Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking to change irons set ...

Go down 
+10
CityTypeZ
Afat
Turbo
abadan
Derek
dmateo
pushslice
joshyo
jeffman88
kennyky
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

I think most GH outlets have fitting facilities. The only difference is whether the fitter is reliable. Note that the fitting isn't going to be as thorough as what you'd get from the likes of BFG, Torque, WizGolf etc.

I believe GH charges for fitting BUT they will absorb the cost if you end up buying the irons.

Note also that GH can be flexible. Don't assume that the prices you see on the sticker are fixed, especially if you're buying a lot. Bargain by asking for freebies and trying to get further price reductions. They can accommodate but it also depends on what you're looking for and how far you push.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Meh never crossed my mind to bargain at GH. Esp the items already on discount?

Anw. The MP59s are great. Supposedly more forgiving than the MP58s. I'm gaming the mp58s too. Very solid at impact. Very nice irons.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Yup.. can bargain. can also ask for freebies like golf bags or boston bags depending on how much u spend. Razz
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I think most GH outlets have fitting facilities. The only difference is whether the fitter is reliable. Note that the fitting isn't going to be as thorough as what you'd get from the likes of BFG, Torque, WizGolf etc.

I believe GH charges for fitting BUT they will absorb the cost if you end up buying the irons.

Note also that GH can be flexible. Don't assume that the prices you see on the sticker are fixed, especially if you're buying a lot. Bargain by asking for freebies and trying to get further price reductions. They can accommodate but it also depends on what you're looking for and how far you push.
Not sure abt GH fitting, but the last time I request to have a set from 5-P, they told me I would be charge at the full retail price. Not the discount price.
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm

I tried to bargain a bag but they did not want coz it was already trade in promotion etc... but i forgot to ask for freebies... i will ask them later !

in GH right now they have a 20% discount on everything almost (clubs or apparels etc) and u get a voucher of 28Sgd if you spend more than 228 (somethg like that) SGD to use before end of feb.

i asked for the fitting, they told me to go for William in Suntec. As Mizuno is their house brand, the fitting might be free. (to negotiate i guess)
does anybody know William fitter in suntec?

Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Yup. Look for William at suntec. Or better yet, get your sales person to call him. He will be able to adjust ur lie angles. Can also change ur grip size If u need to. But If u wanna change to another type of grip then u gotta pay.

If they wanna charge u, then do it at elsewhere or try making a fuss. Explain to them that u paid so much for ur new clubs etc. Think they charge like $10.70 per club including gst so not worth it.
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:15 pm

shaft fitting as well?

Thanks Abadan for the advice ! Smile
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Shaft fitting? I tot u decided on the NS PRO regular? I'm pretty sure They have a mizuno fitting cart at suntec. If I'm not wrong, They only have NS Pro, dynamic gold and project x options. KBS have to special order w additional charge. Maybe u might wanna get GH to check If They have stock at subtext outlet and get everything done there?
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:22 pm

sounds good to me Smile thanks Smile
i decided on that coz no other choices at the outlet i went :p and they seem decent :p
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 am

kennyky wrote:
sounds good to me Smile thanks Smile
i decided on that coz no other choices at the outlet i went :p and they seem decent :p

You're welcome! And good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to change irons set ...   Looking to change irons set ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to change irons set ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2