Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mental and Physical Game

Go down 
+15
jaketang
golfool2009
Lee36328
zhenxua
drawbias
slinger
S70B
G_Man
duffader
mUAr_cHEe
vingay32
DGman
Duval_S
alvin7379
leeweyleon
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
leeweyleon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

The Mental and Physical Game Empty
PostSubject: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Guys,

Just want to find out a few things how we all cope with the 18 holes.
Case subject: katak ayam (166m)
case subject score range:101-120+
Case irons: MP53 DG200,
Case Type: hits very hard.

I find my first 3-4 holes very smooth easy relaxed can play properly usually can par or bogey.
At the 4-9 holes: i dont feel tired just somehow my shots keep going hay wire. once in the 10-15 stroke from the 4th hole i get a good shot.

At the next 9 holes: consistently its double par or double bogey
at 13-15 hole: i keep chunking large patches of grass. At this point i already feel fatigue possible alot of frustration and body very tense.

How to cure? walk slowly? stop talking to myself? go to gym more?

Back to top Go down
http://www.sgcondohunter.com
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:35 am

Just keep thinking that every hole is your first hole lor... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 am

Its game plan ....and the human nature...when things get good...we want it better..and better-er.

I suggest that you read Dr.Nutella (or is it Rotella) book or article ...I think it helps me a bit...

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/mental-game/rotella

Back to top Go down
leeweyleon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 am

okay during the charity game, Derrick was suggesting just go and drink and then your natural swing will appear if you have one.

i have yet to go to the course drunk to try it out but i will definitely do it soon.
i tried once before mandai with 6 pack...i found myself hitting and gripping harder.
just that during the game it was not feeling as obvious. but i knew i was whacking it harder.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 am

leeweyleon,

how old are you? and how is your physical condition?

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
leeweyleon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:23 am

i am a young punk
height: 166
body shape: look like peanut
swing speed: dont know only know that when i use nspro 950 on a syard txv it got abit all over the place cos my down swing abit faster.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:02 am

Hi your issue are likely to be in the following areas:

1. fundamental technique - in the course of the game, you may have forgotten your fundamentals which starts from the grip. most golfers resort to natural instinct of hitting the ball and not swinging the club. the game will fall apart once that occur and that also explain why we tend to get handsy as the game progresses.

2. change in pace - a good golf swing, like a good putting stroke, is a controlled takeaway and a spontaneous release. a bad swing is the opposite. if you can picture yourself during the good holes versus the bad holes you will find out why you are going all over the place.

3. physical fatigue - depending on how tense your body was in the first half of your game, it will affect your physical condition and hence your mental state. you may want to try eating a banana or get some glucose (every 4 or 5 holes) in your digestive system to give you a boost. some people will take a non carbon sweetened drink. Even pros are known to have consume redbull at the 13 or 14 holes so that they can last the last 4 or 5 holes.

last but not least, do you know that you will probably swing the irons 30 to 40 times in the course of a game if you are playing in the 90 range. In a normal session on the range, you will hit that amount of ball in about 10 minutes, so its important to take your time to work out a routine of aiming, setting up and hitting the ball on the range so you do not develop into a uncontrollable robot on the golf course.

hope this helps...DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
vingay32
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
vingay32

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:20 am

bro, you need to be fit to play golf . So need to exercise regularly and build up ur stamina.

Back to top Go down
leeweyleon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am

power pack information..

i found in DGMAN a few points about change in pace and driving range its damn true.

for change in pace...i found that after a long walk to the ball or hunting for the ball i feel quite shag...and the rhythm maybe also gone..

I think in 1 hour i can hit a lot of range balls trying to feel whether it was a good shot and like just keep going non-stop but its actually doing more damage.

fitness wise...i think like all dads...only time to have fitness only once a week or whenever golf is involved...hahaha i have been trying to keep up on my 2.4km so overall fitness can still tahan the ball hunting terrains.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:07 pm

as a 27 year old young dad, it is up to yourself to arrange what time you have for fitness.

it also depends what you do in that once a week. Once a week of solid training/fitness is enough for a round of 18 holes.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
as a 27 year old young dad, it is up to yourself to arrange what time you have for fitness.

it also depends what you do in that once a week. Once a week of solid training/fitness is enough for a round of 18 holes.

Arch Nemesis, we dun perspire like you.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 pm

perspiring has nothing to do with fitness... Arch-nemisis.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:32 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

U sure or not??? I doubt a person who dun perspire can run as fast as one who does...... I thought perpiration is another channel for you to breathe cos the nose and mouth. but whatever it is.... you still sweat more than us.... btw, when our third game???? Had a good game with Gman yesterday. Now he is addicted to sunday golf at kranji.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:37 pm

i want to be at my fighting best to take u on for our third game. right now, i do not think i am at my 100% due to long leave of absence.

Will need time to train up in 3 months, and I should be ready to take you on.
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm

duffader wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

U sure or not??? I doubt a person who dun perspire can run as fast as one who does...... I thought perpiration is another channel for you to breathe cos the nose and mouth. but whatever it is.... you still sweat more than us.... btw, when our third game???? Had a good game with Gman yesterday. Now he is addicted to sunday golf at kranji.

Huh?

Last edited by G_Man on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i want to be at my fighting best to take u on for our third game. right now, i do not think i am at my 100% due to long leave of absence.

Will need time to train up in 3 months, and I should be ready to take you on.

Ok nice...... 3 months it will be.... Sep 20th.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:40 pm

G_Man wrote:
duffader wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Huh?

Occupational Hazard...... i just need to reply MC's post as soon as it appears.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 pm

duffader wrote:

not exactly, but about there lah...

i am moving in this weekend... then will try to resume my weekly games after that... then plus a couple more of lessons, more hard work, more training and more range sessions and i will be ready to take u on...

looking at late sept to early november to take u on...
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:48 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
duffader wrote:

i am moving in this weekend... then will try to resume my weekly games after that... then plus a couple more of lessons, more hard work, more training and more range sessions and i will be ready to take u on...

I thought I was the dili-deli one... this one plan 3 months ahead!
White Flag
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:48 pm

MC, you are locking yourself into a date:
Keep it open: "Sometime before I quit golf..."
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm

G_Man wrote:
MC, you are locking yourself into a date:
Keep it open: "Sometime before I quit golf..."

ROFL
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:06 pm

G... dun think i will quit golf as long as I am able-bodied.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Quote :
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
duffader wrote:

Congrats Bro aka #5 Idol...... the hood will be merrier place with you moving in.....

if you need any help with moving in, give me a shout....

there are no things that are too small a task for me...............only too big
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Wah lau eh, rd 2 in dec, rd 3 in sept-nov.

U think annual games is it?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Back on track

Keep fit for golf, not golf to keep fit.

Hydration and rest before the game is also impt. Although u hit less on the course than the range, u walk more. Nowadays, walking courses are less but if u play buggy on track courses, u still cover quite a bit of distance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mental and Physical Game   The Mental and Physical Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mental and Physical Game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next