Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?

Go down 
+11
freedrop
HyBriD
watermyforrest
hkhamateur
nutty88
pushslice
sob
simoner
Duval_S
Khorkar
tonyj5
15 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? Empty
PostSubject: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 am

It seems like just yesterday, that I was writing a post asking if anyone would step up and challenge Yani Tseng. My, how things have changed. In a few short months, Yani has gone from complete dominance to completely out of contention. Let us look at her season so far. I am going to break it down into three parts.

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-is-going-on-with-yani-tseng.html
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:33 am

May be she is too bored being on the top and therefore lost focus. Not that it is bad for the sports of golf. The likes Stacy Lewis and Inbee is given opportunities to stand out.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:12 am

I expect yani to win every tourney

I expect yani to make every cut

I expect yani to hit every green and 100% gir

I will start another thread entitle "what wrong with my expectation"..... Geezzzz
Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 am

Yani Tseng has fired her caddie again. Just a few weeks after firing longtime caddie Jason Hamilton, yani has now fired Basil Van Rooyan. Her new caddie will be Patrick Turley.

Jason Hamilton has been hired this week by Na Yeon Choi.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:35 am

i thought I read some where about a month ago that she's undergoing a swing change and also carrying some injury
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 am

Love problems?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 am

I thot injuries? saw the tape she had on right elbow all the way up to shoulder?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 am

Lack of s_x *ahem*? pale
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 am

Medias attention on e next level!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:45 am

pushslice wrote:
I thot injuries? saw the tape she had on right elbow all the way up to shoulder?

then a lot of athletes in Olympic also had injuries... No lah... I think those tapes are more for supports...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:23 pm

simoner wrote:
i thought I read some where about a month ago that she's undergoing a swing change and also carrying some injury

I 2nd the motion, Yani is injured and probably is under going rehab
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:05 pm

sob wrote:
Love problems?

Read this : http://lamenlamen.blogspot.sg/2012/04/meet-charlie-tseng-taiwanese-tiger-dad.html
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 am

nutty88 wrote:
Lack of s_x *ahem*? pale

Disagree, It is more like never have s*x ROFL
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 am

When a champion attains the level of a public figure like Yani has, sometimes we forget the person is still human.

As a champion, she deserves all the accolades that her outstanding accomplishments have garnered. Her accomplishments are unsurpassed and golf is all the better for it.

As a fellow human being, she deserves her personal life, some space and due respect from us. We are all human, and will experience ups and downs.

From my observation, here's what comes to mind. From a Golf.com article of Dec 2011:

"To fine-tune her swing, Tseng spent a summer at the David Leadbetter Golf Academy in Florida, but she bridled at its strictures, and left the program after one summer. "I learned a lot about the importance of training," Tseng says of the academy. "But I am a feel player, not a really technical player, so the approach there wasn't really good for me."

FWIW, Leadbetter is a long-time coach of Michele Wie, who's been in the longest slump, but that's another story.

There were also reports that she parted ways with her long-time caddy recently.

So, it seems something is going on in her life that is affecting her state of mind, which we have all experienced at some time or other I am sure.

For a feel player, state of mind is paramount, and the feel can easily be affected if the state of mind is affected.

But certainly, when she gets her act together mentally again, look for her to come back with a vengeance.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Lee36328 wrote:

So, it seems something is going on in her life that is affecting her state of mind, which we have all experienced at some time or other I am sure.

For a feel player, state of mind is paramount, and the feel can easily be affected if the state of mind is affected.

But certainly, when she gets her act together mentally again, look for her to come back with a vengeance.

Agree.. definitely think its the mental aspects of the game haunting her.. self doubt, loss of self-confidence... failing to make it to the top one game after another.. sometimes one questions oneself about what is one doing wrong?... think her physical play is still solid, so must be mental.. top athletes tend to plateau out after peaking and despite further training and competitions are not winning.. she needs to find more inner strength and inspirations to climb higher... maybe need to look outside the box... my 2 cents Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Anyway, she has just charged up the leader board the Safeway Classic this morning. A sign that her game is almost back?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Here the updated news on Yani

http://golfweek.com/news/2012/aug/18/tseng-starting-look-world-no-1-again/

I like this statement : “Walk with your head held high,” Inkster told Tseng. “You’re the No. 1 player in the world. Act like it.”
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Here the updated news on Yani

http://golfweek.com/news/2012/aug/18/tseng-starting-look-world-no-1-again/

I like this statement : “Walk with your head held high,” Inkster told Tseng. “You’re the No. 1 player in the world. Act like it.”

Being no. 1 is tough. People will do whatever they can to topple you and all eyes are on you so a simple error or dry spell is magnified countless times over. Some take to the pressure well. Others may buckle.

I hope Yani overcomes this and will be back to her usual winning ways soon.

Yes, and I agree... she really should act like no. 1! She's amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?   What is Wrong With Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Wrong With Yani Tseng?
Page 1 of 1