Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Equipments first?

Go down 
+8
RngRover
righthook
entity
oned10t
enwee
BabyCroc
nrafee
Gabe
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Ok, here's what I am confused. It's just like photography where we need a basic equipement to start up and slowly build upon.

So in golf, what will be the basic equipments and accessories I will need to start going into the greens.

(I'm currently getting my PC and I just got a set of graphite Mizuno irons.)

New here
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:22 pm

If you are getting your pc, I reckon you are having lessons. Get your pro to check your equipment for u.

If budget is not an issue, go see a club fitter. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
BabyCroc

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:27 pm

In the least, you definitely need a putter. If you wanna have more balanced fun and fear getting bored with your irons, get a driver, you shd do just fine for now. A lot of other poison and toys will make its way into your bag automatically without you having to worry in the near future.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Well ask and you shall be given...so many bros and sis selling here some of the items really good.
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 pm

enwee wrote:
Well ask and you shall be given...so many bros and sis selling here some of the items really good.

Agreed with Bro enwee here, not only good items you can also get good bargain too!
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Play with your Mizunos and get used to them. Just like photography, you will know when it's time to change equipment. For some it's adding more gear like training aids or apparel, for others it'll be driver after driver, iron set after iron set. Razz

For now, if you don't know what is limiting you, then it's probably not the equipment. You will know for sure once you think it's the clubs that need changing. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Gabe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Or rather, I should direct my question - Is a driver necessary to start?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Gabe wrote:
No....
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:39 am

As bro enwee said, a driver is not needed to start with.
It is a club you will love...and hate.

If you are a pragmatic golfer, use your irons to tee-off until your swing is more consistent, then get a driver.

If you want some drama in your life, get one now and you will have stories to tell your friends, both good and bad. drunken

Gabe wrote:
Back to top Go down
Gabe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 am

entity wrote:

If you are a pragmatic golfer, use your irons to tee-off until your swing is more consistent, then get a driver.

If you want some drama in your life, get one now and you will have stories to tell your friends, both good and bad. drunken

Gabe wrote:

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

entity wrote:

Gabe wrote:

great tip, consistency/accuracy versus drama/fun cyclops
Back to top Go down
RngRover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
RngRover

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm

In my mind entity's tip is great for one starting out in golf.

In my heart, having a driver after a two months of picking up the game (against the recommendation of my coach) it was the fun and drama of practice with the driver during my regular coaching session that has kept me coming back for more over the past two years. It makes me imagine that I am a golfer (yes, agree shallow).

I have gone through 3 drivers and settled on one now. I have a lousy short game and a sometimes long game, but it is that 3-4 perfect drives that make me say Golf is Great. Over time, i hope i improve overall, but for now I am happy to see a good drive the next time I tee off cheers
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 pm

RngRover wrote:

In my heart, having a driver after a two months of picking up the game (against the recommendation of my coach) it was the fun and drama of practice with the driver during my regular coaching session that has kept me coming back for more over the past two years. It makes me imagine that I am a golfer (yes, agree shallow).

I have gone through 3 drivers and settled on one now. I have a lousy short game and a sometimes long game, but it is that 3-4 perfect drives that make me say Golf is Great. Over time, i hope i improve overall, but for now I am happy to see a good drive the next time I tee off cheers

lol! you mean enwee?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 pm

costajos wrote:
RngRover wrote:

lol! you mean enwee?
i don't change driver that often leh.
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:44 pm

enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
RngRover wrote:

lol! you mean enwee?

Meant enwee not entity la
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:59 pm

I changed drivers quite often leh. Razz

costajos wrote:
enwee wrote:

Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Its funny how people ask questions like this, If you wanted to play tennis, wouldnt you buy a tennis racquet and not buy tennis balls?

So many people always seem to have a 50% commitment in doing things here in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Gabe wrote:
It is not necessary, but it could be very nice to have. For me, my driver play is much more consistent than my lousy iron play, imagine the number of shots it save me per game. And, when u drive well, the feeling is shiok. Of course, u might lose balls when things go wrong, and the number just shot the the roof. In short, it depends on what u want from the game, shoot a lowest number that u can or just have fun.
Back to top Go down
costajos
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 pm

entity wrote:
I changed drivers quite often leh. Razz

costajos wrote:
enwee wrote:

oops my bad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RngRover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
RngRover

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Ocean wrote:

...And, when u drive well, the feeling is shiok. Of course, u might lose balls when things go wrong, and the number just shot the the roof. In short, it depends on what u want from the game, shoot a lowest number that u can or just have fun.
Superman

Golf, beer, and fun all the way to the grave...a low score along the way is a bonus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Got balls?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Equipments first?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equipments first?    Equipments first?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equipments first?
Page 1 of 1