Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver

Go down 
+15
pocketace
andrew-golf
haragolfer
Turbo
kyleyann
abadan
Golfish
rsenal
Gymrat76
flashpacker
dreamer
Begbie
chien
aze06
chrislzh
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chrislzh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver Empty
PostSubject: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi. I am considering to get either the the Ryoma driver or the Romaro Driver.

Any recommendation bros?
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 3:41 pm

It is very personal.  Can't say till you tried both yourself.  I'd tried both and this is my personal comments on them. 
Furthermore, there's the variable of shafts.  
The Ryoma D1Maxima stock shaft is 46" long.  Depends whether you can handle such a long gone shaft. But if you can,  you will be rewarded with very long drives... 
I'm using the Romaro LX455 on Bassara shaft.  Very consistent for me.  Not as long as the Ryoma but I like it better.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Chris

It's like asking which car to buy, BMW or Merc, Toyota or honda etcetc...

But just sharing.... You need a good swing to handle the Ryoma.. No point hoping for long drives but never on your own fw... Haaaa

My personal fav is still the Ryoma D1.. And you need to match the driver with a good shaft too....
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:48 pm

chien wrote:
Chris

It's like asking which car to buy, BMW or Merc, Toyota or honda etcetc...

But just sharing.... You need a good swing to handle the Ryoma.. No point hoping for long drives but never on your own fw... Haaaa

My personal fav is still the Ryoma D1.. And you need to match the driver with a good shaft too
Agreed Smile
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Tried both. 
Prefer Ryoma D1 to the Ryoma Maxima.
Also prefer the ryoma over RomAro. 
Like the feel better. 
But you should try both then decided.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Ryoma maxima.
Ryoma is generally a little longer than Romaro.

You need a good stable shaft for it.
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:19 pm

So you guys saying that the stock shaft with the Maxima D1 D or V spec is not good? Thinking of picking up one since I'm in Tokyo
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Gymrat76 wrote:
So you guys saying that the stock shaft with the Maxima D1 D or V spec is not good? Thinking of picking up one since I'm in Tokyo

You should just get one since you are there... !

If you don't like the shaft u can always order an after market shaft later at rakuten etc site....

Btw.... Any chance u can help me pick up something while in tokyo ? 
Laughing
Back to top Go down
chrislzh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks bros. Anywhere I can try Ryoma and Romaro?

I don't know which Ryoma should I get. D1 or maxima. I heard Maxima is more forgiving and easier to launch.

Is Ryoma cheaper in Japan? Do they sell just the head?
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Prices not necessarily cheaper in Japan unless you come across some superb condition used ones. Prices will vary from shop to shop. Best to browse around when you are there. They don't usually sell the head only. 
Golf Partners at FESC could be a place to pick up some used ryoma. Seen some there at reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 pm

chrislzh wrote:
Thanks bros. Anywhere I can try Ryoma and Romaro?

I don't know which Ryoma should I get. D1 or maxima. I heard Maxima is more forgiving and easier to launch.

Is Ryoma cheaper in Japan? Do they sell just the head?

Check out golf partners in Japan
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 8:54 am

For the past month, I have tried Ryoma D-1 (stock shaft) vs Romaro HX460 black (upgraded shaft).

Personally, I prefer the Romaro. Very solid driver. 

Ryoma is a tad forgiving. Both Romaro and Ryoma have good distances.

I suppose the shafts will be a factor in deciding.

It would be a toss between the two but after testing both out, I would edge towards the Romaro.
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:03 am

Go check out the latest romaro alpha driver. Matched with the right shaft, few can beat this monster in terms of consistency, forgiveness, launch and the big D (distance). Feel different but equally good. Personally I am playing ryoma d1 maxima type d and yes romaro alpha is better imo (emphasize matched with the right shaft).
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 2:59 pm

I recently got a D1 V-spec with Crazy Black CB-50 7.7 shaft. I must say. Ryoma really lives up to its reputation. The head/shaft combo produces very low spinning shots with a mid/low trajectory and i get tremendous amount of roll. I've only gamed it twice so far and still getting used to it. 

Ryoma guarantees 15 yards increase in distance. i'm definitely seeing that compared to my yamaha driver. It is also pretty forgiving. 

IMHO.. if you get a good head/shaft match up... any driver would work.

Saw someone posted a D1 for sale here recently. Think somewhere around $500 with stock S+ shaft.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:21 pm

I have a D1 with stock regular shaft, if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Gamed a Ryoma D1 V-Specs before. You need a good swing to use it well as it's not so well performing on off-centre hits. But when you connect, it does go a lot longer. Those longer drives are few and far between for me though, so I decided against keeping it in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:16 am

In my opinion, the Distance achieved-to-price ratio is too low compared to say Callaway or a Titleist driver to justify such an investment ... I am better off using an US branded driver ... Very Happy

Perhaps I am not in the league to use JDM clubs ... Because no one in here mention about price except me ... I guess money is no object for ppl in this thread ...  Embarassed

Last edited by Turbo on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 am

Price is very important.  And value is such an intangible personal thing. Life is too short, enjoy your driver and the drives it gives you.  My epiphany about the driver is shaft pairing with the loft makes the most dramatic change to results. Colour ( gold or black), sound , brand and made in china or not , affects my sensory enjoyment more than the results.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 am

I do feel the same way as Turbo sometimes. 

I will measure the extra few meters (if any) i can get off a new expensive JDM driver and think " is it worth it?"

But in reality, if the driver does give more consistency in fairway hits or gain that few meters tat will improve my 2nd shots. I think that will be worth it

Then again, it doesn't always work out

haha
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 9:57 am

haragolfer wrote:
Price is very important.  And value is such an intangible personal thing. Life is too short, enjoy your driver and the drives it gives you.  My epiphany about the driver is shaft pairing with the loft makes the most dramatic change to results. Colour ( gold or black), sound , brand and made in china or not , affects my sensory enjoyment more than the results.
Such profound words... So early in the morning
Back to top Go down
milos9680
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:11 am

haragolfer wrote:
 true!
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

Pocketace knows I like them made in china. Drivers I mean.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 am

Some play for face,
Some play for score.
That's the way we play in golf.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:09 am

USDM vs JDM: To each their own on how to spend ones money.

Romaro vs Ryoma : Romaro in many categories including price.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:43 pm

A good driver - no matter Jdm or Usdm - as long as it gives you the right direction and distance is good enough.

Added yardage is only a small factor for consideration.
Dispersion, forgiveness are somewhat difficult to measure the value for $$$.
Maybe the fairways hit can be a proxy.
I go with Jdm because of material (giving feel) and technology.
And Ryoma for me anytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver   Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which to get' Ryoma driver or Romaro driver
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next