Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Set for Beginners

Go down 
+7
tasmaniandevil
nrafee
pizzaboi
stagedbrute
galileo
mizzy
Ben Eng
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Eng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Set for Beginners Empty
PostSubject: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi, i have just picked up golf and have been through a few lessons and sessions of training. Would like to get a beginners/intermediate set. Budget maybe ard 400 plus. Any idea where can i get a good deal?

wanted to post in the marketplace to look for a set but unfortunately dun have permission to post there. Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:44 pm

bro,

better hold off on the purchase first. talk to your coach about some recommendations.
go demo if you can. try as many as you can and see what you like or suits you.

if you can't tell the difference between irons then you might want to get your swing stable first.
there are lots of advice posted before.. can do some search.

once you like something and you can tell the difference betwen irons, then try shop at Far East SC where there are lots of second hand sets for example.

don't buy some cheap stuff which you can't use and will frustrate your progress.
a budget of 400 is pretty good for a second hand set of irons only!
Back to top Go down
galileo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 am

Ben, Just my 2 cents worth of comments.....

When i started introducing golf to my GF's brother, he was still a student and they don't really have much cash to get very good sets. And also, not knowing whether its a spur of the moment. So what i did was get him an average 2nd hand set. You can try to hunt around, might be able to pick up a good deal for no more than $100.

I agree with mizzy that it might be a good idea to ask your coach. But at the beginning stage, you will not be able to feel any difference. So as long as its a decent regular set, you should be fine. Once you get better with your swing and you can launch your ball fairly well, then you can start considering a better set to last you longer into the game. Trust me, you will not stop there base on what you have read on this forum. Golf shopping is just as addictive as it is comparing to golf. haha...

so don't worry too much. just hunt for 2nd hand sets which can be equally forgiving and ask to try them. If you like it, then get it. I believe all forumers selling their 2nd hand stuff in the marketplace are nice folks whom would not scream at you because you ask to try their sets and don't buy in the end because you don't like the feel.

good luck hunting ^_^
Back to top Go down
stagedbrute
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
stagedbrute

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Bro,

With your budget, you can try creative golf at Kreta Ayer. That's where i got my beginner set as well. Joe owns the place.
Back to top Go down
pizzaboi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pizzaboi

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 am

can try burner superlaunch, golfdirect . old but gd model, $399 have liao .. brand new
Back to top Go down
Ben Eng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 pm

pizzaboi wrote:
can try burner superlaunch, golfdirect . old but gd model, $399 have liao .. brand new

Hi bro, may I know if this burner set a full set or iron set. Where can I get this set from. Thanks. If you dun mind can also send me a SMS at 90992876. Thanks
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 pm

399 just the irons.

it is a decent set of irons.

399 for a full set.. unless it is 2nd hand otherwise it one of those Slanzenger, RAM brand ones..
not worth getting lah..
Back to top Go down
pizzaboi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pizzaboi

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Ben Eng wrote:
pizzaboi wrote:

Hi bro, may I know if this burner set a full set or iron set. Where can I get this set from. Thanks. If you dun mind can also send me a SMS at 90992876. Thanks

golfdirect @ commonwealth .
its just the iron set,

359 for nspro
399 for graphite.

above pricing shld be correct iirc.

might wanna give them a call before going down to check stock availability
Back to top Go down
tasmaniandevil
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
tasmaniandevil

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Ben Eng wrote:
Hi, i have just picked up golf and have been through a few lessons and sessions of training. Would like to get a beginners/intermediate set. Budget maybe ard 400 plus. Any idea where can i get a good deal?

wanted to post in the marketplace to look for a set but unfortunately dun have permission to post there. Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben Eng,

I'm letting go Cobra Oversize iron set with Cobra Deep Face Driver & 3 wood. PM me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
JCase
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 am

I regret trading my TM XD's for the Nike Sling Shots. Horrible Sad

Am contemplating getting another TM set as a present to myself by the end of the year Swing
Back to top Go down
Octanegolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Octane golf   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Why don't you try our shop octane golf ? At our shop we're currently selling a brand new beginners set of gosen golf clubs for 350 but as our credit card facilities aren't up yet it's cash only at the moment.

If your curious just give us a call at 67632300 and speak to Jeff.
Or visit our shop at #02-k22a at bukit timah plaza between 11 - 8
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:47 pm

I agree with Mizzy. Don't jump in and buy a set just yet.
Back to top Go down
luke_liu85
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Actually it's not a bad idea looking for some lao cheow who can lend you an old set to work with first. After you get a feel of what your swing type is like and what kind of shots you need, then can look for sets.

For beginners, I think game-improvement irons are generally recommended, lao cheows please let me know if im off Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Set for Beginners   Golf Set for Beginners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Set for Beginners
Page 1 of 1