Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.

Go down 
+7
Technospaz
mcsl
hardrock
Uncle Lau
Khorkar
ironfist
yelnats
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:39 pm

I got everything I need from a hobby shop at the ground floor of Sunshine Plaza (corner of Prinsep St & Prinsep Link). Here's the list ~

Mr Color Thinner - to get rid of the original paints on your clubs
Tamiya Enamel paint - assortment of colors & finish (matt, glossy or translucent/clear)
Tamiya Enamel paint thinner - for wiping up those excesses spilling over the edges (do not use the stronger Mr Color thinner or the paint fills will come out too)

'Borrow' your wife's cotton buds to apply thinner to remove old paint, use wooden toothpick to fill in the paint, lastly you'll need paper towel to wipe off the excesses with Enamel thinner.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:43 pm

who8168 wrote:
I got everything I need from a hobby shop at the ground floor of Sunshine Plaza (corner of Prinsep St & Prinsep Link). Here's the list ~

Mr Color Thinner - to get rid of the original paints on your clubs
Tamiya Enamel paint - assortment of colors & finish (matt, glossy or translucent/clear)
Tamiya Enamel paint thinner - for wiping up those excesses spilling over the edges (do not use the stronger Mr Color thinner or the paint fills will come out too)

'Borrow' your wife's cotton buds to apply thinner to remove old paint, use wooden toothpick to fill in the paint, lastly you'll need paper towel to wipe off the excesses with Enamel thinner.

Have fun!

hi thanks fothe advise.

For thinner, can i use the normal nail polisher ?

thanks
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:48 pm

golf_snowman wrote:

You mean the nail polish remover. tongue Yes, that'll work too. I tried but find it a little slow in getting rid of the original stubborn paints, so i use Mr Color thinner.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:50 pm

who8168 wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:

You mean the nail polish remover. tongue Yes, that'll work too. I tried but find it a little slow in getting rid of the original stubborn paints, so i use Mr Color thinner.

thanks bro...

sounds great...will give it a try ..
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Wow, excellent idea bro, I will definately try it out !

cheers !
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:16 pm

JawereZ wrote:
Wow, excellent idea bro, I will definately try it out !

cheers !

Yo bro ....could take my old Callaway Big Bertha to try and paint a new coat for me ?????

Next game, makan on me !

cyclops
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Ok definately can but must warn you first hor, I'm also noobie in this ... hehe !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2