Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...

Go down 
+9
flashpacker
pushslice
pocketace
golfjunkie
neutralgolfer
enwee
nutty88
TDO
Pizzaman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... Empty
PostSubject: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:39 am

Always heard good reviews and end up buying some clubs which only last a few sessions. Below are the ones I got rid in a flash (just my subjective opinions, don't flame me). What's yours?

1) Titleist 906F2 15* & 18* - Totally unforgiving... Can't compare to the modern FW...  Don't even bother to bring it to the course after 2 range sessions. Sold them after that. Can't understand the rave reviews.

2) 910H 21* - Not its fault... I just can't hit hybrids... Sold it after 1 game.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 am

"1) Titleist 906F2 15* & 18* - Totally unforgiving... Can't compare to the modern FW...  Don't even bother to bring it to the course after "

But but my 906F2 is serving me very well leh... In fact I love the club. I also have a 904 that is quite friendly. 
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:53 am

To each his own. Frankly, no point read reviews because all reviews are good especially those in the states. You will read a lot of wow comments like "the club can give me 200yds easily", "its a no brainer, just aim and shoot", etc..... We are all different in terms of swing, build, visual, etc. The best is try it out before you buy and don't buy because of reviews or hearsay.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Sometimes I wonder do all these club manufacturers pay the writers to write abt it. Honestly I had never read a negative review before.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 pm

TDO wrote:
"1) Titleist 906F2 15* & 18* - Totally unforgiving... Can't compare to the modern FW...  Don't even bother to bring it to the course after "

But but my 906F2 is serving me very well leh... In fact I love the club. I also have a 904 that is quite friendly. 

hahaha... When hit the sweet spot, the feeling is really solid... BUT.... I just can't do it consistently with them!!! Guess I just need more practice... but too bad... they are gone... lol
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 pm

enwee wrote:
Sometimes I wonder do all these club manufacturers pay the writers to write abt it. Honestly I had never read a negative review before.

I read based on positive reviews from US forumers... also all on the good things...
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:28 pm

It could be the writer has good skills (like Tiger), any club also can hit well. Or it might be also an "ego" problem if the writer tested and say it's no good, it might be telling people his skill is no good.

Best is still try it out yourself.
Back to top Go down
golfjunkie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:44 pm

that's why always try before buying

the last time i made this mistake was with the cleveland DST launcher driver. touted as being super lightweight to increase clubhead speed. in my case, this translated into a ball flying faster out of bounds
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:44 pm

I find MyGolfSpy tends to provide pretty good reviews
They say it as they see it

Golfwrx reviews are a little suspect to me
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:53 pm

TM 2009 TP hybrid.  Love the normal version, but the TP version are not made for slicers!

Daiwa Black forged wedge: felt so hard as a rock
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 pm

a lot of their forum members are single handicappers... sometimes I just feel hard to believe...
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Somehow Taylormade stuff just doesn't work for me.
E.g. Rbz2
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:28 pm

flashpacker wrote:
E.g. Rbz2

Doesn't work in what sense? Care to be more specific?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:36 pm

just bought a V steel 7 wood head based on the review from WRX... removed the black paint and gonna make it white and put on a nice shaft... lets see if it will fall into this category... lol...
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:43 pm

enwee wrote:

It's an open secret, not just in the golf scene. manufacturers do pay someone to write good reviews. That is why I read the bad reviews first, better to identify the weaknesses than the strengths.

But then again sometimes the negative reviews don't give you anything at all, they just complain about shipping being late, damages while shipping, no customer service, etc. Nothing to do with the product performance at all.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 5:55 pm

No review can be as satisfying but your own.

But usually that will be quite an expensive process to go thru.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Turbo wrote:
flashpacker wrote:
E.g. Rbz2

Tried the R11 driver and had a 3H Rbz2, but couldn't launch.  Didn't have this problem with Titleist or Callaway.
I guess it's not meant for me...
 Sad
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:27 pm

I got Adam golf hybrid can't remmeber what model but it was hotdigest 2011 I think totally unforgiving and I had it 2 rounds of golf and sold it.injtally wanna sell to dealer also can't sell cos he said no market lol
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm

My S yard bold wedges.very new and ex.the review write under damm solid but I bought it the 56 keep topping even during chipping.quite embarrassing actually.right now I think also hard to sell cos no market lol
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:30 pm

flashpacker wrote:
Turbo wrote:
flashpacker wrote:
E.g. Rbz2

Tried the R11 driver and had a 3H Rbz2, but couldn't launch.  Didn't have this problem with Titleist or Callaway.
I guess it's not meant for me...

same here!
 Sad
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:31 pm

asahi wrote:
No review can be as satisfying but your own.

But usually that will be quite an expensive process to go thru.
I wonder how much I have make a loss over the years over this supposed to be good review "clubs"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...   Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equipments that you sell within 3 sessions...
Page 1 of 1