Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge

Go down 
+2
pocketace
Elysium
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge Empty
PostSubject: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:30 pm

I was recommended to try steel shafted irons, and I found the cost of reshafting my current set of irons uneconomical.
So I have been in the market looking for a new set of steel shaft irons now

I kinda narrowed my search into 2 particular sets,
the Fusion Wide Sole and the Diablo Edge. I tried both today at the JCC Pan West and like the feel of both.
Costs about the same, except the Fusion comes 3-SW and Edge only comes 5-SW (not an issue for me)

If you were in my position, which would you choose ?

PS : I checked out the MPF for both of the irons, and the Fusions scored higher indicating more forgiveness, but I don't know how much of the data can actually translate into real-world effects.

PS2: JCC Pan-West sale on, 20% sale, and additional 20% for JCC members.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:55 pm

The Fusion is a bit dated liao... Diablo Edge is new, plus for me, I dun use 3i or 4i so 5-sw is fine for me. I'll take the Diablo Edge thank u...
but I am not buying... u are...
which one you fancy... also, which irons more consistent for u?
good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:14 pm

I hit both pretty decently.

The feel for Fusions is a bit muted to me, imo
Ultimately, both give me the same distance, with the fusions a bit higher trajectory.

I'm leaning towards the Diablo Edge, but just wanted to check if anyone had opinions for me.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:59 pm

i will not choose any of the above...not a fan of callaway

for a forgiving set there are so many brands to choose from
Back to top Go down
keithngzx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:09 pm

last time was given a fusion 7 iron, still preferred my old taylormade rac cgb. there is a "sound" when the sweet spot is hit providing good instant feedback
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:19 am

So what recommendations do you guys have?

I wanted to avoid callaway due to the price, but can't seem to find equally good sets
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:52 pm

You might want to read up on the reviews on the web to get a better idea as well. Might help you make more informed decision.

Here's a link to a review of the Diablo irons on the Hacker's Paradise to help you get started.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=7735

I myelf have played Callaway irons before, the X14s. Good forgiving set that launches high with a soft flex shaft as stock. You don't get feedback on where you hit the ball on the face, it all feels the same, but Callaway is known to make forgiving irons for the masses. So it's a pretty safe bet.

In the end, what are you looking for in the set of irons? To get a better player's iron and work hard to improve on your swing, or you just want a set that helps you play and enjoy the game everytime you hit the course. In which case playability is your deciding factor rather than feel and being able to shape the ball with your irons.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:55 pm

By the way, Pan West has a carnival on this weekend at Jurong Country Club. Good time to try as much as you want and speak to the reps on the pros and cons of each club.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Elysium wrote:
So what recommendations do you guys have?

I wanted to avoid callaway due to the price, but can't seem to find equally good sets

Hi there,

You may wish to try Cobra S2 for forgiveness. Now that S2 Max is out, S2 prices should be down.
Good luck in your hunt!
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:46 pm

how much for that 2 sets of irons?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm

bro weesern, just pm you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge   Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway Fusion Wide Sole vs. Diablo Edge
Page 1 of 1