Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mizuno Irons

Go down 
+6
Turbo
Technospaz
schnell
boboking
s-killer
simontcl
10 posters
AuthorMessage
simontcl
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:38 pm

I am considering to get a set of JPX825 Forged, but guess that I can only get them in Golf House.

A bit worried, after hearing all the negative experiences from Golf House in this forum.

I understand they do Mizuno fitting, are they any good???

Another option is that I buy a 2nd-hand or cheaper or older model, bringing to other fitter to get the irons re-shaft??? Can tell where I can go for this fitting and re-shafting, thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 pm

i am selling a used set of Mizuno JPX 800-AD forged graphite ... would you be interested?
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:45 pm

I have a set of MP53 heads. Condition is 8/10. PM me if you are keen.
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Just curious..is it true that mizuno irons wear out faster than other forged irons (e.g. browning of club face due to wear from ball hitting, wearing out of sole from turf interaction)?
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:50 pm

schnell wrote:
Just curious..is it true that mizuno irons wear out faster than other forged irons (e.g. browning of club face due to wear from ball hitting, wearing out of sole from turf interaction)?
 Not from my experience.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:35 pm

schnell wrote:
Nope. Never heard that one before. I've owned several Mizuno sets and they are all pretty sturdy. Of course, do take care of your clubs (whether they are Mizuno or otherwise). The more care you provide, the longer they'll last Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 pm

simontcl wrote:
I am considering to get a set of JPX825 Forged, but guess that I can only get them in Golf House.

A bit worried, after hearing all the negative experiences from Golf House in this forum.

I understand they do Mizuno fitting, are they any good???

Another option is that I buy a 2nd-hand or cheaper or older model, bringing to other fitter to get the irons re-shaft??? Can tell where I can go for this fitting and re-shafting, thanks!!!
 You can consider buying from Golf Simply @ FESC 2nd Level ... Their prices for Mizuno Irons are pretty good ... Prices are very negotiable especially if it is cash transaction. I believe they might still have the JPX825 irons for sales.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Yes there's 1 set of new jpx825 at Golf Simply
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 am

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t24513-wts-clearing-out-under-utilized-clubs-added-jpx825-pros-and-additional-hybrids

This is a set in pretty good condition. He's my kaki and I've seen it myself. Probably a steal at his price considering its with kbs tour shafts too.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 am

The JPX Pro is a different set which may be harder to use.
But nonetheless, you have to try to know
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 pm

I think the mp53/54 irons are about the same forgiveness as the jpx forged. Give those a try.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I disagree. I think the JPX 800 Pro and JPX 825 Pro irons are more forgiving than the 53/58s. But the 52/58s allow more workability with the ball.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:44 pm

About there la. LOL. The mp53s, the weight more towards perimeter / bottom also.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Mp53 is a player's iron while jpx825 is game improvement
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Not much difference there I'd say. => don't try don't know! jpx forged -> mp 53 is like a half step up. Due to a slight tweak, weighting and offset if u notice is about the same as the jpx forged
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Joshyo, you must have a consistent swing, always hitting on the sweet spot. Doesn't matter whether player's or game improvement irons, great shot feeling always. Therefore not much difference between the 2 sets. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mizuno Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Irons   Mizuno Irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mizuno Irons
Page 1 of 1