Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the new irons from Mizuno?

Go down 
+5
watermyforrest
S70B
asahi
botak
DGman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Whats the new irons from Mizuno? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 am

anyone heard anything yet?

on a separate matter, i recently tried a new iron from PRGR and i must say i am pretty impressed. now just by the design and the quality of the finishing but also the feel and the engineering behind the blade/cavity function.

the mass behind the 5 to 6 score lines is just right and it gives the impact a nice and solid response while reminding us that is a forged iron.

here goes...

Whats the new irons from Mizuno? 4705275470_20473952a5_b
Whats the new irons from Mizuno? 4704632731_c5b93a2543_b

the buyer paid $2K plus and had this shipped from Japan. now he is waiting for his Bassara Lite.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:09 am

Shocked affraid

Dun call urself Master Clubfitter lor... should rename to Master Poisoner!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:13 am

Agree with you on this, botak. Laughing
poisonous! Anyway, seeya later at the Den, DGman.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:14 am

Nice. But that design in that cavity back looks like the TM R7 graphics although its solid this time.

Is there a new Mizzy iron? The 68 is pretty neat although I'm going Cally as soon as my clubs arrive.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am

Rex...looks like you need to update knowledge base more often....haha

i know someone who will be drooling at the PRGR...like i say, its not often that design and functionality meets..the PRGR is really a nice piece of engineering and design.

anyone heard anything about the Mizzies, hopefully we dont have to wait till the Open to find out?????
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:09 am

Me like PRGR ... But me can't afford the damage ... Me stick to Titleist for now.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:08 pm

DGman wrote:

i know someone who will be drooling at the PRGR...like i say, its not often that design and functionality meets..the PRGR is really a nice piece of engineering and design.

anyone heard anything about the Mizzies, hopefully we dont have to wait till the Open to find out?????

So Boss

Any write up or sneaks on the 53s and 63s?
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:56 pm

The new mixxys on golfwrx.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/390126-mizuno-mp-63-and-mp-53-spy-pics/
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 pm

I thought I smelled PRGR somewhere! No wonder I felt my hands and backside itching the whole day - it's a combination of the Zen putters and this PRGR iron!

Eric, this is the PRGR iron I mentioned to you when we were in China (or was it Thailand...). Can you please comment on the iron's forgiveness for a hacker like myself?

Separately, whilst not the latest, I tried the newest JPX irons. Very easy to launch, but I don't quite like the thick topline.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 pm

S70B wrote:
DGman wrote:

So Boss

Any write up or sneaks on the 53s and 63s?

haha not yet leh...Rex..

i think you will love the prgr Augustine...i dont know why you like the same stuff that Mr Cheong use...must be the same genes...

DGman
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:23 pm

DGman wrote:

i think you will love the prgr Augustine...i dont know why you like the same stuff that Mr Cheong use...must be the same genes...

DGman

Such an endorsement by you is some serious poisoning for me...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:34 am

MP53 and MP63? You mean these? http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/390115-ping-anser-forged-mizuno-mp-53-and-mp-63/
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:09 am

if you look at the new design 53 and 63, it is a 180 degree change from the 57 and 67.

where the 5 and 6 scoreline sits, the mass behind the new Mizzy irons are thicker. in the earlier design, there was a scoop out meaning it is potentially thinner.

looking at the PRGR and Mizzy (in the GRX thread) heads, it is basically using the same platform to create the same function of creating a solid impact rather than a softer springy impact. however in terms of form, i think the PRGR is really like a supercar design compare to the toyota design that the MP 53 has managed to garner.

in terms of manufacturing cost, the PRGR will cost significantly more to make too.

this is just my view form a form and function perspective, hence no offense to those who thinks otherwise.

DGman

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:37 pm

I tot the 53 and 63 are replacements for the 52 and 62?

Anyway, the 68s still look pretty good to me.

Eric, any foto of the PRGR at address?
Back to top Go down
golfamigo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfamigo

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:36 pm

WHOA!!! he brought at $2K, World of Golf is retailing this set at $3360.00, the best price they can give me is at $2888.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ivangolf.com
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:24 pm

DGman, so, based on the chat we had earlier about the design of the PRGR, would I be right so say that sweetspot shots will be rewarded with great feel and distance, while off-center shots would result in little loss of distance due to impact around the cavity areas that deliver a trampoline effect?
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:47 pm

All this talk about the prgr tr500 is making my itch turn into a rash!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the new irons from Mizuno?   Whats the new irons from Mizuno? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the new irons from Mizuno?
Page 1 of 1