Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo

Go down 
+5
ironfist
Gimson
WiLL
Ssquirrel
jurongtiger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo Empty
PostSubject: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:39 pm

ANyone tried the irons?

I tried the woods and driver at the demo here last week.

Aside from the fancy watermarked logos and cool colors, fwah The driver looks nice and sleek at address (not for those who prefer the tradition head) and it impacts with a nice conventional "thud".

Very different feel to the FTi's and Callaway hyperX's I tried during the same time.

I tried the neutral non biased, 9.5* R-flex one. Standard shaft Aldila DVS

2009 Golf Digest gold recommendation I recalled.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:56 am

Don't think the Diablo irons are available here in Singapore; but they look very much like the Legacy irons.

I demo'd the driver; quite good; only thing even the "neutral" looks slightly closed.
Back to top Go down
WiLL
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi...

paisay to dig this relatively old topic out...

Looking for drivers, considering Diablo or FT-IQ cos currently PW has this +$1 for FW offer.. Anyone here uses mentioned drivers? can give a mini review?

am a beginner, just got my PC a couple of mths ago...

Currently using Monster XLS 10.5*.. hit pretty well, tend to slice at times but a bit cannot tahan the sound of this monster.. Since my friend wana buy it frm me so though of giving other driver a try..
Back to top Go down
Gimson
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Gimson

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 pm

WiLL wrote:
Hi...

paisay to dig this relatively old topic out...

Looking for drivers, considering Diablo or FT-IQ cos currently PW has this +$1 for FW offer.. Anyone here uses mentioned drivers? can give a mini review?

am a beginner, just got my PC a couple of mths ago...

Currently using Monster XLS 10.5*.. hit pretty well, tend to slice at times but a bit cannot tahan the sound of this monster.. Since my friend wana buy it frm me so though of giving other driver a try..

Hey will, go test the driver urself at CDANS bukit batok range. There's a pan west there, can look for Daniel or another older malay uncle which is the store manager. Both will give u pretty good advise on Callaway products and they are friendly and knowlegable too. You will be given some balls to test on the range as well
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:29 am

the diablo is closed at address so that might help you with the slice.. i'm thinking of getting a draw biased driver as well as i have to have a very strong grip so as not to slice my r7 limited. any idea if the PW at sembawang allows demos too?
Back to top Go down
Slicer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 am

Hi Guys, I am playing with the Diablo driver, if you want to try it out, we can arrange to meet at the range. I am usually at NSRCC or executive range at night.
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 am

need a forgiving driver, what the current best price for this beauty?
Back to top Go down
WaterWoo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:31 am

ironfist wrote:
the diablo is closed at address so that might help you with the slice.. i'm thinking of getting a draw biased driver as well as i have to have a very strong grip so as not to slice my r7 limited. any idea if the PW at sembawang allows demos too?
hi bro, PW @ sembawang do hv demo and I tried it there last month
Back to top Go down
WiLL
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:46 am

Hi WW, how's the Diablo driver?
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:46 am

TeD wrote:

Go square mate, high MOI maximum forgiveness on off center hits.

The more common ones are either the Nike Dymo or SQ.

Once you get control of your spray then come back to inverted cones for better workability Smile
Back to top Go down
WaterWoo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 am

WiLL wrote:
Hi WW, how's the Diablo driver?
Hi Will the Diablo that i tried is not bad in term of feel and distance, even the neutral have a closed face so i land my ball on the left most of the time. The only thing that i dislike is the grip, i find it too big for my hand, i am wearing a 23" glove which is quite standard. Maybe it a US spec so the grip is slightly bigger.
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:06 pm

chemicalpro wrote:
TeD wrote:

Go square mate, high MOI maximum forgiveness on off center hits.

The more common ones are either the Nike Dymo or SQ.

Once you get control of your spray then come back to inverted cones for better workability Smile

what's the difference between Dymo and Dymo2?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo   Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway BIg Bertha Diablo
Page 1 of 1