Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advice for Mizuno irons

Go down 
+12
tubecreamer
chanwkit
davechew8381
zach-z
golfanatic
enwee
chihheng
xert
Botak88
Technospaz
cybermambo
TK
16 posters
AuthorMessage
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

Advice for Mizuno irons Empty
PostSubject: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Hello everyone,

Would appreciate any advice please, am quite ignorant about purchasing my own clubs and have been reading the forum and review sites but getting more confused!

I am currently using callaway big bertha irons RCH96 series with graphite regular flex for a few years now. I am quite comfortable with them but now am quite keen on getting a new set.

I only have a PC and play about 100-110 for 18 holes. Part of me thinks that I should improve more with my current set before I purchase anything. On the other hand just can't stop think about new clubs for the past fortnight so thought I find out more.

I was browsing the market place and found some sets for sale:

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t19491-reluctant-sale-super-good-condition-mizuno-jpx-800pro-with-tourad-ad75r

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t20937-wts-mizuno-mp59-px55-4-pw#350086

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t19050-wts-mizuno-jpx-800-pro-irons?highlight=mizuno+demo

I was trying to look up if mizuno had a demo day to try out the different clubs but so far only read that Golf House does analyzing for fitting.

It seems that all these sets have stiff shafts and apart from trying to decide between which set to choose from, I am mainly apprehensive if I can handle the stiff shafts and if not whether it would be expensive to change the shafts. The thought was that if that was the case it would be a better idea to buy new and get fitted it would be around the same price in the end?

Thank you for any advice !
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:35 pm

i used callaway x16 steel shaft reg flex irons for a long time since 2003.
been picking up golf again in the past few months and recently felt that i may benefit from getting better feel by changing to a forged club head. was considering jpx800 forged and mp53 both on nspro950 reg flex. finally decided on the mp53, good looks, good feel, felt i can grow more with it.
you can try the mizunos at laguna pro shop and take it to the range.
bot from GolfHouse, shaft choice is limited for the Mizuno, only nspro available.
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Thank you that is great I would love to give the clubs a try, will visit the Laguna pro shop to give them a shot! bounce
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:45 pm

If you're just starting out and playing in the low 100s, I'd recommend the game improvement irons, i.e. JPX800 or the soon-to-be-launched JPX825. They are more forgiving and should help your game.

The MP series is intended for more better golfers with the MP-5* for the better than average golfer and the MP-6* for the really good golfers Smile
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Hello Techno, ah would make sense, thank you! I go give those a try!
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 am

Managed to get a set of JPX 825 and really enjoying it so far! Very pleased. Smile Took quite awhile to decide on it but am glad to finally get it!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 am

Bro TK, congrats on your purchase. I'm really happy to see that you're enjoying your new 825s Smile It's a great buy. Highly rated all over the place. I hope it'll bring you a stream of good scores!
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:25 pm

TK wrote:
Managed to get a set of JPX 825 and really enjoying it so far! Very pleased. Smile Took quite awhile to decide on it but am glad to finally get it!

Hi bro;

dun mind share how much u paid for u're 825??

shaft type n flex ??

TIA
Back to top Go down
xert
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Botak88 wrote:
TK wrote:

Hi bro;

dun mind share how much u paid for u're 825??

shaft type n flex ??

TIA

Bro, would you be interested I actually have a set of 825 2 weeks old, found the club too soft for me. Regular flex and on fujikura orochi 60g.
Back to top Go down
xert
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm

TK wrote:

Get set of clubs. Have gotten them too 2 weeks back.
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TK

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Hello botak, I bought my set at creative golf at $950, it has a "dynamic gold SL R300" hope that is helpful!
Back to top Go down
chihheng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi,

Would like to ask fellow Mizuno users. Do they offer fitting for Mizuno clubs locally? Seems like only Golf House provide such service for Mizuno.

Tom
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

chihheng wrote:
Hi,

Would like to ask fellow Mizuno users. Do they offer fitting for Mizuno clubs locally? Seems like only Golf House provide such service for Mizuno.

Tom
hello tom,

Yes, golf house is the only one I know who do custom fit mizuno iron.
Back to top Go down
chihheng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Thank for the info!
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:31 pm

TK wrote:
Hello botak, I bought my set at creative golf at $950, it has a "dynamic gold SL R300" hope that is helpful!

Kam Sai Bro Beer

Back to top Go down
golfanatic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfanatic

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

nice clubs!
Back to top Go down
zach-z
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zach-z

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 8:18 pm

xert wrote:

Bro, would you be interested I actually have a set of 825 2 weeks old, found the club too soft for me. Regular flex and on fujikura orochi 60g.

Hey bro, how much are u looking to let go your JPX825?
Back to top Go down
davechew8381
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Nice club. But not enough M
Back to top Go down
chanwkit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 pm

U shld enjoy ur games more on JPX 825 compare to MP59.
Back to top Go down
tubecreamer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm

thinking of the MP59 too. But was told that it is more for advanced players
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:17 pm

my friend is a 20HCP, he just bought jpx825 forged today.
Back to top Go down
glen79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:18 pm

I got JPX825 too. i think it is a very nice set of irons. not a very good player but can feel the iron is hitting with more consistency
Back to top Go down
pReTeNd3r
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
pReTeNd3r

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:21 am

Glad that u guyz r enjoys with the clubs..

By the way, i have a set of JPX 800 pro iron set, 4-PW, steel shaft stiff DG S300 for sale

condition : 8.5/10

whatsapp me at 91140140. maybe we can work out a deal.

cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
Flash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:26 am

Golf House is having promotion now, both the JPX 825 and JPX 825 forged is in the promotion list.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:43 am

glen79 wrote:
I got JPX825 too. i think it is a very nice set of irons. not a very good player but can feel the iron is hitting with more consistency

good choice, you should see the mizunogolf website comparing off center hits and showing you the outcome. As a high handicapper how many time can you hit dead center? Hence it is good to know that your off center shot are more forgiving and gets you somewhere near Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for Mizuno irons   Advice for Mizuno irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice for Mizuno irons
Page 1 of 1