Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New style of scoring for high handicappers :)

Go down 
+5
bian1980
DimWit Kid
golf_snowman
blee67
Technospaz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

New style of scoring for high handicappers :) Empty
PostSubject: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 pm

I've decided that golf is a game which has damaged my morale long enough. It's time I, being a super-high handicapper, take matters into my own hands Smile

From today onwards, I will classify all bogeys as pars and all pars as birdies.

It's time I felt better about a game I've invested time and resources in.

So, who's with me? Wink
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:15 pm

TS, that means your are a 18 hcp. So nett score for bogey is par and nett score for par is birdie. Smile

Which means we play level next game! cheers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:22 pm

But that's only true if you're also playing by those rules which makes you a low single handicapper.

Therefore, not only do you maintain your 7-7 with me, it also means that you're in the big leagues Smile
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Ha ha. That's true but I m now playing in the SS league pig
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:52 pm

SS league... hmmm...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 pm

I like the new style...will adopted it...haha !!
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm

I like it... In fact i propose also to exchange the placings of red and blue tee. Solve my beer problem.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:13 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
I like it... In fact i propose also to exchange the placings of red and blue tee. Solve my beer problem.

LOL!! Sheer genius! Smile
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:36 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:

And you play off red? Cannot clear blue then buy beer again ROFL
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:45 pm

blee2007 wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

just buy beer. Solve problem
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 pm

bian1980 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

You mean before first tee off? Yeah it works in Starhill... everybody slice right...
ROFL ROFL Laughing
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:08 am

DimWit Kid wrote:
bian1980 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

You mean before first tee off? Yeah it works in Starhill... everybody slice right...
ROFL ROFL Laughing

DWK, i think you shd set up a mini bar counter in your buggy. hahahaha....i shall have the honour on monday to be your cust...LOL
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Why not reclassify all Pars as hole-in-ones and Birdies as Eagles?

If you'd wanna do it, just bring it all the way.... REWRITE THE RULES OF GOLF! Bwahahahahaa~
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Newtogolf wrote:
Why not reclassify all Pars as hole-in-ones and Birdies as Eagles?

If you'd wanna do it, just bring it all the way.... REWRITE THE RULES OF GOLF! Bwahahahahaa~

Please, I want to reduce the pain, not go on a hallucinogenic roadtrip Razz
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:50 pm

TS, so we implement this rule for the patriot game?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
TS, so we implement this rule for the patriot game?? Very Happy

Done Smile
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:27 am

I read somewhere that whatever helps confidence will help game of golf. So, I think this method will work to reduce your actual score.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:56 am

sandkie wrote:
I read somewhere that whatever helps confidence will help game of golf. So, I think this method will work to reduce your actual score.

Yes, as a side rule, I also have the option of pretending that a bad shot never took place. Rather, I hit a brilliant shot but due to a freak of nature (e.g. a super strong gust of wind or a poor bird which flew in the way of my ball), the ball ended up far to the right (on the next fairway).
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:00 am

Technospaz wrote:
sandkie wrote:

Yes, as a side rule, I also have the option of pretending that a bad shot never took place. Rather, I hit a brilliant shot but due to a freak of nature (e.g. a super strong gust of wind or a poor bird which flew in the way of my ball), the ball ended up far to the right (on the next fairway).

That means you can record on your score card that you score a birdie? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 am

blee2007 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
sandkie wrote:

That means you can record on your score card that you score a birdie? Very Happy

If I played a typical "par" Razz
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 am

Technically, I will give you birdie if you hit the bird.. drunken
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 am

Precisely why we have handicaps, playing to your handicap means depending on the slope rating, index rating of each hole, I just try to play to my handicap on those holes. A tough indexed hole, a score of bogey would be a great score for me. A good day of golf is one which I felt I have make wise and smart decisions on the golf course, making the smart plays and playing percentage golf and walking away without blowing the holes with many bad strokes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:27 am

eiji wrote:
Precisely why we have handicaps, playing to your handicap means depending on the slope rating, index rating of each hole, I just try to play to my handicap on those holes. A tough indexed hole, a score of bogey would be a great score for me. A good day of golf is one which I felt I have make wise and smart decisions on the golf course, making the smart plays and playing percentage golf and walking away without blowing the holes with many bad strokes.

Oh gawd, you are such a killjoy.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 am

no i am just brutally honest about my lack of talent. no need to cheat myself about my ability...play bad golf so be it, just thankful i can still get a game of golf.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:34 am

Technospaz wrote:
eiji wrote:

Oh gawd, you are such a killjoy.

haha....bro, maybe we can have a game using the new scoring style....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New style of scoring for high handicappers :)   New style of scoring for high handicappers :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New style of scoring for high handicappers :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next