Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?

Go down 
+8
hkhamateur
pug
grwilliam
jeffman88
escyb
wbjia
munching222
kissthegreen
12 posters
AuthorMessage
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Helping my good friend who would be dropping by  (from states) and wish to pick up a jdm driver.. He is not keen in the US brands like TM, callaway, or Cleveland, etc.. and wanted to get his hands on jdm ones.. New or used (reg or SR flex) are fine but need to be recent models.. I am quite not a jdm expert and only know some brands like xxio, onoff and Yamaha through browsing stores.. I know it's personal n subjective but will appreciate some feedback so I can suggest to him when he is here next week.. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
munching222
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
munching222

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 6:05 pm

bro, personally i really like the new Akira driver with Rombax shaft. very limited stock, each batch comes in all gone. the indonesians are grabbing them as they come in. i personally tried it n really liked it. its going for around $750 at MST in FESC
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Munching, thanks much. In honesty, except for a recent thread on Akira irons, I have  never heard about this brand.. Googling it doesn't reveal much about it.. Can you share with me what was the part ( feel, distance, etc) that you like about the driver? Cheers.
Back to top Go down
wbjia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wbjia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 8:06 pm

according to mygolfspy ONOFF Red Type D Drivers is very good for player looking for feel and driver speed below 100mph

http://www.mygolfspy.com/top-5-drivers-for-slower-swing-speed-players
Back to top Go down
munching222
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
munching222

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Bro Kissthegreen, i am hopeless in writing any review but i can give you a comparison/comment (all based on my own personal feel on it). Akira flagship driver is the one with a gold colored sole & shaft (supplied by Tour AD) and it costs $1200. These are typically grabbed by Indonesians Wink

The Akira i recently tried has a similar designed head but with a Rombax shaft (orange color) and i believe this model is the more affordable one at $700-800. I was fortunate to try out one taped-up for my regular game at SICC 

I have the following 4 Ping drivers which i use regularly : G15 with Daimana Kaili, G25 with Diamana Kaili, G15 with Attas 5GoGo & Rapture2 with Diamana Kaili. My swing speed is between 95-105 mph. A 21 handicap. Typically on average i get 200m off the tee

Using the Akira with Rombax shaft, i got at least 10m more distance and 90% of my drives were pretty straight...helps in using one iron less club in 2nd shot too. I also asked a friend on the flight to try it out, he has a faster swing & 16 handicap. He probably drove 220m at least. The feel of the Akira is just as good as the G15 and it has a nice sound to it

Thats all i can hope to provide as feedback to your query. Not sure if its of any help Wink. Cheers
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Why not chk out the Room D1 Maxima..saw quite a few at golf simply (fesc). Reviews for it has been very good.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:57 pm

bring ur us fren over to taka or isetan... there are enuf jdm brands there to satisfy him for sure if money is not the problem Razz
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 10:02 pm

I don't use XXIO driver but I am using the XXIO rescue club. Last weekend the XXIO7 golf driver was going for $380. See:

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t27650-takashimaya-golf-sale
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 pm

Thank you for the suggestions, bro..
I will indeed bring him to Taka and check out the jdm section.. Price is indeed a consideration.  Cool 

Munching, thanks.. Maybe I will bring him to mst golf and tempt him.. Not sure he is willing to spend the money but never knows..

Escyb, I was at golf simply last sat. Indeed saw a few romaro drivers. Spotted one with tour ad gt and was quoted 890..  Rolling Eyes  Steeeep..
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 1:35 am

kissthegreen wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions, bro..
I will indeed bring him to Taka and check out the jdm section.. Price is indeed a consideration.  Cool 

Munching, thanks.. Maybe I will bring him to mst golf and tempt him.. Not sure he is willing to spend the money but never knows..

Escyb, I was at golf simply last sat. Indeed saw a few romaro drivers. Spotted one with tour ad gt and was quoted 890..  Rolling Eyes  Steeeep..
Oops realised tat auto correct changed my spelling.. Was trying to type Ryoma D1 Maxima. JDM clubs not cheap..all comes at a premium... I was flabbergasted when i first saw the price of a Gloire Reserve at $1400 in Tokyo last yr... cheers
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:13 am

Not sure what is your friend's budget or handicap, and what he is looking out for: Distance, accuracy, feel, etc??? E.g, low handicappers may not like the closed face of the XXIO drivers. Those who go for feel may not like the soft and slightly muted Epon heads.

You can also bring him to MBGC. MST probably has some demo clubs for him to try at the range. There is also a shop at level 2 that can do custom fitting as well. Think they sell JDM stuffs but not sure. Call to check.

I love OnOff clubs and think that they are under-rated. MST sells the standard off-the-shelf products. You can get better stuff in Japan with their Labospec/Roddio shafts and custom fitting. 

If you want to turn heads, the club below is one of a kind:

Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? LPDR_iP5_Wallpaper
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:41 am

pug wrote:
Not sure what is your friend's budget or handicap, and what he is looking out for: Distance, accuracy, feel, etc??? E.g, low handicappers may not like the closed face of the XXIO drivers. Those who go for feel may not like the soft and slightly muted Epon heads.

You can also bring him to MBGC. MST probably has some demo clubs for him to try at the range. There is also a shop at level 2 that can do custom fitting as well. Think they sell JDM stuffs but not sure. Call to check.

I love OnOff clubs and think that they are under-rated. MST sells the standard off-the-shelf products. You can get better stuff in Japan with their Labospec/Roddio shafts and custom fitting. 

Wow... @ 
This s nice!
Didnt expect Callie hve premium department just like Toyota & Lexus! I love you
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Pug, that is a really nice driver! It's been probably 2 years since I last played with him but we are similar in many ways - recreational players, driver  swing speed perhaps abt 92- 93 (so swinger not hitter).. I pre empted him about the JDM models(minus the price) you guys mentioned.. He is pretty stoked up.. Haha..
Back to top Go down
Cobin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Cobin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:37 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
pug wrote:

Wow... @ 
This s nice!
Didnt expect Callie hve premium department just like Toyota & Lexus! I love you

Mr Hong, got to always expect the unexpected!!!

BTW Kissthegreen, I do have a brand new Romaro Type R Head only for sale. Just brought back from Japan and not sure to use it or not. If your friend is keen. Do drop me a PM

http://www.golftoimpress.com/romaro-type-r-driver-in-the-bag/
review as above
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Sorry, I had to say this. My driver sometimes on, sometimes off. I guess that doesn't count, does it? Smile

(It's Monday... live and let live)
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Sorry, I had to say this. My driver sometimes on, sometimes off. I guess that doesn't count, does it? Smile

(It's Monday... live and let live)
LOl.. Red card you brother..
It's ok.. Mine only do left and right, seldom on or off..
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Check out sigma golf. They have a good range of high end JDM products. George Spirits being one of them. Seriously cool looking stuff, with prices to match Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:35 am

Simply golf and transview too. Don't forget them.
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Keep an eye out for TRPX too...it's a new brand from Japan but extremely high quality shafts n driver head.

http://www.golftoimpress.com/introducing-trpx-xxx-triple-x-high-modulus-meets-premium-woods/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?   Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone using xxio or onoff driver, or other jdm driver?
Page 1 of 1