Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85

Go down 
+9
haragolfer
Birdman
TaylorMadeKL
Vinny
Tituman
angyongshen
swine
MPA
melv
13 posters
AuthorMessage
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
melv

Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  Empty
PostSubject: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Any review or feedback for those who had used this before? Smile

http://www.groupon.sg/deals/shopping/gg-groupon-p01697742-16/718870145?CID=SG_DIS_5638_5780_5414_643&a=TTT_Online%20Deal_PRODUCTSOPTICS1_718870145&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=5638&nlp=1&utm_campaign=SG_DT_DIS_INT_JPG_TTT_RN_CBP_CHA_NBR_n*5638_c*5780_p*5414_x*643_y*Online%20Deal_b*PRODUCTSOPTICS1&nlp=1&nan_pid=1807393664
Back to top Go down
MPA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:03 pm

I think this is similar with range finder sold at chinese ecommerce site for less than 20 bucks including shipping.
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
melv

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:08 pm

hi, you mean different brand but same function? or same brand and model?
Back to top Go down
swine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:33 pm

No such model on the product site
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:43 pm

http://www.criticalgolf.com/reviews/laser-rangefinders/bushnell-5x20-golf-scope-review/

Seems like it was a real product at least. Retailing at quite a different price.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:48 am

Don't throw away your money. You will definitely regret buying it, not withstanding at such a high price. Just because its branded with Bushnell doesn't meant it is good. Save your money and buy a laser range finder later. If you really want one, go get one which is selling below $20 and throwing away one won't hurt so much. My $85 worth of opinion.
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
melv

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:14 am

Yes dudes.
Been using my IPhone apps for the purpose..
just happen to bump this 'offer'..

points taken. Smile
Cheers dudes !!

Last edited by melv on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 1:12 pm

I remember purchasing the same product many years back and I do not recall having to shell out that amount...... At $85, you're as good half way to a pre-owned range finder........
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 1:56 pm

I started tarted out with some really good but not-so-branded laser range finder from Amazon... Remember that it was a brand called Simmons. Amazon should still sell them. On some days (due to exchange rates and fluctuation of prices) you can get a decent and accurate laser range finder for less than US$100... Shipping should be less than S$10 but will take one to two weeks...

Anyway, a basic range finder (like the Simmons) is pretty accurate, only downside is that it lacks the pinseeker technology and also no slope compensation when compared to Bushnell V2/V3... But in terms of linear distance, it is pretty spot on.

Don't waste the $ on the scope cos you are gonna end up not using it...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Surprising to see that the retail price is $219 for this product. Even at $85, it's waaaaaay too expensive for the build quality and technology, or more the lack of it, for this rangefinder.

I have the same unbranded device lying around the house bought for a few dollars eons ago.

It's a simple rangefinder with plastic lens and construction all around.

There are no electronics in the scope, which works by measuring the height of the flagstick against the markings inside of the scope. Just read the distance already printed beside whatever marking the top of the flagstick corresponds to. The further away you are the smaller the flagstick looks and vice versa.

I can't vouch for its accuracy but I do know that not all flagsticks are of the same standard height, and that can mess up the distance reading quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:15 pm

bird is right. shouldn't cost more than $$20 on normal retailprice.
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
melv

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Ha... Noticed golf house selling smthg similar too
At price of 20 over bucks..
Back to top Go down
golftraveller
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golftraveller

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:04 pm

i cant find that one Bushnell Website either
Back to top Go down
http://golftraveller.wordpress.com
flamer0454
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
flamer0454

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:51 pm

its not even worth $5 bucks.. I might have one to give.. pm if you want.. FCFS..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 pm

i like the reply from flamer0454 and i agree 100%.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Boycott Groupon!!!! They are crap!
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
melv

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 11:24 am

FHa... The services & products not seems as good as b4...
And some deals r more ex, like this bushnell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85    Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Groupon : Bushnell Golf Scope Rangefinder at $85
Page 1 of 1