Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?

Go down 
+6
watermyforrest
golf_snowman
duffader
jimmychoo
asahi
Duval_S
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? Empty
PostSubject: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Not that I know how to do shot making on purpose (coz mostly its purely accidental and at the wrong time), but I hear these alot during my golf training which is by watching Golf Channel.

so...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? both go right .......correct (for RH) ?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Hmmmm......cut is what you do and fade is the end result (ball flightpath).
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Cut shot = intended Fade shot
Fade shot = unavoidable Cut shot
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm

jimmychoo wrote:

I always thought it was the opposite of your explanation. Thks for knwoledge JC.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:03 pm

duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

I always thought it was the opposite of your explanation. Thks for knwoledge JC.
Knowledge? No lah..... I anyhow say one Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm

eh....so how??? later next time I play, and Duffy did a 'banana shot Left to right' around an OAK tree...and land on green from 220m......I say ' Nice Fade' or 'Nice Cut' ???
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Duval_S wrote:
eh....so how??? later next time I play, and Duffy did a 'banana shot Left to right' around an OAK tree...and land on green from 220m......I say ' Nice Fade' or 'Nice Cut' ???

how about 'Nice Banana'....keke
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Duval_S wrote:

Say: K N N like that also can "on"!!!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:19 pm

@snowman, did not know you into bananas also.
Razz

@wmf, that is skill lor.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:39 pm

asahi wrote:
@snowman, did not know you into bananas also.
Razz

@wmf, that is skill lor.

haha...Banana is still one of my fav fruits...i also observe many golfer like to bring banana to course as a form of energy supplement !!...haha !!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Usually we don't shout such a long sentence, it's usually "What the F#@K!!!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:03 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Usually we don't shout such a long sentence, it's usually "What the F#@K!!!" Laughing

Beer
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:15 pm

'Good miss!' that's what my partners always say...
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:08 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Right to the point. I like. lol!
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:53 pm

I don't know the difference but golf TV commentators usually say "nice little cut shots" for shots where players deliberately hit a shorter distance. Or they will say "power fade" for drives. I seldom hear "power cuts".

For me, I only use cut shots when playing ping pong.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 pm

mloy wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Right to the point. I like. lol!

I prefer to hit a "top" shot below the trees, let it roll and bounce and when it on the green, I will turn and say, u jialat Liao, I am lucky today. The effect on the opponent will be better. Smile
Back to top Go down
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:05 pm

u mean a punch shot?
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 pm

drizz0 wrote:
u mean a punch shot?

No, drizz0. What Duffy mentioned is really a "TOP" shot and he is very famous for this kind of shot especially with his FW Razz
Back to top Go down
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

ohh ..... heheh sorry
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Haha, yah mah,bt 22om abit far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?   newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newbie question...what is the diff between Fade and Cut?
Page 1 of 1