Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.

Go down 
+7
Technospaz
mcsl
hardrock
Uncle Lau
Khorkar
ironfist
yelnats
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. Empty
PostSubject: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:26 am

Did a quickie step by step instruction to briefly show how to change the paint fill on your irons. Complete removal of the original paint fill can take some time. You can use the same method when your paint fill on your numbers start dropping off.
Did the whole thing including the photos and uploading in half hour. So did not take the extra time to clean up the original paint fill.

One way to give your irons a new look. As for colors, it's basically any color you want.

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613316758_G2XC5-M
How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613317576_MTGJD-M
How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613317910_KiUmv-M
How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613318326_79b33-M
How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613314619_UsgZ3-M
How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613314942_kjyWU-M
How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613315727_pWG5f-M
How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 613316226_sKMDF-M
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:45 am

wow. i vote this for a sticky! haha and really everything seems easier with peekchures! haha well, you've convinced me stanley, i'm gonna try this out myself! thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:56 am

A customer said if I get out of the golf business, I should open a manicure shop. LOL.
Anyway, I just do these stuff during periods when there is nothing in the bag to change.

If your irons are old and you still like them a lot, you could end up with a like new set using the sponge sanding pad to create a satin look and paint fill it. The Macgregor iron in the another post got that treatment.

When time permits, I will get an extra coarse sand paper and see if i can create a yururi wedge kind of look. If anything promising turns up, I'll post pics.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:32 am

Hey Stanley,

Thanks for effort of breaking this down to step by step. I hope wife don't mind me taking some of her nail polish... Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks for sharing bro ! This aftenoon i will repaint my old Callway Big Bertha irons (1993 model) .... Very Happy

Thanks !!!

Beer
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 am

No problem. If there is any DIY things you guys want to do for your clubs and need info on it, just let me know. If I know how, I will do the same as above. If not, will experiment and let you guys know the out come. Easier for me to take club heads to experiment Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:29 am

Think i drop by Laguna when i got time, you supervise me hehe....drink and chicken wings on me....

Beer
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Sure. No problem. We usually don;t close that early. Usually we hand around till 1030pm or later.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:59 pm

great DIY...just wonder how long will e paint will last
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:02 pm

It will actually last very long. I have some clubs I paint fill 2 years back and they are still there. If the paint get dull and you have no intent to change colors, just paint over with the original color and remove excess. It will looks as good as new again.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:23 pm

wow it's really become a sticky! haha congrats! Smile i'm looking through my sister's nail polish drawer now.. haha
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:30 pm

that's not so bad. it's worst when you have to get your other half to buy nail polish with you.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:50 pm

lol my gf's gonna be quite surprised when i know more about nail polish than she does! haha
heard OPI nail polish has quite a nice lacquered sheen to it. Razz
Back to top Go down
mcsl
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Great Advise! now there is hope for my clubs. Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Great instructions with pictures to boot. Awesome. Perhaps I'll go paint my wedge too Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:26 pm

lol just paint filled my old cally x12 PW red. looks good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. You can pretty much paint fill anything.
One more thing you can do for you driver is to give them a nice polish. I usually use car polish. Liquid was will do. They note only bring out the shine but offer a coat of protection. That way, when you do accidentally put a sky mark on it, there will be some protection. If I come across a driver with some minor marks, I will take before pics and after pics to show the difference some polish will do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Stanley that #5 turned out wonderfully looking. If you don't mind me asking, what camera/model/lens and software did you use to take and capture such nice and clear macro shots?

Cheers, KT
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 pm

If any one of you is interested, head over to golfwrx to search for topics on paint filling. Lots of threads & pictures of golfers' masterpieces. Some recommend using enamel paint, or if u like the Scotty cherry dots' translucent kind of colors, u can get Tamiya clear colors. Definitely an enjoyable pass time.

I m going to change the colors on my Scotty over this weekend. If it turns out well, will post pics.
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
Stanley that #5 turned out wonderfully looking. If you don't mind me asking, what camera/model/lens and software did you use to take and capture such nice and clear macro shots?

Cheers, KT

I am using the Casio EX-FC100. They have a macro function and it's really good. Plus, I found that the best time to take nice pictures is on a sunny day. No software was used.
I will post on another thread about the camera. It's great for golf swings.
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:08 pm

HEre's the link for the Casio EX-FC100 camera. Takes awesome swing videos as well.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/golf-talk-f3/casio-ex-fc100-t746.htm#15093
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:17 pm

Following up on my promise, i have paint-filled my putter & all the other clubs (except my new R9 driver).

First, WITB ~

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851039293_35067bc3ec

I took out all original paint on my putter, then filled them with clear red & clear blue, the same ones used by Scotty. My putter's new color ~

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851031081_8c864a5be9

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851825758_5bab79b21c

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851030271_9bcc24f9c0

Maybe one day i will go for something brighter, like this ~

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851824284_b9e687eb19

And here are some of the other clubs i touched up ~

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851132629_12af4f5af9

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851033009_f72ac804fa

And the TPs here i filled with translucent/clear red, the same red in my putter ~

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851827028_20778431a9

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. 3851915158_5ac52d786b

It was fun doing this. And i feel good that my clubs look unique. Laughing

Last edited by who8168 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Gorgeous pics, bro!!

It's nice to know that the R9 looks pretty in your bag Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Gorgeous pics, bro!!

It's nice to know that the R9 looks pretty in your bag Smile

Thanks to you, I am now closer to my golfing buddies' 250m drive. Swing
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:26 pm

hi, it really looks great.

I wanna try on my old clubs.

Wat kind of paint do i need to buy ? Will get a nail polisher soon...hehe[left]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.   How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Change Colors or Touch Up Paint Fill on Golf Clubs.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next