Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3

Go down 
+31
herpderp
desyjean
jeremykoh
nerij
skybobo
pug
AMF
DiVoTion
andrew-golf
renode
golfaholic
Jaws
gunship
3131T
greenteaz
DGman
9points
EastCoastHack
snagy23
righthook
Ngn52
blee67
mtheseira
bogeyman72
kamen
golfool2009
Derek
rsenal
jurongtiger
Technospaz
imrog
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 Empty
PostSubject: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:38 pm

With the new Amazon free shipping to SG, these may be a viable purchase. I did some checking on Amazon and we seem to have 2 brands, Bushnell and Nikon. I did some research on GR and it seems the reviews are for the Bushnell V2 model. Has anyone used the Nikon or Bushnell V3 models?

Callaway 8396 X-Hot Golf GPS/Rangefinder - US$232
Bushnell Tour V3 Standard Edition Golf Laser Rangefinder - US$296

Any input would be appreciated. Cheers. Beer

Last edited by imrog on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

I've been using the Bushnell V2 Tour Slope version for over a year. No problems with it at all. Very reliable Smile
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 pm

If u looking t mass order pls lemme knw
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Using a Nikon Coolshot (similar to Calalway razr)

Previously using Bushnell 1500 and 1600 (both slope edition)

Both brands does the job but Prefered the nikon.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I've been using the Bushnell V2 Tour Slope version for over a year. No problems with it at all. Very reliable Smile

I love the slope correct on TS's Bushnell ... it really works!!! Just get the number and have full confidence that if you hit the ball properly, the distance will be correct, even for severe upslope/downslope ...

However, I personally have an issue aiming Bushnell's cos my hands are not steady but I heard from a couple of guys here that there are versions that have more zoom which supposedly make it easier to aim ...
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:27 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
If u looking t mass order pls lemme knw

I think Amazon is shipping free to SG for orders above USD125. These are limited to items sold from Amazon themselves as opposed to where they are the middleman for another merchant. Therefore, you no longer need a mass buy to save on shipping. Check out this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Slope-Edition-Rangefinder-Pinseeker/dp/B001NIRZ8I/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1370859886&sr=1-1&keywords=bushnell+slope+rangefinder
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Looking at the Nikons...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Are these prices attractive?

What's the retail on these models here in SG?

Cheers.

imrog wrote:

Any input would be appreciated. Cheers. Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 293543
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:55 pm

Derek wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

I love the slope correct on TS's Bushnell ... it really works!!! Just get the number and have full confidence that if you hit the ball properly, the distance will be correct, even for severe upslope/downslope ...

However, I personally have an issue aiming Bushnell's cos my hands are not steady but I heard from a couple of guys here that there are versions that have more zoom which supposedly make it easier to aim ...

Of course you liked it. IIRC, whenever you had me whip out the Bushnell, you end up posting a killer score Wink
Back to top Go down
mtheseira
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 pm

i also have an issue with shaky hands, can't seem to target the flag properly, sigh..

have not tried nikon just bushnell so far.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Derek wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Of course you liked it. IIRC, whenever you had me whip out the Bushnell, you end up posting a killer score Wink

Like that ah, TS can I play with you too? I want to get killer score too! bounce
Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi, I'm wonder can this laser rangefinder use for tournament? I've never let my junior use it worry that it might not be approve?? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:38 pm

mtheseira wrote:
i also have an issue with shaky hands, can't seem to target the flag properly, sigh..

have not tried nikon just bushnell so far.

Nikon apparently has a feature 'First Target Priority Technology' shown at 02:00 to address this issue. Just need to paint the target's surrounding and it'll provide the distance reading.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Besides the first target priority tech, the nikon coolshot can simultaneously scan your desired target within 1 click for 8 seconds. No need to click each time you want to scan the area ie back of green, bunkers etc

I dont think you could go wrong with either bushnell, nikon or even leupold. At the end of the day, its an individual preference.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Heres a good read of various range finders:-

http://www.mygolfspy.com/callaway-razr-laser-rangefinder-review/
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Wah, bed-time read! Thanks bro rsenal.
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 pm

I have the same question too, but I've never actually seen any of these in Singapore. Anyone on the forum see these in a store before? I would be happy to go ask for pricing, and maybe ask about group buy...

bogeyman72 wrote:

Cheers.

imrog wrote:

Any input would be appreciated. Cheers. Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 293543
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 pm

imrog wrote:
I have the same question too, but I've never actually seen any of these in Singapore. Anyone on the forum see these in a store before? I would be happy to go ask for pricing, and maybe ask about group buy...

bogeyman72 wrote:

Cheers.

imrog wrote:

I did a general enquiry on nikon website for laser 500A S few weeks back
According to nikon only the following store carried it
Dealer:
I-Photo
Address:
304 ORCHARD ROAD #01-79 LUCKY PLAZA SINGAPORE 238863
   6235 4248      6235 4547
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:01 pm

affraid LUCKY PLAZA!!
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Iphoto used to be called Lords Photo. Decent photography shop. So not likely to be "chopped" like the other shops in that building. Maybe its time to pay a visit to find out about Nikon rangefinders.

Does BFG still carry Bushnell? Calling boss Eric...
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 pm

imrog wrote:
Iphoto used to be called Lords Photo. Decent photography shop. So not likely to be "chopped" like the other shops in that building. Maybe its time to pay a visit to find out about Nikon rangefinders.

Does BFG still carry Bushnell? Calling boss Eric...

Beer been sitting on this pondering its bushnell or nikon

Bro imrog, do share the field report cheers

Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Have a bushnell slope edition, very easy to use and i would say very accurate.
But i normally use it when i hit par 3. sometimes take too much time measure select club etc etc. aahaha..
yes i have shakey hands after hitting balls on course. sometime like u go run down and take a deep breath hold and shoot! ahaha..
quite fun i must say, sometimes can check out the ppl on the green! ahahha..
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 7:39 am

Ngn52 wrote:
Hi, I'm wonder can this laser rangefinder use for tournament? I've never let my junior use it worry that it might not be approve?? Thanks!

Non-slope, under local rule, yes. From the USGA website:

14-3/0.5
Local Rule Permitting Use of Distance-Measuring Device
Q. May a Committee, by Local Rule, permit the use of distance-measuring devices?
A. Yes. A Committee may establish a Local Rule allowing players to use devices that measure or gauge distance only (see the Note to Rule 14-3). However, the use of a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect a player's play (e.g., gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc) is not permitted regardless of whether such an additional function is used.
In the absence of such a Local Rule, the use of a distance-measuring device would be contrary to Rule 14-3.

But you can use it during practice rounds to get better at judging distances yourself, as well as to build your yardage book for competitions. I use the Nikon Coolshot. Got it at Sim Lim.

http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/0329_coolshot_01.htm

Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:42 am

Bro ECH,

May I ask if the retail price of the Nikon coolshot is at SGD468, will the retailer give discount if we negotiate hard enough?

Actually I paid quite a bit of attention to a few negative user feedback on Nikon range finders, seems like QC is not really that good and there are a few lemons out of the production line.

May be wiser to buy from local retailer with local tech support & warranty..... still thinking

EastCoastHack wrote:
Ngn52 wrote:

Non-slope, under local rule, yes. From the USGA website:

14-3/0.5
Local Rule Permitting Use of Distance-Measuring Device
Q. May a Committee, by Local Rule, permit the use of distance-measuring devices?
A. Yes. A Committee may establish a Local Rule allowing players to use devices that measure or gauge distance only (see the Note to Rule 14-3). However, the use of a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect a player's play (e.g., gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc) is not permitted regardless of whether such an additional function is used.
In the absence of such a Local Rule, the use of a distance-measuring device would be contrary to Rule 14-3.

But you can use it during practice rounds to get better at judging distances yourself, as well as to build your yardage book for competitions. I use the Nikon Coolshot. Got it at Sim Lim.

http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/0329_coolshot_01.htm

Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 am

Ngn52 wrote:

Hi Ngn52,

In majority of western countries, the use of range finders that are conforming to tournament condition (non-slope edition) are allowed in their junior and amateur tournaments. This helps to reduce the time to work out distance that they have for their shots, hence improve on pace of play.

In Singapore scene, the following is extracted from National Ranking Game 2013's CoC:

12. Distance Measuring Device

a. Players must not use any distance measuring device in any form during the stipulated round. Use of any such Distance Measuring Device will be a breach of Rule 14-3. Penalty for breach is DISQUALIFICATION.

While the following is extracted from SGA Inter Club League 2013's CoC:

13. DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICE

a. A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distancemeasuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.

And the following is extracted from the most recent Singapore Junior Golf Championship 2013 at Keppel:

DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICE

40. Players must not use any distance measuring device in any form during the stipulated round. Use of any such Distance Measuring Device will be a breach of Rule 14-3. Penalty for breach is DISQUALIFICATION.

Hope these give you and Jing Wen an idea of the use of such device in tournaments in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3   Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group buy for Bushnell Laser Rangefinder V3
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next