Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what is WRONG with people!!!!

Go down 
+27
thejoy
kumbriya
daveaha
klt8144
kian
yanguei
Noodleball
JetA1
Botak88
YC
golfnut
benedictteo83
dmateo
pushslice
bian1980
add80
Tituman
duffader
TDO
golf_snowman
Technospaz
TheFocalPoint
yuki
LousyGolfer
Itsuki
nrafee
slinger
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

what is WRONG with people!!!! Empty
PostSubject: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:53 am

Heard this over lunch.. i didnt believe it.. i thought it could be a prank video..
seeing this clip, a new report, OMG.. it sent a shiver down my spine...
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:59 am

These people are really sick... How self centred, how low they have became... The mother with a kid that came across the victim and just walked down is setting such a bad example to her child.. Hope the authorities apprehend the 1st driver soon... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 am

My blood is boiling after seeing this...

Really hope the poor child recovers from this...

and may my wayward golf balls go in the direction of those that did not bother to help the poor child
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:13 am

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:02 am

The girl died in hospital
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:49 am

I saw the video yesterday and was sickened.

There's a special place in hell for those people.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 am

sad to see these.....to all those who just walk pass not giving any help... GO TO HELL !!!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 am

The 2 drivers were already arrested. I do believe this is the general attitude of mainland chinese. As long as it's not their immediate problem they will treat it as other people's problem. Real heartless. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:11 am

Well, sad to say that there are also singaporeans that are like this. Although not to this extent but I have witness before that when some motorist met with accident along the road, they just avoid the biker and continue driving.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:29 am

Well I guessed the behavior of the passer bys could be due to a recent case whereby a man stepped up to help an injured old lady and in the end he was charged and fined by the authorities blaming him for the injuries on the lady. The old lady was too old to remember how she got injured. This kind of thing puts off a lot of people. Not to say I condoned such behavior on this little girl incident. Also another part of the law in China is that if you injured somebody, you will be responsible for the injured person for life and plus heavy fine. But for causing death to someone like automobile accident, your penalty is much much cheaper. So when this drivers hit somebody, they usually will "go" back and make sure the victim is dead. If not, they will take another hit to make sure. Thats life in China. Too cheap. Sad
Back to top Go down
add80
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 am

The notorious "Nanjing Peng Yu" incident is fresh in people's minds even after five years. In 2006, in Nanjing City in east China, a young man named Peng Yu who had just gotten off a bus went to aid a 65-year-old woman who was knocked down by a fellow passenger. The woman eventually sued Peng, claiming he was the one who knocked her down.
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:50 am

can use the four letter word?

damn pissed off when see this. wah piang. sigh
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:53 am

those people are devoid of faith and or values. life is here and now...only that matters, only me/myself/I matter. Hence risk of a fine/jail is a bigger matter than helping another person/child.

I am so saddened.

hope they will learn something from this, and the girl's death may be a blessing to the nation, despite how tragic it is to her family now.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:10 am

emotion devoid, indifference and probably driven by the social behaviour of the certain place.

There are places where things are not as what it seems. I know some trick that is notorious and famous for setting up the compassionate normal people. I've seen and experience first hand when trying to help someone who seems to be injured only to learn that it was a ruse/ setup to extort or rob you. Pushslice I think you will know what I meant.

It's probably not indifference but fear that forced these people to turn their eyes away. Yes the society is sick and yes we are seeing things that we don't see 10-20 years ago as a norm. this is the world we live in.

I'm not putting up some excuse for these ppl behaviour (they can at least call the police / ambulance if they don't want to help first hand etc). I'm trying to offer a different point of view of the grim reality on how low some people are these days and the kind of trick they use to take advantage of the normal people compassion and passion.

Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:14 am

pushslice wrote:
those people are devoid of faith and or values. life is here and now...only that matters, only me/myself/I matter. Hence risk of a fine/jail is a bigger matter than helping another person/child.

I am so saddened.

hope they will learn something from this, and the girl's death may be a blessing to the nation, despite how tragic it is to her family now.

bro, i believe this is not the 1st time such things happen and have they learnt ?....

very sad to see this, and girl is only 2 yrs old...come on, what are these people thinking ?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 am

can only hope man...i read that the reactions from chinese netizens are showing as such. at least the younger, more educated generation should learn. Then again, there are a billion folks there...easy come easy go.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 pm

pushslice wrote:
can only hope man...i read that the reactions from chinese netizens are showing as such. at least the younger, more educated generation should learn. Then again, there are a billion folks there...easy come easy go.

personally, i felt the younger generation are even more self centre...with the china's 'only 1 child' policy, which the parent spend all their money, time and effort grooming their only kid....

i have a few personal friends from the country and i can see hugh difference between our mindset comparing their...they only think everything about themself...that is from my personal experience ..
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:31 pm

feel like punching the driver
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Have business counterparts and workers from china. based on them, these are common sights in china. although they expressed anger and displeasure, most of these cases happens in rural areas.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:13 pm

golfnut wrote:
Have business counterparts and workers from china. based on them, these are common sights in china. although they expressed anger and displeasure, most of these cases happens in rural areas.

What goes around, comes around.
Back to top Go down
YC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:23 pm

duffader wrote:
Well, sad to say that there are also singaporeans that are like this. Although not to this extent but I have witness before that when some motorist met with accident along the road, they just avoid the biker and continue driving.

I once stopped to help a fallen motorist when he slipped due to rain. Traffic was slow and 3 cars drove past him before I got near.

Cars driving past could see that the motorist needed help, yet they still blared their horns at me for stopping. The motorist couldn't even stand up....

Why can't people just help? I saw the video when my 5 year old daughter was sleeping on my bed. I pray for the future of our next generation.
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm

4 words 猪狗不如 Evil or Very Mad

Should hang the driver or run him down see how it feel like

Poor baby Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Made it to CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/17/world/asia/china-toddler-hit-and-run/index.html
Back to top Go down
JetA1
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
JetA1

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 am

And im sure if 10rmb is to lay on the roadside, ppl will rush to 'save ' it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is WRONG with people!!!!   what is WRONG with people!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is WRONG with people!!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next