Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My take on being a good flight mate

Go down 
+18
golf_snowman
asahi
pushslice
mizzy
mloy
Technospaz
Winston
blee67
skybobo
ocp23
S70B
Tituman
Gray
Iluvgolf
jurongtiger
watermyforrest
slinger
Duval_S
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

My take on being a good flight mate Empty
PostSubject: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:01 pm

I am hoping that after these, I get more invite to play....hahahah

#1 The most important of all.....BE ON TIME !!!

#2 Know the etiquette and practised them......the one that kinda get to me is the stepping on my line of putt.....pls understand that I suck at putting...I don need any help to worsen it

#3 If get invited to some glam club.....offer to buy drinks for the host

#4 Shake hand and say thank-you to other flt mate...don leave without doing that...coz we all heard about the Sentosa mishap which took place last year.

there are many more of coz...but tot I stop here.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I am hoping that after these, I get more invite to play....hahahah

#1 The most important of all.....BE ON TIME !!!

#2 Know the etiquette and practised them......the one that kinda get to me is the stepping on my line of putt.....pls understand that I suck at putting...I don need any help to worsen it

#3 If get invited to some glam club.....offer to buy drinks for the host

#4 Shake hand and say thank-you to other flt mate...don leave without doing that...coz we all heard about the Sentosa mishap which took place last year.

there are many more of coz...but tot I stop here.

5) bet bigger n give more strokes....
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:33 pm

slinger wrote:

5) bet bigger n give more strokes....

Sounds more like being a good pig... pig Oink oink pig
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:28 pm

6) Help flight mate see ball at the tee instead of teeing off and cursing under your breath about your duck hook as you proceed to run back to the buggy and sulk...your inability at the tee is not my problem.

7) compliment your flight mate. Give each other a pat. It helps in this tough game...
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 pm

8) Take not more than 1 practice swing before each shot.

9) Keep a lookout for flightmates' balls.

10) Observe golf etiquettes by keeping quiet when flightmates are teeing off.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Yes i agree with helping flight mates see where the ball lands. Not just at tee off but every shot.

Also help flight mates bring clubs if they havent brought their wdges or putter.

Turn off mobile phone.

Dun offer advise. If i wanted, i will go see a coach.

Help flight mates find tees.

Dont stand infront of flight mates before their shot
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 pm

Iluvgolf wrote:

@ No 8. .... I think two 3 times is ok la. Not more than 5 times lor.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Taking a few practice swings is ok.

But not when u take ur time to set up.....for your practice swing then still pose on the follow thru when not hitting the ball.
Back to top Go down
ocp23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 pm

I love this thread. My views are:

- Take initiatives to drive the buggy forward if team mate is playing. I have encountered players who just walk off to his ball and leave the buggy behind for his team mate to walk back to pick up.

- Drive the buggy to pick up team mate or drop team mate at his ball while he goes to his ball.

- Dont waste time talking on the phone while the whole world is waiting. If the call is important, then please offer to skip the hole.

- Dont treat the course as practice range and play multiple balls after a bad shot.

- Rake the bunkers properly.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Tend the flag if you are the 1st one to hole out or u are nearest to the hole
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:44 am

Tituman wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:

@ No 8. .... I think two 3 times is ok la. Not more than 5 times lor.

Bro the problem is if someone takes consistently 5 practice swings before each shot it becomes a range practice already. Not forgetting time taken to do set up and take alignment. Not very fair to flightmates lor. It cannot be every shot also got no confidence must do so many practice swings right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 am

S70B wrote:
Taking a few practice swings is ok.

But not when u take ur time to set up.....for your practice swing then still pose on the follow thru when not hitting the ball.

I have seen one who did the follow through so artificially. You know..... the type who whacked the ball and then artificially follow through and posed like in front of a mirror ???? Sucks big time and felt that he is in the wrong place. Should have brought his life size mirror along with his bag of clubs. lol!

Me ?? I am the *see ball hit ball* type of player. Maybe thats why I am the no. 2 season beginner whose scores always remains in the same range. Laughing

titu
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 am

Bro Tituman

I like your "see ball hit ball" style, see if we can have a chance to golf together. Smile
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:23 am

Iluvgolf wrote:
Bro Tituman

I like your "see ball hit ball" style, see if we can have a chance to golf together. Smile

Bro, Titu plays mainly weekdays. I havdthe opportunity to play a few times with him and I would say that he is one very good flight mate to play a round of golf with. He is alway considerate to his flight mates and helps out whenever he can.

Beer
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 am

Regarding speeding up on play. I have this really pet peeve.

If the player is waiting for the front filght to clear off, the player can check distances, select clubs, practice swing, take a piss, Try to get the caddy's phone number to date her, run naked under the tree for all I care, just make sure to do it all BEFORE THE FRONT FLIGHT CLEARS OFF SO THAT WHEN THEY CLEAR THE FRONT, YOU CAN IMMEDIATLY ADDRESS THE BALL AND TAKE THE SHOT.

Use to play with this guy that will stand there and wait for the flight to clear off and only then prepare for the shot. What is potentialy 4.5 hr game takes almost 6 hours. Really really pek chek and frustrating.......
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 am

Haha... I remember one flight mate I played with (first time ever with this person). I get into the passenger side of the buggy. He then gives me a funny look. I ask him why. He said that I should be the driver because Standard Operating Protocol says that the golfer whose bag is on the left must sit on the left and therefore drive.

In my mind, I was like, "what the flying fingering rat bum?"

All that said, he's now a great buddy. I golf with him a lot and these days, I sit anywhere I want. He can take his SOP and SOP it up his bum Razz

Seasoned Beginners are difficult to deal with Razz
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:04 am

Help flight mates to repair divots and pick up their wedges/putter covers after I have putt out.

Golfers who takes a long time while addressing their ball and then finally hit the ball...my comment to them "For a moment I thought you turned into a statue". tongue
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:12 am

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Haha... I remember one flight mate I played with (first time ever with this person). I get into the passenger side of the buggy. He then gives me a funny look. I ask him why. He said that I should be the driver because Standard Operating Protocol says that the golfer whose bag is on the left must sit on the left and therefore drive.

All that said, he's now a great buddy. I golf with him a lot and these days, I sit anywhere I want. He can take his SOP and SOP it up his bum Razz

hmmm...wonder whos tat? Face Hug
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:18 am

some comments makes me wonder...

fill divot for flight mate
rake bunker for flight mate
carry clubs for flight mate
tend to the pin for flight mate
WTH why not help read putt for flight mate..

that flight mate sounds more like a caddie..

ROFL

but I think it makes sense.. a good flight mate is like a part time caddie who helps you speed up play.. but caddies don't give you swing tips.. that's the difference.. oh and you have to tip them.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:53 am

Technospaz wrote:

did he offer u any strokes......
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:55 am

mloy wrote:
Help flight mates to repair divots and pick up their wedges/putter covers after I have putt out.

i tot u like to spank n squeeze their a$$es ........
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Iluvgolf wrote:
Bro Tituman

Bro, Titu plays mainly weekdays. I havdthe opportunity to play a few times with him and I would say that he is one very good flight mate to play a round of golf with. He is alway considerate to his flight mates and helps out whenever he can.

Beer

oh like that huh?! so no chance to play with Bro Titu liao... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:24 pm

mloy wrote:

Golfers who takes a long time while addressing their ball and then finally hit the ball...my comment to them "For a moment I thought you turned into a statue". tongue

Thank you thank you

I know I always forgot my clubs on the green Laughing
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:32 pm

My take on this is; help to monitor and censure mloy for the good of the flight.
Hahaha
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:41 pm

asahi wrote:
My take on this is; help to monitor and censure mloy for the good of the flight.
Hahaha

actually, its not as distracting as her "kum" her ciggie in front of u....... affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on being a good flight mate   My take on being a good flight mate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My take on being a good flight mate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next