Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZEN Putters

Go down 
+41
grooveballer
Denmeister
golf_nut
andrew-golf
Gray
chinchiachun
Agumon
mengteck71
tronos
golf_snowman
samT
Casey KC
drawbias
kian
markdylan
ron81
S70B
markteo
drizz0
Ronin
alvin7379
duffader
lovemiki
Duval_S
watermyforrest
Zig Zag
mUAr_cHEe
daveaha
TigaWood
nientsu
shamusan
ironstarz
slinger
pushslice
ghoonk
asahi
zhenxua
Kopi Towkay
DGman
eiji
Technospaz
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

ZEN Putters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:59 pm

chey... i thought your zim for sale...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Boss

I will be down tmr. Pls don say No Stock to me k????
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 pm

nientsu wrote:
Boss

I will be down tmr. Pls don say No Stock to me k????

think u better hurry....

before ah tan go twr.....
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Center shaft Zen Zim is swee.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:40 am

Thanks, DGMan! That's very useful. I'm now looking forward to what else Zen will showcase in the near future Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 am

ironstarz wrote:
Brought my new Zen putter to field to test it, I have nothing but to praise the putter, the roll is pretty awesome. As mentioned before seems to have a remote guiding the ball. Now all I need to do is really learn how to read the green properly.

P.S boss, if the Allen screw at the putter come loose, I can just tighten it right, no neeanti bother abt the torque required?

we have spare allen or wrench.

come by and pick up when you are free.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 pm

pushslice wrote:
DGMan, everybody must start somewhere. Scotty didnt become huge overnite, and the strength of the brand is important for some golfers.

What I can vouch is that buying a zen is not just buying a putter. At least for my case, I got a new putting movement (see, Im already using Nick's lingo). So yes, the Indian is not the same, yet when the new Indian used his old Scotty, the ball rolled less true than with his new Zen. (Disclaimer: Im not saying "Zen roll balls truer than Scotty", I'm saying "I roll the ball truer with Zen than with my Scotty". Results may vary, just like Slimfit buyers may not necessarily get what Gwen Wan has)

Still, despite my numerous efforts to poison, despite showing better and truer rolls than his, despite him trying my zen and seeing the truer roll, WMF is still stubbornly loyal to his Scotty lor Laughing

but DaveAha is close.

Absolutely. Closer than ever.

I shall make my way to the den once I'm back here..... and get some consultation on which one to get Very Happy (plus some tips will be welcomed)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:21 pm

DGman wrote:
ironstarz wrote:
Brought my new Zen putter to field to test it, I have nothing but to praise the putter, the roll is pretty awesome. As mentioned before seems to have a remote guiding the ball. Now all I need to do is really learn how to read the green properly.

P.S boss, if the Allen screw at the putter come loose, I can just tighten it right, no neeanti bother abt the torque required?

DGman

Thks will pop by over the weekend. Another excuse to go down again Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm

ZEN is never an excuse. It is a REASON.
Back to top Go down
Zig Zag
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:28 pm

ironstarz wrote:
DGman wrote:
ironstarz wrote:

DGman

Thks will pop by over the weekend. Another excuse to go down again Laughing

How abt sat..Call me when u going..
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:30 pm

pushslice wrote:
DGMan, everybody must start somewhere. Scotty didnt become huge overnite, and the strength of the brand is important for some golfers.

What I can vouch is that buying a zen is not just buying a putter. At least for my case, I got a new putting movement (see, Im already using Nick's lingo). So yes, the Indian is not the same, yet when the new Indian used his old Scotty, the ball rolled less true than with his new Zen. (Disclaimer: Im not saying "Zen roll balls truer than Scotty", I'm saying "I roll the ball truer with Zen than with my Scotty". Results may vary, just like Slimfit buyers may not necessarily get what Gwen Wan has)

Still, despite my numerous efforts to poison, despite showing better and truer rolls than his, despite him trying my zen and seeing the truer roll, WMF is still stubbornly loyal to his Scotty lor Laughing

but DaveAha is close.

My last game with 4Dtoto, Duval, and Alvin was saved by my putting... Else would really have to wear skirts and tee up from red... How not to remain loyal????
Back to top Go down
ironstarz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
ironstarz

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:31 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
ZEN is never an excuse. It is a REASON.

MC , To my wife i dun think whe wld take it as a reason Razz

Zig Zag , Sound like a plan. Will call u
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
pushslice wrote:

but DaveAha is close.

My last game with 4Dtoto, Duval, and Alvin was saved by my putting... Else would really have to wear skirts and tee up from red... How not to remain loyal????

IF you had a Zen, you might have even won some holes Razz
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 pm

pushslice wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
pushslice wrote:

but DaveAha is close.

IF you had a Zen, you might have even won some holes Razz

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Think Alvin is down at the Den now to arm himself with a ZEN! affraid
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:42 pm

The Master has forgiven my transgressions and blessed me with a Zen.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:43 pm

PICS! Which one?

hey its been a while since your WITB thread got updated. i enjoyed that, an inspiration to ho' wannabes like me
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Details will follow. I have an important (potentially life changing) meeting later at 4 pm and will be posting pics after that Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Quote :
ghoonk wrote:
Details will follow. I have an important (potentially life changing) meeting later at 4 pm and will be posting pics after that Smile

yahhoooo....hope its what I thought it is.....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:18 pm

ghoonk wrote:

Finally bro!!!! Well, like they say, better late than never. Beer

Hm......life changing? Posting back to S'pore for yr work? scratch
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:08 pm

hoping so. i would miss slinger too much if I am in Dubai. no one to teach me to play properly under pressure
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

eh.... i dun like to miss fellow man

esp one with moustach..... soli
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:42 pm

hehehehehe. i need to train harder if I am to try to keep my money away from you next time. But you are a fair competitor, so I will look forward to our next round
Back to top Go down
lovemiki
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Sorry to dig up this old post but correct me if im wrong.

The ZOM series is both a training aid and a putter which needs to be fitted since it's not commercially available?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi there, u r right that it's to be fitted, but I think it's a good opportunity for u to find out what is the actual right length of putter fits you. And the entire feel that it custOm fitted just make the whole putter feel even better. Give it a try at bfg bm.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:41 pm

If I recall correctly, there is also a standalone training aid called the Zen-i that you can attach to your current putter to learn the Zen putting stroke. I've tried it, and it does help, but takes patience, practice and determination. After that, I found most of my putts running past the hole from the crazy amount of roll from putting properly, but I also find that my backswing was shorter and putting was more consistent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZEN Putters   ZEN Putters - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZEN Putters
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next