Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swinging Left - great video

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Swinging Left - great video Empty
PostSubject: Swinging Left - great video   Swinging Left - great video I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Very interesting video showing a pro getting familiar with the feeling of swinging left ...

Warning: this is for better players to consider , and anyone with the dreaded "OVER THE TOP" move should stay away!

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Swinging Left - great video Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swinging Left - great video   Swinging Left - great video I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm

The d-plane and new ball flight laws have proved to us that if a person makes good ball-first contact with a neutral horizontal swing plane (hsp) towards the target:

at impact the club path will be from the inside and the club face slightly closed to the path (and open to the target) = a draw. As the difference between the path and face increase the ball will draw more , and eventually overdraw or hook. This is the problem most better players are faced with ...

By shifting the hsp further left it is possible "zero out" the club path and face angle , and if not zero out then at least lessen the degrees of difference = straighter shots or baby fade/ draws ...

This is why a lot of the pros (especially those with trackman) are working on swinging left!
Back to top Go down

Swinging Left - great video
Page 1 of 1