Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZEN Putters

Go down 
+41
grooveballer
Denmeister
golf_nut
andrew-golf
Gray
chinchiachun
Agumon
mengteck71
tronos
golf_snowman
samT
Casey KC
drawbias
kian
markdylan
ron81
S70B
markteo
drizz0
Ronin
alvin7379
duffader
lovemiki
Duval_S
watermyforrest
Zig Zag
mUAr_cHEe
daveaha
TigaWood
nientsu
shamusan
ironstarz
slinger
pushslice
ghoonk
asahi
zhenxua
Kopi Towkay
DGman
eiji
Technospaz
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

ZEN Putters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:51 am

i once asked Eric what technology there is in a putter. I can understand the technology in driver, woods, hybrids and irons, but putter? it's all abt feel, practice and skills. the zen putter is a gd training putter. once well fitted, u get a gd feel, & u feel confident in your putts - tt's key in golf! confidence.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 am

No technology in Zen? eh. u better take that back, dude. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:55 am

RDE technology present in ZEN putters.
Back to top Go down
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:00 am

as i said, i'm a new golfer and not much serious knowledge about equipment. that there's no technology in putter did not come from me..... once you've identified your lie, you have a good feel for the distance, you should be able to putt blindfolded - I was told by a golf guru!
Back to top Go down
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:00 am

BTW, what is RDE technology?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:14 am

http://www.zenoracle.com/

Hi Casey, it means Reduced Dimple Error.

And yes, technology is not enuf. Need to get properly fitted (lie, loft, length) for improved putting.
Back to top Go down
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 am

very interesting. makes sense too. thanks for the information and link, asahi.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 pm

I worked in a "technology" organisation. It does amaze me sometimes how infrequent my R&D scientists use the word "technology", when I read about emerging technologies from reports (and newspapers) everyday! Strip down something (my favorite is the WiFi or WiMax "technology" because they are current) and see what the underlying technologies really are. Its quite an interesting exercise.

BTW, I am guilty of using the word "technology" very often in the papers I write. It is a job hazard Smile
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:27 pm

haha...i have the same feel too...

personally i'm in the semi-conductor industry and you can imagin how often 'Technology' is being used.....but given the fact that most of the 'technology' here are really 'old technology' as compare to country like Korea, Taiwan and US....

but no matter what, it's still a form of 'Technology'...haha !!!
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Hahaha. Recently I told someone not to use the term "ASIC technology". I told him that ASIC is not a technology. Actually it is a bloody costly exercise to simply produce a product using existing technologies for a specific use. True?
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm

where is my putter with

-advance aerodynamic technology so that the putter will not slow down and verve off due to wind resistance (which causes those pesky short putts and putts that just miss the hole)

-advance metal composition with the most resilient, hardest surface (to prevent dinks and dents) but softest feel.

-latest coating technology, with anti-glare technology, to give a true color definition.

-new rubber hybrid manufacturing to produce the most comfortable grip
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:10 pm

ZEN with RDE is the only putter with a ridge, others are groove. in simple terms, one is emboss rounded lines and the others are debossed grooves.

there are other reasons why the RDE is termed as the most accurate putter face. Academics found out long ago that the ball dimple is the cause of path error. When a putter face strokes through a dimple ball, the contact point can be altered because of the dimples on the ball.

Besides RDE which offers better ball grip on contact, the ZEN putters are milled to a precise measurement for horizontal budge and vertical roll. Hence the ball will generate stay on line and do not lose much variance on off centre hits. If you have a ZEN Putter you can find out what i mean. Draw a straight line on a piece of paper and lined up the putter face along that line. Now you will discover another unique feature that minimises dispersion.

There are other patents on the ZOM or Oracle. The Oracle is both a training device and a putter thats for any level of play under the R&A rules. The Zen-i was born out of necessity to enable eveyone a chance to train with an Oracle while using their own putter.

Last but not least, not many people are aware that ZEN brought Scotty Cameron to task on the introduction of the Cube. The case was settled out of court and a licensing agreement was put in place for Scotty Cameron to pay licensing for production of the Cube.

Acushnet Licenses Zen Oracle's Technology For Its Cameron Cube Golf Training Aid

Whether Technology is to be used here is subject to one's opinion but in a broad stroke and because of my relationship with the founder, owner, designers and the key people behind ZEN, i can only say that they are light years ahead in many aspects.

Those who have had the chance the try the new ZOM and soon-to-be release ZIM will attest that no putters are built or roll like that. Thats just a couple more patents on those two than the ZA series.

DGman

Last edited by DGman on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Boss,

Have to visit u when i back from overseas in May. My putting sucks lol
Back to top Go down
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 pm

from the discussion so far, it seems like the ZEN putter is a die-die-must-try! when i save enough money to buy one, I'll look for Eric.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Eric,

Had always wanted to ask you this - is there a pictorial illustration between a ridge and groove? Probably a cross-section view is fine. I always have problem explaining them to my frens when they see my Zen, YES and RIFE putters. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Sam.....imagine a road divider is a ridge and a drain is a groove.

the illustration will be on the new website..should go live by this weekend.

www.zenoracle.co.uk

DGman
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:45 pm

A Freakin' LAZER to put into your bag. You're missing out if you don't get fitted properly then take a lesson from the "Master" and your rollllllllllll will be sweet, true and ON TARGET. Eric set me up yesterday with a Zen Zac Center Shaft to fit my odd body specs and I could not be more pleased. A center shaft with no offset if not for everyone's liking or would it fit everyone's stroke, but it works for me better than anything I have ever used.

36.5 Inch, Lie adjusted, Mid Size Zen grip and it's "Off to the Races!!

ZEN Putters - Page 4 Zenrde10
ZEN Putters - Page 4 Zenrde11
ZEN Putters - Page 4 Zenrde12
ZEN Putters - Page 4 Zenrde13
ZEN Putters - Page 4 Zenrde14
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 pm

Yup. Witnessed the whole fitting session.

And I can report that KT was as happy as a 16 yr old getting his first taste of the lollipop!

More birdies on the way, KT!

Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 am

DGman wrote:

www.zenoracle.co.uk

DGman
Eric, thanks. I think the illustration will help much in explaining the innovation in RDE, among other innovations.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:44 am

wow, 36.5 inch???

KT, are you like 6ft 6inch+???

sorry, i'm just amazed...

sorry for the OT
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:11 am

ahh KT ....those choco marshmallows did the trick..

welcome to CLUB ZEN....

Shamusan he is a head taller than u... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 am

damn... this guy i wanna meet!!!!

KT congrats on your first Zen... let us know when you get your second, cos you will soon i'm sure!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:13 am

Sham, u never met Kopitowkay before???
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:26 am

Maybe another come out from boon lay one, dunno lastic. albino
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 am

samT wrote:
DGman wrote:

www.zenoracle.co.uk

DGman
Eric, thanks. I think the illustration will help much in explaining the innovation in RDE, among other innovations.

illustration is not according to scale to protect trade interest. hope you can understand. here's what we have been talking about.....

ZEN Putters - Page 4 5578582182_1ab5e75c50_o

ZEN Putters - Page 4 5577997771_670aaf2c23_o

thanks....DGman

Last edited by DGman on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZEN Putters
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next