Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged Empty
PostSubject: Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged   Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 pm

I would like to know what are the differences.

Can anyone share with me? thanks.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged   Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Casting and forging are processes in forming the shape of club head. Casting is pouring molten metal in a mould while forging is pressing hot steel billets to shape.

Maraging forged is also done by forging except difference is material used is martensitic low carbon steel that has seen extended heat treatment.

In theory , the longer is being heat treated, the grains will be better aligned however the grains will be greater. With larger grain structure that are better aligned, the face is supposedly hotter than regular forged 1025c steel however losing a bit of that softness that is normally associated with conventional forged steel.

Some manufacturers claims that with maraging forge the ball will fly further while there are camps which prefer conventional forging coz of better workability.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged   Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 am

bro, thanks for the detail explanation.

so i reckon Maraging-F is somewhere between Cast and Forged, am i right so say so?
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged   Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

s-killer wrote:

so i reckon Maraging-F is somewhere between Cast and Forged, am i right so say so?

That is the theory to get workability of forge and the distance of a cast.. but to tell u the truth bro.. I have no idea..

Never tried a maraging forge before.... why dun u go for a test drive and share with us ?
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged   Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 am

Begbie wrote:
s-killer wrote:

That is the theory to get workability of forge and the distance of a cast.. but to tell u the truth bro.. I have no idea..

Never tried a maraging forge before.... why dun u go for a test drive and share with us ?

honestly, i can't really tell the difference between Cast and Forged irons ... let alone Maraging-F ... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged   Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:11 am

The difference is their pricing "kacing kacing"..... I'm sure that is pretty obvious....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged   Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maraging-F vs Cast vs Forged
Page 1 of 1