Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?

Go down 
+18
jaketang
CoastGuy
raywen1
S70B
simoner
watermyforrest
JL
HyBriD
Dan5
AC
Turbo
audi
freedrop
pushslice
sob
TDO
crayon33
tonyj5
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? Empty
PostSubject: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:23 am

Is there anyone out there who will come out of the pack and actually challenge Yani Tseng's #1 position?

Here is what I think:

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2012/04/who-will-step-up-and-challenge-yani.html
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:08 am

maybe lorena Ochoa comes out of retirement and then we will have someone to compete against Yanni.

Right now, the only person who is competing against Yanni is Yanni. She really could be 6 for 6, or 5 out of 6 for the 2012 season.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:38 am

Just like TW, there is someone out there who can mount a challenge, but only on her off days. At the moment, looks like she have a higher percentage of wins compared to the rest of the field. Even with the many Koreans, she is still a very dominant force to be reckon. pale
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 am

What happen to Shin Jiyai?
I mean after the makeover, she can't seem to play golf at that level.
I liked her when she was still in glasses and natural color hair.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:57 am

Maybe Lexi Thompson in a few years' time, and only if she can get her putting to Yani's level
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:59 am

Comparing a half man against all the rest of lady players.....no fight. Yani will dominate next 5 years.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 am

ahahahahaha half man... true true Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 am

I doubt she is invincible & dominatingly scary like Tiger once was. She is definitely beatable. It can be very demoralizing for young & newbie players if she keeps winning tournament after tournament. Fortunately a young Korean prevailed in the recent LPGA major. Her distinct advantage is long & straight on the tee.

Not-a-fan,
Turbo

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 am

freedrop wrote:
Comparing a half man against all the rest of lady players.....no fight. Yani will dominate next 5 years.
Bro,

Don't be so mean to describe her as half man. It's not that she want. She's born with that look. Some people have the looks but cannot perform. Michelle Wie is one example. All the hype about her being the next TW in LPGA and so far, how many tournaments has she won?
Back to top Go down
AC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
AC

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 am

Seems likely the LPGA golfer competing with YT will be another ASIAN.
(Just making a "couch potato's" leaderboard observation from the last few LPGA games)

Dunno why, more ASIAN ladies are able to fare better against counterparts from US and EUROPE than the ASIAN men.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 am

Yani is not the most dominant, distance wise. Lincicome, Korda, Thompson, Hurst and few others can match or beat Yani this year. It looks like Yani is not hitting 100% as usual, maybe her elbow wraps is a sign of elbow injuries?
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:56 am

pushslice wrote:
Maybe Lexi Thompson in a few years' time, and only if she can get her putting to Yani's level

I think so too, give her a few years to gain some experience amd see how she turns out.

Yanni wasn't that dominant when she first started too.
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 am

Its good to have Yanni winning consistently so that she can inspire more Asian to take on the PGA tour and soon we can also have a Asian TW!!!

No reason why the American n European always dominate the Major.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 pm

AC wrote:

Dunno why, more ASIAN ladies are able to fare better against counterparts from US and EUROPE than the ASIAN men.

This is because PGA is much more competitive versus the LPGA. Same for the Professional Tennis arena ... We saw some Asian women (e.g. china) winning grand slams ... Having said that, 100% Korean, YE Yang won a major with finesse as he defeated the then World's #1, Tiger Woods.

You will be going to witness more Chinese sport women winning medals in the forthcoming Olympic Games in London.

Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:23 pm

AC wrote:
Seems likely the LPGA golfer competing with YT will be another ASIAN.
(Just making a "couch potato's" leaderboard observation from the last few LPGA games)

I think its the size.

Asian women like Yani & Korean LPGA are not too far behind in terms of height and power.

Also, Asian ladies, specially the Koreans, are more hard working than the Western players. Plus the parents push them too far. Slave driver attitude.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Yes Yani is suffering from elbow Injury. Some say that Yani is 1/2 man. It's really something you guys should respect. She have to train to this bulk and keep in this shape instead of being skinny to hit far. Example like Feng Shan Shan from china. When she was an amateur she was really skinny. She had to gain weight to get that extra distance. Winning tournaments after tournaments is not just cos of distance. Every tournament this year that she played in she always finishes top 10 or a win. This requires immense amount of determination and psychology to withstand the pressure and expectation from everyone. She might not be As pretty as Paula creamer or Natalie Gulbis, but I dare put my life on it that u can't find any one more genuine and nice on the LPGA tour.

The hard work and sacrifices that Yani puts in is immense and she deserve the spot she is in now.
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:40 pm

sob wrote:
pushslice wrote:

I think so too, give her a few years to gain some experience amd see how she turns out.

Yanni wasn't that dominant when she first started too.

Yani won her first pro tournament leading with 12 strokes in the Taiwan open. After 1 year as a pro on Taiwan she qualified the LPGA and won her first Major the first year on tour. She's standing at world no.5 in just 2 years in playing LPGA. Trust me, she's amazingly talented.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:17 pm

JL wrote:
Yes Yani is suffering from elbow Injury.

Time to bring her to Dr. Du?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Her biggest challenger is...
Herself!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 pm

JL wrote:
She have to train to this bulk and keep in this shape instead of being skinny to hit far. Example like Feng Shan Shan from china. When she was an amateur she was really skinny. She had to gain weight to get that extra distance. .

Suddenly gaining 3kgs in the last few months doesn't sound so bad after all Laughing
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

pushslice wrote:
JL wrote:
She have to train to this bulk and keep in this shape instead of being skinny to hit far. Example like Feng Shan Shan from china. When she was an amateur she was really skinny. She had to gain weight to get that extra distance. .

Suddenly gaining 3kgs in the last few months doesn't sound so bad after all Laughing

Lol hopefully it's muscle mass not fats! Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm

JL

Its not difficult to grow fat eating an American diet. (U can trust me on this one)

One American who is see-sawing her weight is Kristie Kerr. Can see that she's recently fighting hard to lose those pounds n its somewhat paying off.
Back to top Go down
JL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JL

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Lol... The whole problem is Yani don't eat American food. She always cook very Taiwanese food! Or Asian food
Back to top Go down
raywen1
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Yani is my idol!
Back to top Go down
CoastGuy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoastGuy

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:36 pm

JL wrote:
Yes Yani is suffering from elbow Injury. Some say that Yani is 1/2 man. It's really something you guys should respect. She have to train to this bulk and keep in this shape instead of being skinny to hit far. Example like Feng Shan Shan from china. When she was an amateur she was really skinny. She had to gain weight to get that extra distance.

That means "Weight" do play a part in order to gain distance off the tee. I was asking this question 2 years back. But most people think that it doesn't affect.

That's a really big sacrifice in order to stay competitive, as most gals would like to look slim and pretty. They have my RESPECT. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?   Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone Challenge Yani Tseng?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next