Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?

Go down 
+8
supra
HitSoft
HyBriD
Technospaz
Turbo
Ant
TDO
tonyj5
12 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? Empty
PostSubject: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:17 am

The 2013 LPGA season has brought us lots of surprises. We have had first time winners. We have had winners from 7 different countries. Five Major Championships were played for the first time, with one player (Inbee Park) winning 3 of them. We have even had 4 players win multiple championships this year. However the biggest surprise to date has to be the tumble taken by Yani Tseng.

For full article:

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/10/what-in-world-has-happened-to-yani-tseng.html
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:26 am

It happens to all golfers, social, amateurs and professionals. They call it "The Slump". Some found back their swing some don't. For example, David Duval.
HELP 
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:08 am

Yeah... probably the same thing happen for Tiger before, then Rory ........ even for social golfers like us... there were days we thought we were on the way to single HCP... then the next ... heading south...... that golf.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .....

Must be frustrating for Yani..... she was really good when she was at her peak.. hope she recover soon...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:10 am

It looks like Rory is cumming out of the slump ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:18 am

Even our local buayas also face the dreaded SLUMP. But in our local context, one of the local Ben.. I mean Buayas reminded me what SLUMP stood for:

So
Lousy
Until
Makan
Players

So be warned when you're facing a local croc, especially if they're looking dejected and claiming to be in a slump Smile
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 pm

I think Yani is not really in a slump.
I think her injury in the wrist have created this nightmare.
But I am sure she will recover back!
Perhaps Next Year!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:14 pm

HyBriD wrote:
I think Yani is not really in a slump.
I think her injury in the wrist have created this nightmare.
But I am sure she will recover back!
Perhaps Next Year!
She swears her wrist is fine.
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 pm

her drives are mostly hooks or pulls to the right from what I see on TV. used to hit it straight without much of a problem last time. swing still looks mighty fine though!
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:10 am

HitSoft wrote:
her drives are mostly hooks or pulls to the right from what I see on TV. used to hit it straight without much of a problem last time. swing still looks mighty fine though!
Her long drives are what separates her from the pack previously.
Now?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:02 am

Her long drives are what separates her from the pack previously.
Now?

Her long draught in victory has separated her from the pack.Sad 
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:24 am

Who else (like me) believes that she needs to lose a bit of weight, get fitter, in order to play better

She seemed to be expanding her girth in recent months, not that I'm paying special attention mind you... It's just so apparent to me

When she was younger (she is still young) she seemed slimmer and fitter. Not so now.

That said, some players are naturally chubby and still play well eg Feng Shan Shan, Inbee Park.
Back to top Go down
haertmage
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:34 am

the mind is such a powerful tool. It's all in her mind. Too many things went through her mind when she became dominant and she lost her game by not being able to relax and play the game.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Lack of romance or too many romance.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:56 pm

sob wrote:
Lack of romance or too many romance.
Which team does she bat for? Any idea?

Same question applies for NY Choi cyclops
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Golf is mental if your other aspects of the game are in the right place. 
I think no other explanation needed.Wink 
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Yeah she had Wrist and elbow injuries for before since she went through  Q-School ,but it aggravated the last couple years & have to compensate for the injury which create swing fault she didn't have before .

Press Conference This week talk a bit about her non-performance last couple years : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hCzBrTaGxQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?   What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What in the World Happened To Yani Tseng?
Page 1 of 1