Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need advice on clubs for beginner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pr1nc3ssdi

need advice on clubs for beginner Empty
PostSubject: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:49 pm

hi all,

I am looking for a set of clubs for myself but not sure what is good for beginner. There are so many brands and models in the market and I do not know where to start looking !

Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too..
any advice? Question
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:39 pm

When you say "beginner," how much of a beginner are you? If you are really new to the sport and have just started taking up coaching, I'd recommend going for a 2nd hand set. There are several on the Marketplace here which I think are decent buys.

However, if you are more familiar with the sport etc, you may want to pop by a fitting studio where you can get fitted for a set of clubs which suit you. You implied that you are tall so it's best to get fitted. A standard ladies set may not be adequate.

Another recommendation would be to pop by one of our range sessions which happen every Wednesday at MBGC (I think). You'll meet lots of golfers there and can test out their clubs etc to see which suits you. This is by no means a perfect approach to club-selection but it does allow you to meet the golfers here and share with/learn from them.

HTH Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Can you clarify on

"Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too.."

Yr height?
Back to top Go down
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pr1nc3ssdi

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Can you clarify on

"Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too.."

Yr height?

am standing at about 1.68m
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:41 pm

wah u can try my TM clubs if you like it you can buy at TM shop at cathay Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:52 pm

pr1nc3ssdi wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Can you clarify on

Yr height?

you can consider graphite men's clubs i believe. think you should try going for a few demos from the different club manufacturers and see what suits you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pr1nc3ssdi

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:19 pm

eiji wrote:
pr1nc3ssdi wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Can you clarify on

Yr height?

you can consider graphite men's clubs i believe. think you should try going for a few demos from the different club manufacturers and see what suits you.

yup, thanks, just dat I thought can narrow down the selection so that its easier for me.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   need advice on clubs for beginner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need advice on clubs for beginner
Page 1 of 1