Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Protecting putter sole

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

Protecting putter sole Empty
PostSubject: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 am

I recently acquired a zen zam, British open 2010 limited edition, from a forum bro here and wanted to game it. When I went to collect it, I was pleasantly surprised to find the putter sole to be in immaculate condition and still very shiny from the bronze finish.

The question comes now, I want to game using it but I also want to protect the sole too, do any people have ideas on how to protect?

I was thinking of putting a layer or two of iPad screen protector over it, cutting to shape. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 am

Clubs are meant to be played with in its original condition to have the actual feel. It can be treasured with proper care and cleaning. If not might as well buy and put of shelf for display. My 2 cts worth.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:06 am

It's not scratches. It is battle scars. Shows that the club has lived a fulfilling life.
I have some project 2nd chance clubs that has a mint club face but the grip has deteriorated with time and the club has past its time without having even hit a ball.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:10 am

Do you know that some shops that sell 2nd hand clubs usually polish the clubs to pristine condition before they display it. Of course the clubs have to repairable in the first place.
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 am

nrafee wrote:
It's not scratches. It is battle scars. Shows that the club has lived a fulfilling life.

I second that sentiment!
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks for the comments. I'm sold on the battle scar thing, haha.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:17 am

A mate of mine also has the same putter... He uses Electrical tape to tape the bottom and prevent scratches...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protecting putter sole   Protecting putter sole I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protecting putter sole
Page 1 of 1