Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? Empty
PostSubject: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 pm

I have just switched clubs to the Nike VR Splits. I love the feel of the club but I am having second thoughts with the factory NSPRO shaft.

I was previously using the Nike Ignites, steel shafts.

I realised, and after a good round yesterday, that I am losing at least a club's length with the irons. That is quite disturbing to me given that my previous set, with true temper steel shafts is a club length more. Yes, I know, distance isnt everything.

The chance to prove it on the course came yesterday at a Par 3 130m hole. Usually I would swing with an easy 7. This time, I chose a 6 and I was about 9 feet short. Granted, there was a slight head wind.

What is more perturbing is the fact that the ball flight of the new irons is a lot higher than my previous one.

My swing is essentially unchanged. I am hitting the ball consistently at the sweet spot, not many near toe or heel hits...

The only differences now is that the NSPRO shaft is less stiff than my previous TT one and this one at 95g is at least 15g lighter than the TT?

I like the feel of a lighter shaft really, but why is the ball flight so high?

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 5:02 pm

if your swing no change, but clubs change...

then it might be your clubs.

have you compared both clubs specifications?

but yes, shaft choices do make a difference.

My ball flight got lower when i switched from NSPro 950 to Project X.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:46 am

Want to sell the VR Split Cavity heads?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:41 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
Want to sell the VR Split Cavity heads?

Haha bro... I know you wanted the VR Splits but dun like the Nspro's. Just like I bioing your AP2's for sometime liao...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:22 pm

how about we exchange the heads and shafts too? :p
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
how about we exchange the heads and shafts too? :p

Exchange head I understand. How to exchange shaft leh? I give you my NSpro you give me your PX5.5 ah????
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:28 pm

nope.. u keep ur NS Pro hehe
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:31 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
nope.. u keep ur NS Pro hehe

Hhee... Actually can consider. You give me yoru used AP2 heads I give you my new VR splits. Then i go reshaft PX5.5. EH... like that might as well i take your original head and shaft and you go reshaft my heads. Plus top up from me la, of course.

Commercially, is this a feasible deal for both of us?

Hmmm
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 pm

not sure.. cos i will be using back my KBS

u can ask eric if my PX is still there
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:36 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
not sure.. cos i will be using back my KBS

u can ask eric if my PX is still there

Ah I see, so yoru AP's are reshafted as well.

How much to reshaft all into PX??? 4-PW???
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:37 pm

depends how much eric charge u lor.. my PX shaft traded in with him..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:44 pm

come in and do a swing analysis. if you like lighter shaft but more penetrating flight (lower), try the kbs tour 90. the PX 5.5 may not suit you.

if you want to get an even nicer shaft, maybe you want to consider the steelfiber i95.

however, when you lose total weight, you are most likely to lose distance (most of the time when you switch to a lighter shaft, you end up losing distance)

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:55 pm

DGman wrote:
come in and do a swing analysis. if you like lighter shaft but more penetrating flight (lower), try the kbs tour 90. the PX 5.5 may not suit you.

if you want to get an even nicer shaft, maybe you want to consider the steelfiber i95.

however, when you lose total weight, you are most likely to lose distance (most of the time when you switch to a lighter shaft, you end up losing distance)

DGman

AH DGMAN, you have answered my questions! I indeed lose distance. SO maybe there isnt a nice compromise with light shafts and retained distance... DAMN....

I need your expert help very soon liao... but I got a slight prob....clubs is in UAE, I am in UAE as well hehee... now i wld be reading up more on kbs 90 liao... hmmmm... same flex as 5.5? but <100g?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:35 pm

kbs tour 90 -95g....low flight, not as harsh as the PX but a whole lot more body than the NS Pro 950 on impact. but total weight is still light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:24 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

AH DGMAN, you have answered my questions! I indeed lose distance. SO maybe there isnt a nice compromise with light shafts and retained distance... DAMN....

I need your expert help very soon liao... but I got a slight prob....clubs is in UAE, I am in UAE as well hehee... now i wld be reading up more on kbs 90 liao... hmmmm... same flex as 5.5? but <100g?

Joking abt changing Heads. I only got AP2 now. Will definitely keep it as spare even when i buy the Nike VR Split Cavity
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Just back from range. Hitting even the 4 Iron quite ok. I realise its me who is jerky (trying to hit hard). But when I got a smooth rythm, the ball flight and the feel of the shaft is real nice. Definitely not as hard as PX.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:09 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
Just back from range. Hitting even the 4 Iron quite ok. I realise its me who is jerky (trying to hit hard). But when I got a smooth rythm, the ball flight and the feel of the shaft is real nice. Definitely not as hard as PX.

Bro you talking abt the splits with NSpro 950GH? ball flight same?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:10 pm

i am talking abt the AP2 with KBS Tour shaft
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 pm

I was speaking to a guy at the range and he told me that nippon shafts normally plays softer than other shafts of same printed specs. Meaning the NSPRO 950 S probably plays softer than the DG300?

If thats the case, my NSPro 950 R would prob be even softer!??! I think my balloning shots are here to stay until I refit my shafts.

Maybe NSPro 1050 would be good huh

Damn...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Correct me if I am wrong here shouldn't NSPRO 950S be compared with DG SL 300 instead of the standard DG 300? Concern is the weight is totally different range and may have different feel altogether...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?   NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSPRO950GH - does it really produce that high ball flight?
Page 1 of 1