Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC and HCP the non coach way

Go down 
+5
kooky
zakevich
Derek
joshyo
timang84
9 posters
AuthorMessage
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PC and HCP the non coach way Empty
PostSubject: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 am

Heya,

I would like to ask if anyone has gotten their PC or HCP the non coach way?
Looking for a economical way to get these papers... thanks.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 am

Idk about you but, im just going for hcp straight. Collecting 5x 18 holes and then going to MGK for courtesy round. Either way still have to pay for that. No escaping that. As for the cards, im collecting mine from either clubs that i can smoke in or playing in Malaysia ^^

MBGC on weekday rates seem quite reasonable. $75 for green + buggy. If u know any other course that can play with just swing test or they close eyes let u play, let me know too (:

Gd luck!
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 am

did you go for a swing test at MBGC before they allowed you to play there? If so, how long is it valid for?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:40 am

Hi timang84,

I am not sure what you mean by the non-coach way to get PC and Handicap. But just want to help clarify a few things.

Firstly, Golf Handicaps are not issued by Golf coaches. PCs or Proficiency Certificates are issued by coaches, academies or golf clubs. However, please note that PCs are not equal. Some confer playing privileges (at golf clubs), some do not. NONE are universally accepted. Also, as PCs are a Singaporean thing, they will not be accepted overseas.

USGA Handicaps are issued and maintained by Golf Clubs, who are licensed by the national golf association (in our case SGA - Singapore Golf Association) and the national golf association is in turn licensed by the USGA, who owns the USGA Handicap System inclusive of the Course and Slope Rating system. USGA Handicaps, as well as handicapping systems used in other regions, e.g. CONGU, are accepted globally. However, some clubs will restrict play if your handicap is too high, usually in the interest of safety and pace of play.

With regards to the swing test at MBGC, it costs $10.70 and is valid for 1 month. However, it is only recognised at MBGC. Likewise, swing tests at other clubs will only be recognised at the club that issues it.
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 am

Hi Derek, Can NSRCC maintain the USGA handicaps for its member?
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 am

Derek wrote:
Hi timang84,

I am not sure what you mean by the non-coach way to get PC and Handicap. But just want to help clarify a few things.

Firstly, Golf Handicaps are not issued by Golf coaches. PCs or Proficiency Certificates are issued by coaches, academies or golf clubs. However, please note that PCs are not equal. Some confer playing privileges (at golf clubs), some do not. NONE are universally accepted. Also, as PCs are a Singaporean thing, they will not be accepted overseas.

USGA Handicaps are issued and maintained by Golf Clubs, who are licensed by the national golf association (in our case SGA - Singapore Golf Association) and the national golf association is in turn licensed by the USGA, who owns the USGA Handicap System inclusive of the Course and Slope Rating system. USGA Handicaps, as well as handicapping systems used in other regions, e.g. CONGU, are accepted globally. However, some clubs will restrict play if your handicap is too high, usually in the interest of safety and pace of play.

With regards to the swing test at MBGC, it costs $10.70 and is valid for 1 month. However, it is only recognised at MBGC. Likewise, swing tests at other clubs will only be recognised at the club that issues it.

HI Derek, Thanks for explanation. Well i understand that PC may not be required to play 5x18 holes or 10x9 holes to get the final HCP cert. Am i right to say that if i go to mandai for 9 times and get the score cards? I can register to MGK for HCP and courtesy round? Many thanks guys.

Tim
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 am

timang84 wrote:
Derek wrote:
Hi timang84,

HI Derek, Thanks for explanation. Well i understand that PC may not be required to play 5x18 holes or 10x9 holes to get the final HCP cert. Am i right to say that if i go to mandai for 9 times and get the score cards? I can register to MGK for HCP and courtesy round? Many thanks guys.

Tim

No, cannot. Mandai is not a full fledged golf course (its only a par 3 course) and it is not course/slop rated ('difficulty level rating'). you need proper golf course like OCC, batam golf courses etc.
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 am

Right, thanks for that kooky. Most prob will go for PC theory and practical test at MGK, then take it step wise for the HCP
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:01 pm

zakevich wrote:

Hi Zakevich,

Definitely! As a golf club and member of SGA, NSRCC is definitely licensed to operate USGA Handicap System for its members.
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:16 pm

timang84 wrote:
Right, thanks for that kooky. Most prob will go for PC theory and practical test at MGK, then take it step wise for the HCP

yeps, all the best!
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Derek wrote:
zakevich wrote:

Hi Zakevich,

Definitely! As a golf club and member of SGA, NSRCC is definitely licensed to operate USGA Handicap System for its members.

Thank you, Derek.

Sorry to Timang84 for posting on your thread.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Just a reminder to all those who intend to take a "shortcut" with your handicap. Please buy golf insurance.One of the reasons Golf courses want you to have a handicap is simply because if you hit someone with a ball, YOU get sued not them.
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:09 pm

@zakevich: no prob man, we're all here to learn from one another.
@bangla123: if I were to get it from MGK, should be fine right?
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:45 pm

timang84 wrote:
@zakevich: no prob man, we're all here to learn from one another.
@bangla123: if I were to get it from MGK, should be fine right?

Hi Tim,
MGK is perfectly fine. go for it.. Smile
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 pm

I think when we register with MGK insurance is already counted in the cost + maintaining the HC? Not too sure tho. Even tho i've no HC im already holding a MGK card, but cannot ballot for occ luh. No PC no HC..
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:09 pm

joshyo wrote:
I think when we register with MGK insurance is already counted in the cost + maintaining the HC? Not too sure tho. Even tho i've no HC im already holding a MGK card, but cannot ballot for occ luh. No PC no HC..

Hi Josh,

as a member of MGK, you already paid for the membership and yes it does cover insurance.
But you will need to get your PC in order to get on the course, to earn your 5 cards for your handicap submission.

As a member of my golf kaki, you are automatically covered under the NTUC Income’s Golfers Insurance Policy. The policy jacket coverage is as follows:

I
Liability to the Public
$1,500,000

(Any one accident and unlimited any one Period)

II

Personal Accident
$50,000
(Per insured person)

III
Medical Expenses
$1,500 (per insured person; any one accident)
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Nice. Thats why I was sure i did read smth about golfers insurance when i signed up for it.

Anw, im getting my scorecards from places that allow me to just take swing tests as its a hassle to go into mbgc for just the PC. So i'll just head there for games and the courtesy round. Score cards from Malaysia are allowed too right? Cuz thats where most of my cards are coming from :3
Back to top Go down
Angls
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:09 pm

joshyo wrote:
Nice. Thats why I was sure i did read smth about golfers insurance when i signed up for it.

Anw, im getting my scorecards from places that allow me to just take swing tests as its a hassle to go into mbgc for just the PC. So i'll just head there for games and the courtesy round. Score cards from Malaysia are allowed too right? Cuz thats where most of my cards are coming from :3

Btw, I do not hv PC but playing in malaysia couple of times. Can the score card be used to obtain HCP in sg?.. Thanks
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:21 pm

officially have my 5 scorecards gna try to get my hc in june
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:28 pm

joshyo wrote:
officially have my 5 scorecards gna try to get my hc in june

Your 5 scorecard from which course?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC and HCP the non coach way   PC and HCP the non coach way I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC and HCP the non coach way
Page 1 of 1