Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mental and Physical Game

Go down 
+15
jaketang
golfool2009
Lee36328
zhenxua
drawbias
slinger
S70B
G_Man
duffader
mUAr_cHEe
vingay32
DGman
Duval_S
alvin7379
leeweyleon
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
leeweyleon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:15 pm

hydration surely prepared...02 x 1.5litre every 18 holes...
my shots towards the end tend to take more bends so i walk more.

anyone have problems with talking to yourself ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sgcondohunter.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:11 pm

leeweyleon wrote:
anyone have problems with talking to yourself ?

i talk to my ball. pisses some of my mates off... they say not compliant...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

i make a point to talk to my flightmates....

helps with my game....
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:35 pm

u mean mind f What a Face
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:52 pm

MC, i want my revenge ... this time we bet $50/$50/$100 match and stroke, on boh?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm

eh. dun OT. lets go back to our 1-on-1 thread....
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:00 am

Lee,

First of all, congrats on being a dad, and at such a young age too. Well done.

I can identify with the issues you mentioned as I was facing them until recently.

Firstly, let me mention that our local weather is not really conducive to prolonged outdoor physical activities. I chuckled to hear about some american/european pros almost fainting at KLGCC in the last Malaysian Open. Now they know what we face.

Since we can't change the weather, certain measures must be taken.

Lets take a look.

leeweyleon wrote:
Hi Guys,
I find my first 3-4 holes very smooth easy relaxed can play properly usually can par or bogey.

You have mastered your swing, that is good enough for par or bogey golf.

leeweyleon wrote:

At the 4-9 holes: i dont feel tired just somehow my shots keep going hay wire. once in the 10-15 stroke from the 4th hole i get a good shot.

But, your swing may contain elements that require to be timed, such as overuse of the hands in the release. You don't feel tired yet (the big muscles still feel ok) but timing the release becomes tricky as you play on. The hands are controlled by small muscles and they get tried faster though you may not feel it.

leeweyleon wrote:

At the next 9 holes: consistently its double par or double bogey
at 13-15 hole: i keep chunking large patches of grass. At this point i already feel fatigue possible alot of frustration and body very tense.

Here, big muscles are also tired, so hips and thighs can't provide the balance required. So both balance and timed release are out.

When the hips are tired, they slow down and cannot provide the required speed to the swing. Sensing that, the hands take over to replace the lost speed. The entire swing sequence is out.

Also, as you tense, your hands grip the club harder making them release earlier, and you therefore chunk the ground. Monitor how hard you are gripping as you play.

When I started, sometimes even completing the 2nd 9 was a torture. I would go through 2 large bottles of mineral water and 2 small bottles of 100+. Now, I sometimes finish slightly more than 1 large bottle.

When you feel thirsty, it's already too late. I used to forget about drinking, only to drink half a bottle at a go to try to recover. It didn't work. Now, I take a sip of water after every shot and after every hole whether I feel thirsty or not. This keeps the hydration level even throughout.

I ensure I pace my movements so that my breathing remains even and I do not get winded. It's hard to make a delicate swing when the heart is pounding.

I also make sure I bring my large umbrella to the green if there are no trees nearby. I hide under the umbrella when waiting for my turn. Otherwise, I find a shade and hide under one whenever possible. Our weather is just too hot man.

After finishing a round, if I managed my pace really well, I sometimes feel fresh enough to play another 18. Once I even played better in the 2nd round because I learnt from the mistakes of the first round.

Since you have a swing that can shoot par or bogey for the first 3-4 holes, the key obviously is to manage the elements which are preventing you from shooting par/bogey for the remaining 15-16, whether they are swing timing issues and/or hydration/stamina issues.

If there are swing timing issues, seeing a good coach will help (but make sure the coach is a good one; this is vital.)

All the best.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:20 am

leeweyleon wrote:

fitness wise...i think like all dads...only time to have fitness only once a week or whenever golf is involved...hahaha i have been trying to keep up on my 2.4km so overall fitness can still tahan the ball hunting terrains.

Lee, I am an old man with a young and very heavy baby (about 1.5 bags of rice)...i find that carrying her is stressing my back out but i have now used her to exercise at the same time by swinging her up and down...another good exercise is squeezing her fat thighs as this helps strengthen the forearm muscles....another good one is holding her then doing a squat, stand up and throw the baby in the air. Important points to remember while doing this last exercise:
1. Bend your knees to prevent back injury
2. Don't watch TV at the same time otherwise no.3 may occur
3. Don't drop baby
4. If no. 3 occurs, don't let the wife see
5. If the wife doesn't see don't tell her....what she doesn't know, won't hurt her....just the baby.....
6. Remove ceiling fan......

Having one baby only allows me to work on one muscle at a time for certain exercises, therefore, I am thinking of having another one....you may want to consider doing the same....
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:56 am

golfool2009 wrote:
leeweyleon wrote:

fitness wise...i think like all dads...only time to have fitness only once a week or whenever golf is involved...hahaha i have been trying to keep up on my 2.4km so overall fitness can still tahan the ball hunting terrains.

Lee, I am an old man with a young and very heavy baby (about 1.5 bags of rice)...i find that carrying her is stressing my back out but i have now used her to exercise at the same time by swinging her up and down...another good exercise is squeezing her fat thighs as this helps strengthen the forearm muscles....another good one is holding her then doing a squat, stand up and throw the baby in the air. Important points to remember while doing this last exercise:
3. Don't drop baby
5. If the wife doesn't see don't tell her....what she doesn't know, won't hurt her....just the baby.....

Having one baby only allows me to work on one muscle at a time for certain exercises, therefore, I am thinking of having another one....you may want to consider doing the same....

In the famous words of GF.... F Kao!!!! Thi is hilarious!!!
Back to top Go down
leeweyleon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:26 pm

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! good one!

my daughter is 6kg at the moment...so far i have practised my slow pull back and slow follow through when i am trying to put her to sleep...haha..and it is done in the shadows of the night...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:55 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
3. Don't drop baby

*bows* *worship* oh great one.... i am not worthy... *bows*
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:57 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
leeweyleon wrote:

3. Don't drop baby

ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

golfool2009 wrote:

no wonder i managed to win u by skins of my teeth....

me got 2 kids to yours 1.....

me crossing my fingers of u having twins....
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:35 pm

You all seem think my safety concerns about fans are a joke.....since i don't want to hijack this thread more than i already have, i won't share the time i was almost accidentally circumcised when my parents disregarded the basic safety rules by placing a table fan on the floor....let me repeat that....a TABLE fan on the FLOOR!!!!

Please note that I shall not be answering questions on why i was running naked towards a fan or how i was able to fit between the fan grille.........
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 pm

lol...damn Francis...too funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:29 am

ROFL
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:20 am

Hahahaha. Guess the height of the fan was just right for the possible 'cutting' accident.

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:30 am

golfool2009 wrote:
You all seem think my safety concerns about fans are a joke.....since i don't want to hijack this thread more than i already have, i won't share the time i was almost accidentally circumcised when my parents disregarded the basic safety rules by placing a table fan on the floor....let me repeat that....a TABLE fan on the FLOOR!!!!

Please note that I shall not be answering questions on why i was running naked towards a fan or how i was able to fit between the fan grille.........

Dude! More! More!

ROFL Stretcher
Back to top Go down
leeweyleon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:47 am

Okay Pros / Bros,

This is what happened when i played last Friday at Seletar Country club.

First 9 holes blew a couple of holes. but maintain physical and mental state meaning to say i had some bread and water. birdied 1 par 3.
after the first 9 stil lvery energetic to go on

2nd 9 also blew last 4 holes. because last 4 holes somehow shag already.
body just went to swing away or trying to rush the shot.

overall i found its better that its more relax because somehow able to focus more and last slightly longer. compared to the previous way which is just to keep hitting it.

I think the problem now is to try to extend the stamina and try to get the body into this slow and focused/relaxed routine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mental and Physical Game
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2