeal bread or oats seems healthy to everyone, but we hv to look deeper into nutrition.. Grains and Gluten does harm your gut health (digestive tract) and also your neuro transmitter (your brain function)..

That's why in F1 Grand Prix Teams, most of them have stop their drivers to consume them as it triggers the brain respond. That's why Kids with Austism or Down Syndrome are told to remove gluten and grains out of them as it triggers their behavior, like e.g (it changes their mood in general when they are on such food).

shimizu.toruk wrote:

Ahh bro, you seem pretty knowledgeable in this area. So what would be considered good alternatives to these conventional foods?

I'm asking coz I genuinely wanna know :-)
Back to top Go down
lla23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 pm

I see, well, there's many factors to look at when u start putting on weight, like in general, your lifestyle might have changed and cause your metabolism to slow down..Food also plays a big role too

jeffman88 wrote:
pippin wrote:

ever since i hv taken up golf i hv definitely put on more weight! lol.....
Back to top Go down
lla23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Well, it really depends, becos everyone is different in terms of nutrition... that's why acustomize on nutrition is impt..

shimizu.toruk wrote:
lla23 wrote:

shimizu.toruk wrote:

Ahh bro, you seem pretty knowledgeable in this area. So what would be considered good alternatives to these conventional foods?

I'm asking coz I genuinely wanna know :-)
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:51 pm

i remember reading LKY gave up golf which he thought was good exercise esp hitting hundreds of balls at the range r playing 4 hrs 18-holes, till his daughter advised him to start jogging and quit smoking... Crying or Very sad i still harbor hope that golf will gimme the necessary workout cheers in an otherwise singaporean sedentary lifestyle Stretcher
Back to top Go down
lla23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Well, there's far more better ways to improve your weight management..

jeffman88 wrote:
i remember reading LKY gave up golf which he thought was good exercise esp hitting hundreds of balls at the range r playing 4 hrs 18-holes, till his daughter advised him to start jogging and quit smoking... Crying or Very sad i still harbor hope that golf will gimme the necessary workout cheers in an otherwise singaporean sedentary lifestyle Stretcher
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:03 am

jeffman88 wrote:

it will if u jog while carrying/with trolley ur golf bag for 18 holes...
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:42 am

jeffman88 wrote:

Compare this:

Ride a buggy for 18holes vs walking all 18 holes.

It is obvious which of the above gives a better workout.

On a personal note, the first time I played walking golf at RJCC, I was out of breathe after holes 1,2,3 and 4. The steep climbs really took the wind out of me.

It was that experience which motivated me to buy a membership there. I was at 90kg to begin with and after 6 months, I was able to maintain my weight at 84 to 85kg. This OS's achieved through consistent play (at least 2 18 hole rounds per week) and a healthier diet n lifestyle.

Because of golf, I reduced my alcohol consumption. I sleep before 10pm because of morning Tee off. I drink 3x as much water too.

However, if I have to also make up my mind to resist the temptations that golf offers; post game beer, isotonic beverages n pub visits after the game (if playing in the afternoon). I tell myself that I must not be a follower, and instead, should attempt to influence others to commit to a healthier lifestyle.

I still do the occassional beer n pub session but I try to avoid whenever possible.

To some (or maybe most of you), this may seem like a boring life, but to each his own. I love my morning walking golf n this lifestyle of mine helps me in enjoying my game 3 to 4x a week. In fact, I can even walk 36 holes a day! My record was 72 holes in 2 days!

Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:51 am

Eeeh walking is more suitable for pple who play it straight?

I believe cardio training is essential

I run almost daily ... Swim weekly... Range 2 times a week just so tat I can keep the drinking after golf!
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 am

pippin wrote:

I run almost daily ... Swim weekly... Range 2 times a week just so tat I can keep the drinking after golf!

Wow.... affraid
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 am

hardrock wrote:
pippin wrote:

Wow.... affraid

no wonder you can't catch me eh? lol!
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:26 am

pippin wrote:
hardrock wrote:
pippin wrote:

Wow.... affraid

no wonder you can't catch me eh? lol!

U sure? lol!
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:37 am

Guys there is another form of fitness workouts that are tailored for non impact. This is done on the deep end of a swimming pool. Great for cardio and overall fitness training on all levels.

Www.deepwaterworkout.com

I'll be joining the instructors course thats coming soon. Let me know if you have qns
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:39 am

so long as the intent is not such its fine. happy training folks...
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 am

bigrockshow wrote:
Guys there is another form of fitness workouts that are tailored for non impact. This is done on the deep end of a swimming pool. Great for cardio and overall fitness training on all levels.

Www.deepwaterworkout.com

I'll be joining the instructors course thats coming soon. Let me know if you have qns

Wah this is interesting. Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:50 am

I always felt that you do not play golf to keep fit. Instead you have to keep yourself fit to play golf and to reduce injuries as well.

Are there any golf-centric workouts that anyone is doing currently? care to share?
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 am

I've got friends who do pilates to increase their core strength... but to the effectiveness, i'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:03 am

pippin wrote:
bigrockshow wrote:

Www.deepwaterworkout.com

Wah this is interesting. Thanks for sharing

no worries! i have actually injured my back before during NS. This is the reason why i decided on this exercise. it gives me the flexibility that i'm looking for
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:21 am

pippin wrote:

Wow...impressive! Very Happy
Must learn fm u liao. Wink
Goin start swimmg & back cycling. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Fitness   Golf Fitness - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Fitness
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next