Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included

Go down 
+31
DKing
mika
TigaWood
nrafee
Ssquirrel
pushslice
Duval_S
Suspicious
timang84
slinger
Shanks!
teegem
etsk22
Birdman
Technospaz
CoastGuy
alvin7379
cjc81
Slicer51
JawereZ
acidic88
golfool2009
nientsu
eiji
duffader
Derek
jeremykoh
Cyrano
asahi
DGman
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included Empty
PostSubject: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:48 am

i was recently in KL to do some demos as well as do a couple of interviews with a couple of magazines there. one of the owner of a magazine asked me if i would do an analysis for a golfer who is having a hard time with his putting..i agreed but there is a condition, there will be 5 other golf coaches to see if we can "cure this golfer who is on the edge of getting yips"

so at the stroke of 8 pm, 5 coaches and 1 golfer turn up at the JNG Putting Studio at Tropicana Golf Club.

first order of the day is to explain the putting mechanics and how our body reacts to different action. then we use a laser beam to show how when a person's eye position is altered, what sort of involuntary reaction can occur. then we go on to show them aiming and how by having the head in different tilt position, how perception of the line can be altered. last but no least we show how the elbow position has a way of causing involuntary release action.

Now working with the golfer "on the fringe of yips". we explained why yips can occur and how we intend to work with him. he was 30% open to new ideas at this point and the reason being, he is very knowledgeable about everything to do with putting. he read every book and tries to incorporate everything in his own putting. the task was simple but yet tough. we needed to convince him very quickly that we need to do something fast which will convince him to change and get "reprogram".

So we got him to putt his own way with 3 balls and the coaches were asked to look at the quality of the stroke and the result of the roll. well they were not pretty.

the next 3 putts, he was asked to just pretend that he is a robot and will do exactly what i say to complete the task. the laser beam was on to show where the eye was in relationship to the ball and where the right hand was supposed to be. he was still using his own putter too. the objective is to get him to use the ZEN putting invocation and some of the drills attached to the run-up to the putt. the long and short of it is he made 2 out of the 3 putts and the stroke was totally different from the previous attempt.

everyone wanted to know how we can do so in such a short time. it was really simple. Reprogramming is about using new skills to replace the old ones. instead of trying to change the old ways its really tough, but once you can explain and demonstrate clearly how aiming can help a golfer gain confidence, how by having certain parts of our body in synch with the intended action of stroking, and lastly the desired finishing of the putter at release, everything will come together easier.

so the buy-in is immediate. the golfer is sold but i have a piece of advice for him. i asked him about his putting when he first started playing golf and how it was. he thought it was better then now. i told him that he is a case with information overload and his motor control simply has too many instructions to follow hence the breakdown in processing the more important information like distance, direction and feel. he cannot agree more and promised that he will "free" himself and make putting a lot simpler from now on.

to cut a long story shot, the "problem' golfer was putting pretty well as the end of the session, the coaches were impressed and they asked if they could use the ZEN Putting Invocation in their coaching, we agreed.

what happened was an extraordinary opportunity to show how putting can be simplified to get rid of techniques, judgement and anticipation but to put more emphasis on gaining confidence, comfort and feel through a series of proven run-up from aiming to the actual act of sending the ball to the hole.

i am sure those who have been trained on the ZEN Putting Invocation will understand what i am talking about and how easy putting can be.

oh last but not least the problem golfer turned up to be a writer for a golf magazine and he promised he will tell his story. he will be playing in a media tournament and will be using his new skills this weekend and our target for him is simply "Break 30".

have a good weekend ahead...i will be away from this sunday to next weekend so if you want to find out more about putting analysis, it will resume after the 19th of Dec.

Cheers.......DGman

now here's a good for thought...a person who is very good in his/her putting stroke has a very controlled takeaway and a spontaneous release while one who is below average is exactly the opposite, the takeaway is spontaneous but the release is controlled. the will lead to under putting and also creating all sort of pull and push.

5 coaches will be coming to Singapore to learn more about the ZEN Putting invocation, so i presume they are pretty sold on the idea....haha

Last edited by DGman on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:53 am

Indeed very long winded!

But what impact for the golfer and the coaches!!!

DGman is right. K.I.S.S for putting.
And putt will be true and Swee Swee.....best complemented with a ZEN ZIM putter!
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:58 am

do u need an assistant when u conduct yr lessons?. hehehehehhe
Back to top Go down
jeremykoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Bro DGman , can you spare some time to do it on me ??? Maybe when they are around can Oi invited me to share the experience ???
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Wow ... great post DGman! How can we find out more about Zen Putting Invocation?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Lag putts - ANNNNNNNNDYYYYY Laaauuu..
Long uphill putts - ANNNDDYY LAUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:39 pm

jeremy.....sure when the pros are in, you join in the lesson...but i will be happy to give you private tuition cos if you decide to putt like Alex, you already know the path but only you can decide to use it. we can bring the cow to the water but not make the cow drink.

as for the others, i will be happy to do a couple of private sessions, 2 to 3 person per group at no cost so that you can find out more about how you can improve the putting stats immediately. i will be away and back after the 19th so if you wish to have as session on the following dates, please fill in the names. do make a point that once you have booked, please turn up or you will deprive someone else of the slot.

20 Dec - 2 to 4 pm

22 Dec - 2 pm to 4 pm

have fun and i hope that a little a day, we can help golfers understand and putt better.

commerical break......

here's a video of a player who have found a great deal of success in a very short time. he is the all-time highest earner on the EuroPro Tour and top the order of merit.

and another video of a player who recently was at the HOZ, Jeremy must have had a good time playing with him recently...

enjoy......DGman
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 pm

20 Dec - 2 to 4 pm
1. eiji

22 Dec - 2 pm to 4 pm
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Going to half day leave for this on Monday. Will place myself as a TBC, pending leave approval

20 Dec - 2 to 4 pm
1. eiji

22 Dec - 2 pm to 4 pm
1. nientsu (TBC)

Last edited by nientsu on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:01 pm

20 Dec - 2 to 4 pm
1. eiji
2. 2008

22 Dec - 2 pm to 4 pm
1. nientsu (TBC)
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 pm

20 Dec - 2 to 4 pm
1. eiji
2. 2008
3. golfool

22 Dec - 2 pm to 4 pm
1. nientsu (TBC)
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Guys... I went through this before.... really helpful. Pay loads of attention on the setup, and everything will fall in place.....
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 pm

duffader wrote:
Guys... I went through this before.... really helpful. Pay loads of attention on the setup, and everything will fall in place.....

Do I have to learny some Andy Lau songs before I go?
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:56 pm

20 Dec - 2 to 4 pm
1. eiji
2. 2008
3. golfool

22 Dec - 2 pm to 4 pm
1. nientsu (TBC)
2. acidic88
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Guys, if you dun like Andy Lau, Sammi Cheng also can.
What a Face
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 pm

asahi wrote:
Guys, if you dun like Andy Lau, Sammi Cheng also can.
What a Face

a-----sa-----hi---- can or not??
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 pm

the new Zen Putter Invocation is silent and non-acoustic, think of it as a walk in the park with a renewed Chi in the steps.

DGman

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:08 am

i can't wait...i want to break 30!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:28 am

[quote="acidic88"]20 Dec - 2 to 4 pm
1. eiji
2. 2008
3. golfool

22 Dec - 2 pm to 4 pm
1. nientsu (TBC)
2. acidic88
3. Jawerez
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:41 am

wah slots go so fast....great!

DGman

if there are more interest we will open more slots.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 1:04 am

DGman wrote:
wah slots go so fast....great!

DGman

if there are more interest we will open more slots.

Boss,

I am interested but not until next month. Can ?
Back to top Go down
cjc81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 4:11 am

I am interested as well.

Cheers,
Jason
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 am

steve for you anytime...

Jason which dates do you prefer? we can do 21st same timing if its ok for you.

DGman
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:18 am

I think I'll need like 10 sessions... 2 not enuff le... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:22 am

alvin if you can convince yourself that you can change to be better you can do it in 1 hour.

its what i told a junior golfer who has grown taller than me....you are no longer a kid so stop playing golf like one. in your case your physical preparation on the golf course is still that of a 20 handicapper and i am sure your betting kakis will love that.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included   What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What does Technique do to Putting - Videos included
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next