Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

910 Driver Launch

Go down 
+18
andrew-golf
H-bomb
Philip Chin
TITW
duffader
TObe
solarpop
marlin74
xlr871
asahi
Technospaz
mowen
ChrisD
weesern
joshcct
CoRN
zhenxua
Titleist
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

910 Driver Launch - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 pm

TObe wrote:
Hi Titleist,

Wishing all a happy new year.

I’m planning to get a 910D3 and based on the SEA Custom shaft PDF provided by you previously, I think the RIP shaft sounds good for me. However, there’s one thing I did not fully comprehend. I noticed that a ‘1” tipped RIP shaft’ plays stiffer (with lower launch and spin) versus the normal RIP shaft. Thus, I’m quite interested in this possibility for my own configuration since I suffer from a high launch problem.

I’m no expert in the shafting area but my impression is that ‘tipping’ the shaft of a 910D3 that I buy from a distributor will actually cause the shaft to be shortened by the amount tipped. So the question is: how do I get a ‘1” tipped RIP shaft’ for a 910D3 driver that I’m gonna buy? Must I do a custom order for this? Can a distributor order this for me and does this entail any upcharge? Or did I have a misconception on this? Pls enlighten. Thanks!

Hi Tobe,

Happy New Year to you as well

If you buy the club off the shelf and tip it (aftermarket) you are correct that the club will overall be shorter. Through a custom order when we build a club that is requested to be tipped we cut the butt end longer so that the club is the desired length. All shafts are longer at production when they are made, we call this the raw length. For example driver shafts can be 47-48" long but they are then cut to the desired length before being assembled to the club.

If you wanted a tipped RIP we would suggest going a custom order, it wont take that long at all for this shaft, about 2 weeks. There is no upcharge on the RIP shaft 60

We hope that helps,

Titleist South East Asia
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:16 am

Many thanks for the reply! So I can do this custom order (tipped RIP) from any of the authorised dealers e.g. MST, Golf House etc?
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:39 am

Dstruc wrote:
Hi
saw the shaft option brochure at Vinc Golf today.
Will like to know what's the difference between standard and exotic stated.
Eg. Is the original shaft from Matrix considered exotic while Titleist matrix shaft = standard?
Please advise. Thanks!

Hi Dstruc,

The latest matrix is available at the link below. The Titleist matrix is no longer in 2011. Made for Titleist proprietary shafts such as the Titleist Matrix typically have different performance specs to the after market versions, weight, flex point, torque, tip performance...etc and the graphic is different. A standard shaft means that we carry it in our custom building facility and the custom order will take about 2 weeks. Exotic means we need to order in the shaft and therefore the order could take upto 6 weeks but is typically shorter.

http://www.titleist.com.sg/images/products/pdfs/sea_CustomShaft-2011.pdf

Please let us know if you have any further questions on this

Happy Golfing

Titleist South East Asia
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:54 am

Edgarkj wrote:
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your previous post on the chracteristics of the various shafts.

On page 2, the document lists Matrix Ozik Xcon as a low launching shaft, however on Matrix's website, the Xcon shafts are listed as high launch.

Any idea what the reason is for this?

Cheers.

E

Hi EdgarJK,

All the shafts in our custom matrix are tested and evaluated under the same conditions with the same equipment. We then plot all the results as shown from highest to lowest in both launch and spin. This is really comparing all the shafts against each other.

Where there is often an issue with any type of measurement and comparison is what is "standard"? or in this case was is the definition of high? What Ozik deems as high is through their measurement means but when we measure there are other shafts that launch higher then Ozik and so we define the launch of the Xcon differently and not as high.

No doubt this is somewhat confusing but hopefully we have shed a bit of light on this for you.

Thanks

Titleist, South East Asia
Back to top Go down
krisnasidarta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:22 am

hi Titleist,

im about to buy 910 d3 8.5 degrees. my ss around 93-99 mph.. what shaft would you recommend for me? i prefer to have a mid launch, because basically i hit the ball high and my average distance is around 220-240 yards.

can i increase my distance using a fitted shaft?

please advice, thanks
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:54 am

krisnasidarta wrote:
hi Titleist,

im about to buy 910 d3 8.5 degrees. my ss around 93-99 mph.. what shaft would you recommend for me? i prefer to have a mid launch, because basically i hit the ball high and my average distance is around 220-240 yards.

can i increase my distance using a fitted shaft?

please advice, thanks

krisnasidarta, welcome to the Golf Republic.

Why don't you visit a Titleist retailer who can perform the fitting for you. They'll analyze your swing, let you try some of the shafts and advise you on which shaft options are suitable. I think it's tricky otherwise. Besides, wouldn't you want that comfort knowing that you've had the chance to sample the shaft options and also seen for yourself what works and what doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi krisnasidarta, thanks for the question.

And thank you Technospaz for your reply, you are correct.

The best thing to do is to go and have the club fit. When you're looking at purchasing the 910, you will need to decide on the head (D2 or D3), the shaft and the setting you are in (amongst other things). Using the unique Sure Fit System, you could be 1 of 16 different loft and lie combination's. The best way to decide on the best setting for you would be to go through a full driver fitting. And we would advise this to anyone looking to make a golf club purchase.

A list of fitting locations in Singapore can be found here:

http://www.fittingworks.com/FindAFitter.aspx?search=intl_fitter&tab=5&Selected_Country=SG&region=Singapore&submit.x=10&submit.y=7

Do let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks,

Titleist South East Asia
Back to top Go down
cenbale
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Swing Titleist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 910 Driver Launch   910 Driver Launch - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

910 Driver Launch
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3