Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
golfoooo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback  Empty
PostSubject: Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback    Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:44 am

A few friends asking about lessons by such deal. Any feedback?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback    Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Golfoooo,

I signed up on one of these packages b4, but since i have not had the conventional type training before my views are by no means a comparison to the standard packages.

1) Price: less than half of the standard packages.

2) Lesson syllabus: first 8 lessons, range practise. lesson 9: theory. lesson 10: course practise. As my class wasnt ready, my coach cancelled the course lesson and continued with range instead.

3) Review: I personally already learnt many years ago via my dad so i took this up as a refresher. Coaches were good and managed to help correct some of my errors. But for my completely beginner friends, it was simply a intoduction course. Sometimes there might be more than 4 pax per lesson. So exposure to coaches will be reduced. So they didnt really improve much.

4) Conclusion: It'll be a good start for ppl who are unsure and want to have alittle exposure before committing to the game. Anyway, as this is a beginner course, the coach will definitely ask u to go for the intermediate>advance>HDCP route.

Just my personal feedback

Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback    Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:06 pm

I am actually thinking of doing what DLWL has said.

I have done my lessons and PC few months back but have not been getting a consistent swing. That's why I thought I could go for this low cost program as a refresher course and possibly picking up what I had missed previously. Also I think that one can better appreciate and relate what the coach says now after the experiences of hitting balls on range and on course.

Maybe the guys here can provide some advice?

In any case, I agree it is a good idea for ppl who are unsure to get a feel before going down this road of no return (which I had).
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback    Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:16 pm

bro, i believe this is a many to one.. ( 4-6 student) given the prices.

not good if you are looking at the pro, helping you with your swing.
Back to top Go down
mabash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback    Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 am

As a newbie golfer, I'm pleased with the lessons. The ratio of teacher to students is not ideal but you come to expect that at the super cheap prices. But I've gotten lots of great tips and even with the minimal coaching, I feel like I've improved within this one month moreso than I ever did when I tried to pick it up by myself.

If you are quite proactive about seeking out advice and tips from the teacher, I found mine to be patient and willing to stop and explain in further detail, otherwise he might just walk on by if you keep your head down and just whack balls. Hopefully you get someone like that too. I guess it might be luck of the draw too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback    Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Groupon/Deals golf discounted lessons feedback
Page 1 of 1