Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? Empty
PostSubject: has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?   has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:26 am

Intend to play there but no valid HC.. I understand need to take this test which will be valid for 1 month if I pass.

May I know what is the requirements, how long will it take and who will be overseeing this test?

Thanks/
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?   has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 am

The below is taken from the Web Site of OCC.

Orchid Country Club members may obtain their Handicap or PC right here at the Club.

A Handicap Certificate will enable you to play at all golf courses.
Pre-requisites to qualify for a Handicap Test are:-
Golfing members of Orchid Country Club (Individual/Corporate).
Have attended the Golf Workshop.
Have submitted a minimum of ten 9-hole scorecards or five 18-hole scorecards for handicap computation showing a maximum handicap of 27 for men & 36 for ladies.
Home Club must be OCC. (Corporate Union)
To pass the Handicap Test, candidates must:-
Be able to score 52 or less (for men) & 58 or less (for ladies) for the 9-hole test.
Have the ability to pitch, chip & putt.
Have sufficient knowledge of Golf Rules & display proper Golf Etiquette.

The golf Proficiency Certificate enables you to play at Orchid Country Club on weekdays and in the evening of weekends/public holidays.
A Golf Workshop will be held to acquaint you with the requirements for the PC Test and thereafter, the Handicap Test. It is also to provide you with the basic knowledge of Golf Rules and Golf Etiquette. Through the workshop, you will be better equipped for the tests. The tests are usually scheduled on the second Saturday of alternate month. To find out about the upcoming class schedules, please check with the Golfing Department at 6750 2111.

After attending the Golf Workshop, you will have to pass a written theory test. The PC test is conducted on weekdays at the Driving range at 10am and 4pm daily. Those interested are advised to book a test date early by calling Golf Registration at 6750 2111 or register online below. Please refer to the table below for pricing on Golf Workshop and PC.

To pass the PC Test, candidates must:-
be able to hit the ball reasonably well and get it airborne using different clubs for distances of 30m, 50m, 100m, and 150m. For each distance, three out of five balls must be airborne.
Have sufficient knowledge of Golf Rules & display proper Golf Etiquette.
Register for Handicap/PC Test

With effect from 1 September 2009, members will enjoy greater convenience golfing at Orchid Country Club (OCC) and Marina Bay Golf Course (MBGC)! Proficiency Certification from Star Golf Academy at MBGC will now be recognized by OCC and vice-versa.

Effective from the same date, the following Golf Workshop and Proficiency Certification rates* will apply:-

Membership Type
Golf Workshop
Proficiency Certification

Golfing Gold
$10
$10

Golfing Silver
$10
$10

Corporate Golfing Gold
$10
$10

Corporate Golfing Union
$20
$40

Social
$15
$30
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?   has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:33 pm

that's about the PC/Handicap test leh..

certification to play test is another thing.... right?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?   has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:43 pm

It's a temp pc I think. I may be wrong but seems like a mbgc swing test style test
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?   has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:54 pm

what do u expect? both manage by NTUC
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?   has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Whats golfing gold and golfing silver? Whats the difference?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?   has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

has anyone taken the certification to play test at OCC before?
Page 1 of 1