Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hitting the Par 3 course!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Hitting the Par 3 course! Empty
PostSubject: Hitting the Par 3 course!   Hitting the Par 3 course! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Went for a golf camp these past few days and finally, had the opportunity to hit a Par 3 course (despite all the evil nagging thoughts that, "You are not ready!")

For the record:
- Broke 1 Wooden Tee
- Lost 9 Balls of my own (5 into the water and 4 dived into the trees)
- Lost NONE of my instructor's balls.
- Shot 62 on a 9-hole Par 3 on my own

The golf camp is pretty instructive considering the fact that I had never learnt to launch the Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids properly (I'd only went for a basic lesson in smacking the Irons earlier and had been smacking Irons since). All it took was 4 hours, a tweak in my usual "sitting" posture to a straighter back, chin up and a more athletic position and I was smacking all my clubs more consistently. Of course, it took many hours of ball hammering as well before I'd managed to hit all the clubs properly.

After the Range Session, my instructor just said, "Ok, you are ready for the Greens anytime. 9-holes or 18. Its all up to you." and I screwed up my courage to hit the Par-3, 9 Hole on my own accord a day before I was supposed to hit the Par-3 with my instructor to get a feel and scored an awfully bad 62.

Its pretty amazing what kind of thoughts run through your mind when you leave the comfort zone of the range and hit the course! But more importantly, as what my instructor had shared with me, "Its not all about technique to whoop your golf buddies ass. Its about the ability to focus, stay confident and concentrate on the moment and let the results take care of itself."

Hope to be able to practice more on the Par-3s and full course more before I leave Thailand so I can have a chance to join up with you guys on games when I get back to Singapore!
Back to top Go down

Hitting the Par 3 course!
Page 1 of 1