Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us Empty
PostSubject: Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us   Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:01 am

Let's Hope This Happens To All Of Us!

Toward the end of the Sunday service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?" 80% held up their hands. The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one man, an avid golfer named Walter Barnes, who attended church only when the weather was bad. "Mr. Barnes, it's obviously not a good morning for golf. It's good to see you here today. Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?" "I don't have any," he replied gruffly. "Mr. Barnes, that is very unusual. How old are you?" "Ninety-eight," he replied. The congregation stood up and clapped their hands. "Oh, Mr. Barnes, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world?"

The old golfer tottered down the aisle, stopped in front of the pulpit, turned around, faced the congregation, and said simply, "I outlived those bastards."
Back to top Go down
YC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us   Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:39 am

Haha good one! Sharing with my friends!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us   Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 am

cant help but to laugh on this one.. Smile
2nd YC's, really good one.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us   Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Maan, i dun wanna live till 98 and all my loved ones and even enemies died before me. lonely sia

On another note, saw in the news a 99yr old sikh completed a marathon. Dun think i can even wipe my own ass at 98 Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us   Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:36 pm

The moral of the story is you can golf forever, if you can live forever.
Back to top Go down
henrychiahb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
henrychiahb

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us   Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:08 pm

TDO wrote:
Let's Hope This Happens To All Of Us!

Toward the end of the Sunday service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?" 80% held up their hands. The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one man, an avid golfer named Walter Barnes, who attended church only when the weather was bad. "Mr. Barnes, it's obviously not a good morning for golf. It's good to see you here today. Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?" "I don't have any," he replied gruffly. "Mr. Barnes, that is very unusual. How old are you?" "Ninety-eight," he replied. The congregation stood up and clapped their hands. "Oh, Mr. Barnes, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world?"

The old golfer tottered down the aisle, stopped in front of the pulpit, turned around, faced the congregation, and said simply, "I outlived those bastards."

LONG LIVE THE GOLF!!!!! PLAY GOLF WILL OUT LIVE THOSE WHO DON'T HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us   Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Hope This Happens to All of Us
Page 1 of 1