Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Traffic Jam to Malaysia

Go down 
+21
simoner
Roystonnn
Technospaz
Turbo
mark9889
golfool2009
nientsu
shorthitter
Hogan
yang
hoppie
Duval_S
hwdq
p3nboy
Jax
puteh83
Khorkar
JGoh
jwmchow
mloy
KL
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Traffic Jam to Malaysia  Empty
PostSubject: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi all,

Anybody has driven in for games early weekend morning during these couple of weekends?

Please share how is the traffic conditions if driving in around 630am and returning Singapore around 3pm?

The reports of few hours jams that the new fingerprinting system is really making me think twice about driving to Malaysia for games ... Zzzz
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:06 pm

KL wrote:
Hi all,

Anybody has driven in for games early weekend morning during these couple of weekends?

Please share how is the traffic conditions if driving in around 630am and returning Singapore around 3pm?

The reports of few hours jams that the new fingerprinting system is really making me think twice about driving to Malaysia for games ... Zzzz

Hi KL, to go in at 6.30am its already too late as the jam would have been formed. Better to cross the causeway either through Woodlands causeway or by Tuas by 5.55am. Coming back would not be a jam. As for the finger printing thingy, once you have been finger printed you don't have to do it again. Thats my take. This is for both Sat & Sun. Play morning games during this period is advisable. Hope that helps. Happy golfing.
Back to top Go down
jwmchow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jwmchow

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 pm

I was at the second link checkpoint around 6:20am this morning, cleared it in about 30min and was at horizon hills around 7:15am. I dont think i would have made the 7:30am t-off if i was 10min later as the que grew pretty dame quickly after 6:30am.....

Headed home around 1:30pm back to second link - much to my surprise only one or two cars on either side going in and leaving... it was like a ghost town.
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 pm

mloy wrote:
KL wrote:
Hi all,

For those golfing in JB / Malaysia often, and have not got the ACS stamps, I would suggest they get it as soon as possible, as it's so easy. The immigration usually just takes a look at the stamp and clears you. That's because all your particulars have already been captured.

For those who are not sure what it is ACS - Automated Clearance System is a one year sticker on your passport and allows free travel, without having to fill up the tedious immigration form.

How to get it?
Takes 15 minutes at 2nd Link or Causeway - Arrival terminal only. It's easier at 2nd Link because of proximity.... As there are not much crowd, it is usually allowed to park after Msian immigration, walk upstairs and process the ACS. At the Causeway, you have to park your car at Johor Sentral (on Arrival after holiday in Msia), walk to arrival immigration, and ask where to make the MACS. More tedious at the Causeway.

Hope this helps....

Hi KL, to go in at 6.30am its already too late as the jam would have been formed. Better to cross the causeway either through Woodlands causeway or by Tuas by 5.55am. Coming back would not be a jam. As for the finger printing thingy, once you have been finger printed you don't have to do it again. Thats my take. This is for both Sat & Sun. Play morning games during this period is advisable. Hope that helps. Happy golfing.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:42 pm

With these type of reports and MY Home Ministry's comments, we are again on for a looong and arduous journey to be loong travel to JB.

---------------------------

'Bottlenecks at checkpoints not caused by biometric system'

It is unfair to blame the biometric
system at the causeway and the Second Link for causing the congestion at
the entry points since early this month. -- PHOTO: THE STAR PUB.

JOHOR BARU - IT IS unfair to blame the biometric system
at the causeway and the Second Link for causing the congestion at the
entry points since early this month.

Home Ministry secretary-general Tan Sri Mahmood Adam said
the congestion only happened at both checkpoints in Johor but not at the
other 67 checkpoints nationwide.

'The problem is due to the high human traffic volume and
movement daily between Johor Baru and Singapore,' he told The Star after
attending a closed-door briefing at the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar
Customs, Immigration Quarantine Complex (CIQ) in Bukit Chagar on
Saturday.

Tan Sri Mahmood said the ministry was looking at ways to
improve the system at the causeway and the Second Link to reduce
congestion and improve the flow of visitors into Malaysia.

He said among other steps that would be taken included
installing extended biometric scanners at the Immigration officer booths
so that those in cars would not have to come out to have their
fingerprints taken as being practised currently.

For investors, Tan Sri Mahmood said the ministry hoped to
issue special passes which would be inserted into their passports
without having to be scanned additionally. -- THE STAR/ANN
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:40 am

What's the price for ACS?
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 am

puteh83 wrote:

Bring Rm30 and 1 passport sized photo with white background.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:26 am

JGoh wrote:
puteh83 wrote:

Bring Rm30 and 1 passport sized photo with white background.

Its called MACS. You also need to makesure you have more than 2 yrs before passport expiry.
Back to top Go down
Jax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 am

1st time when I applied, they check passport; there is a minimum of 4 entries per month before you can apply. 2nd time renewal didn't check becoz passport no more stamp Smile
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:31 am

Jax wrote:
1st time when I applied, they check passport; there is a minimum of 4 entries per month before you can apply. 2nd time renewal didn't check becoz passport no more stamp Smile

The previous requirement of 4 entries per month has been lifted.
Why should they forego the Rm20 million revenue per year, with potentially 600K-1million Singaporeans getting the stamp on their passport? Validity of the stamp is only one year. They just have to create an "artificial traffic jam" of 6-7 years to have the Singaporeans flocking to get the stamp soon.
Btw, with the stamp there is no need to fill up the immigration form.. must ask comm for promoting the MACS for them... Smile
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am

What is the advantage of MACS besides filling up the immigration form? There is no special lane for MACS holder, you still need to Q like anybody else.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 am

Its not just the issue of filling up the form, its that fact that you need to ask for white card in every trip, you will be worried if your passport isnt stamped and the next time is a meeting the officer and explaining why you didnt verify the stamp, paying money to solve the issue. Plus, your passport pages isnt fill up within the 1st year getting it (if you travel every weekend).

Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:04 am

Yep. The other advantage is that the immigration officer will take a look at the stamp (that i have flagged).. and hand it over ALMOST IMMEDIATELY back to you.. With MACS the immigration officer has effectively absolved himself from having to verify your passport details because all information is supposed to have been verified at the point of application.. so very fast.. convenient if you are travelling alone.
Back to top Go down
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 am

Hi, does MACS holder still require finger scaning?
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 am

hwdq wrote:
Hi, does MACS holder still require finger scaning?

1. No more required lah!

2. You did not read my earlier post! Before issued the MACS stamp, you would have been fingerprinted, DNA'd, stripped searched, any drugged hidden in your body, family history investigated etc...

Para 2.. just kidding. Traffic Jam to Malaysia  793680 lol! Traffic Jam to Malaysia  140772
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:54 pm

I read this...and faint !!!

SINGAPORE - Malaysian-bound motorists from Singapore had to endure waiting times that were as long as seven hours after Malaysia's new biometric system, a fingerprint scanning process, went live in June.

But on Sunday relief arrived as the biometric system that required everyone to scan their fingerprints broke down for the large part of the day. It reduced waiting time to between half an hour and an hour, The Straits Times reported.

However Malaysian checkpoint officers told The Straits Times that system would be up again today.

Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:52 pm

still need to pay for Toll right? That means we are giving them 30rm just to get there faster?
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm

hoppie wrote:
still need to pay for Toll right? That means we are giving them 30rm just to get there faster?

what to do?! when xxx is inevitable, you might as well get over it quickly.. lol! Traffic Jam to Malaysia  793680 affraid
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:21 am

This is why travellers needs MACS avoid issues such as the following. You'll never know what the crap that happens when PP isnt stamped. Sad the gals that endured the humiliation.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_679677.html
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 am

Oh Dear!This is still happening?!!The incident only a few days ago!!There must have been at least 3 such cases i read before!!!
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 am

They said their nightmare started when they drove into Johor Baru without getting their passports stamped, through an unmanned immigration lane.

come on! who in the right mind will do that?
Back to top Go down
yang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yang

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:54 pm

its her first time driving in, in a new car ley...
in the past when she goes in JB, she is like those passengers, just sleep in the car 1... hahahaha
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:17 pm

I sympathise with them.. but i would have thought more caution should have been taken! She should not have:a. Drove in with her new car at 1.30am!!! With another lady!b. Go through the check point without stamping her passport!c. Going for supper in JB at 1.30am.. there are loads of food in Spore at 1.30am in Spore. Anyway, it's easy to say in hindsight.What they immigration ppl do to them is unforgiveable.I hope she could seek justice in those area.
Back to top Go down
Hogan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Hogan

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 pm

It seems most problems happen late at night. Once when I returned around 2am, they checked all my clubs. Guess what? They checked only the clubs! So Bros, if you want to golf there, be prepared for a little inconvenience. It might happen to you.
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Hogan wrote:
It seems most problems happen late at night. Once when I returned around 2am, they checked all my clubs. Guess what? They checked only the clubs! So Bros, if you want to golf there, be prepared for a little inconvenience. It might happen to you.

wow! how did you end up playing until 2am?? how many extra holes did you play? lol! Traffic Jam to Malaysia  793680
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Jam to Malaysia    Traffic Jam to Malaysia  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traffic Jam to Malaysia
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next