Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set

Go down 
+9
itdavidsg
highball
angeldogleslie
Ant
kentan
dreamer
nrafee
flamer0454
zzzkelvinzzz
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eyz4eva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set   Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 10:59 pm

I have a set of JPX800 Forged set fitted with PX graphite shafts. The shaft weigh 91g and I feel that it is a little light. I have a set of Cleveland CG15 wedges that came in steel shaft, and I felt more tight and stable when swinging with it. Hence, I'm considering whether to change my shafts to steel.

The traction steel shaft on the Cleveland wedges weigh around 120g.

I'm looking to change to a set of PX Rifle 5.5 steel shafts, which weight around 110g.

Any advice? Will my launch angle be affected?
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set   Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 1:51 pm

I think for beginners, if you strong enough (your coach should be able to advise), can start off with steel shaft.  Most likely initially, you will have a hard time hitting them, but as your swing take shape, should have no problem launching.  Too light a shaft may throw off your nature tempo.  At least this is my experience.

Whether it will launch higher or not will depend on the kick point of the shaft.
For your case, my sense is that it will launch lower.
Back to top Go down
htngwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set   Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi dreamer.

Thanks for sharing. I'm not so strong and swing not so consistent. I'm using my coach's Ping steel shaft and sometimes can hit slightly more than 100m with iron 7. Still very weak but for my friend's graphite shaft, can sometimes launch 120m. 

I wonder whether it is a good idea to start with steel. After launching 100 balls, arms quite sore. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set   Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mizuno JPX 800 for Beginner - Advice and WTB pre-owned set
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2