Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendations for Irons For Beginners

Go down 
+17
Dan5
HyBriD
ahnah
mygolfsucks
Derek
Bear
slyster
Newtogolf
scottycollector
kevinhwc
drawbias
Joshtay
benedictteo83
nrafee
BabyCroc
Elwq87
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Beware of getting fake stuff from the ebay if the price is too good to be true. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:57 pm

i think the nspro shaft is a better choice. nice and light. my 2 cents Smile
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

how bout if we beginners just go for a 7/8 iron , driver ,putter, wedge ,rescue club in our bags?

instead of buying a full iron set that is sold nowadays (and 2/3/4 iron supposedly replaced by rescue clubs)

would that be ideal? no point carrying all the extra clubs ard at our level?
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm not sure but it might be a little difficult to buy individual irons than to get a full set?

To add on, you may not need your 2 - 6 Iron now (since we don't need those for Par 3s) but on the Green, to not carry a full set may equate to a bad game. It may be true for the fact that there isn't a specific club you have to use for certain shots. You may even be good enough to complete an entire 18 with just a Driver, 4 Iron and a Pitching Wedge(no need putter at all since you can use your Driver to putt). But personally, I'd rather not take my chances with my scores.

I don't think there are shops that sell 2PW Iron sets these days.
Some start from 3PW and some start from 4PW sets.
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
siaokao

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:32 pm

ahnah wrote:
HyBriD wrote:
ahnah wrote:
PING is nice !

PING are nice irons only if you get the RIGHT fit.

What if you are a short guy and you get a Blue Dot fit?
You can't hit them quite well.

I think the best for a newbie is to get a Used Game Improvement irons

Many buy brand new set and end up Quitting Golf.

Its better to spend more when you have already polished your swing.
then get fitted.

A lot in my country get fitted....Buying KZG, PING, SMT & Wishon irons.
and end up regretting buying them.

so ISI is ok for short guy ?
Bro.. ISI is the model name of your PING clubs, just like G15, i20 etc.. As far as PING goes, different dot colors represents different lie angle. Blue dot is more 'upright', generally more suitable for taller folks.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Oh, to add onto my reply, I would still prefer to hit off a 2, 3 and 4 Iron than a Hybrid.

I'm using more of my 4I than my hybrid. I only use it when I'm forced to.

Then again, its abt how comfortable one is with their own stuff. Use whatever configuration you are comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Bear wrote:
Getting through ebay?... U mean Golf Direct no longer has the burners 2.0 for a good price? Look around bro. i think there are some very good priced burner irons out there. Try creative joe, he may have some close to new clubs there...

For your question on shaft...it depends on your stamina and strength. if youre a big guy, true tempers steel would be no problem for you. ns pro are lighter. if im not wrong stiff DG300 weighs abt 110-120 grams? and stiff ns pro comes in at 95grams.....opps being too engrossed in technical detail...i shall stop....better let better players answer on this...

soo...as a newbie to another: if youre a big guy (or if can score ippt bronze), true tempers steel (regular or stiff) would be no problem for you. heheheee

Last week, I saw Golf direct still selling Burner (graphite & steel) and starting around $350++.

BTW, TT DG S300 is 130 g (excludes the grip & clubhead).

Whether one is strong or fit may not be the main consideration when using stiff-flex shaft. One must be able to handle the flex as one may not have the swing speed to do so albeit he may be strong. Just like PX shaft, DG shaft (whether R or S-Flex) has low torque and mid-high kickpoint. It is better to consider NS PRO 950 if one swing speed is not high. My 2 cents' worth ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Irons For Beginners    Recommendations for Irons For Beginners  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Irons For Beginners
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2