Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaways X20 for beginners....?

Go down 
+12
supernova
silverhex
Chen
Willy
MrBig
adamgolf
idrahus
Duval_S
jocheang
Technospaz
riverdeity
Bear
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Callaways X20 for beginners....? Empty
PostSubject: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:38 am

Anyone here had experience with the X20 before? And what do you think of it? Suitable for beginner?

Views and advice are much appreciated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am

Perfect for beginners!Smile Used them for a year before I moved on.
Its a game improvement club and really forgiving club to use on the course
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 am

Loved my X-20s. Sold them off but actually regretted doing so. Great for beginners!
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:47 am

i'm still using the x20s now after about 14 months of golf. still enjoying them but they do feel head heavy at times. otherwise, they're very forgiving and are great for beginners.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 am

I neber had the chance to use it....but I had heard and read enough comments that its good especially if one has a decent swing
Back to top Go down
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Good set with affordable price. Used for over a year before upgrading to better set.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:02 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. Reason i asked was coz i dont see as much comments or feedback on the X20 compared to other makes of irons. I only came across this set recently and was offered a good price for it. Hence doing some research on it.

Again thanks for the feedback guys Smile
Back to top Go down
adamgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:07 am

Hi idrahus, pardon to ask what iron you using now?

I using x22 graphite regular for 15 months golf.

Was told change to steel. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MrBig
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MrBig

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 am

I'm using x20 irons ....
And ... also a beginner....
found them alot easier than a previous set of x16s lent to me.
Back to top Go down
Willy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Willy

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:25 am

I was using a X-14 for 4 yrs before changing to X-20 Jap Version (both graphite). It's been another 4 yrs & now changed to Yamaha Inpres Classic. Reluctant to sell so left the X-20 for my son who is taking up the game. Great set for high & mid handicappers since it's offset and forgiving.
Back to top Go down
Chen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 am

I had a set of X20 before too. Very forgiving.
Back to top Go down
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 am

adamgolf wrote:
Hi idrahus, pardon to ask what iron you using now?

I using x22 graphite regular for 15 months golf.

Was told change to steel. Thanks.

Right now using Mizuno MP 58.
Back to top Go down
adamgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:56 am

Hi idrahus, thanks.
Back to top Go down
silverhex
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:18 am

any callaway irons are perfect for beginners. just dont get the pro version ones Smile
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:44 am

just want to hv a sense from the forum...
do u prefer x20 vs x22 vs diablo edge?
I know the former is cheaper, but not by much... and since I am unlikely to use the 3,4i anyway, I can get the latter 5-pw at abt the same price as x20 3-pw
any comments in this regard?
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Bro Supernova, that was the same thoughts i had. After reading and asking around i eventually narrowed in to X20s. There were a few factors that i considered on:
1) my skill level (my nick in golf can be like that brand 'topper' hahha! )
2) pocket reserves (i think the offer i had on the x20 was good)
3) tendency to move on to 'up-grade' (aka be poisoned, i wouldnt lose much if i was poisoned later on...) to better equipments
4) likelihood of giving up golf (choy choy choy-touch wood)...

In the end i chose X20. Without even trying the x22 and diablo edge. (its silly i know...)

But then again i didnt have the lobang of $diablo edge 5i to pw =+- $X20 3i to pw. (i was offered the 4i to sw though).............

If i was in your shoes i'd still be confused on which to get UNTIL i try them all Wink
I think you'll be able to make a better decision after you try it all.

ps. so far after trying em out this whole week, the X20 is making me look good. Ball fly high and far....even i am surprised. But some how i feel the ball gets too high for my liking.....Shocked

Back to top Go down
Drunkenmasterza
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Drunkenmasterza

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Bear wrote:

ps. so far after trying em out this whole week, the X20 is making me look good. Ball fly high and far....even i am surprised. But some how i feel the ball gets too high for my liking.....Shocked

It's All In The Swing Brother... All In The Swing.. Hehehe Swing
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Bear wrote:
Bro Supernova, that was the same thoughts i had. After reading and asking around i eventually narrowed in to X20s. There were a few factors that i considered on:
1) my skill level (my nick in golf can be like that brand 'topper' hahha! )
2) pocket reserves (i think the offer i had on the x20 was good)
3) tendency to move on to 'up-grade' (aka be poisoned, i wouldnt lose much if i was poisoned later on...) to better equipments
4) likelihood of giving up golf (choy choy choy-touch wood)...

In the end i chose X20. Without even trying the x22 and diablo edge. (its silly i know...)

But then again i didnt have the lobang of $diablo edge 5i to pw =+- $X20 3i to pw. (i was offered the 4i to sw though).............

If i was in your shoes i'd still be confused on which to get UNTIL i try them all Wink
I think you'll be able to make a better decision after you try it all.

tks bear for sharing. unfortunately, for me, i am left handed, so no chance to try any of the clubs Sad
am probably getting online, so likely to be more ex than used sets from ppl in singapore.
only left handed used set i found to my liking in sg was x14, which is abit dated i think.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am

HeYLOE bro drunkenmasterza! I will practice n practece n practise until my swing is right! But first I have to sort out this back pain I m having ....
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 am

HeyloE bro supernova, I feel for u bro. So I guessed u scoured to all golf shops here but to no avail. But don't despair, if u so decide to order online, maybe I can n u to lighten the shipping cost. Coz I'm thinkin of getting a stand/carry bag online...hehehe
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:58 am

Bear wrote:
HeyloE bro supernova, I feel for u bro. So I guessed u scoured to all golf shops here but to no avail. But don't despair, if u so decide to order online, maybe I can n u to lighten the shipping cost. Coz I'm thinkin of getting a stand/carry bag online...hehehe

heh recommend u get the bag in singapore... prob not worth the shipping charges, and extra tax (when u buy over S$400)!
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Oooer no joke huh ..$400 after everything? Ah well, i have to look ard for more choices here then. Any other lobang besides golf direct,golf bazaar,golf tiam, far east sc, etc etc?
Back to top Go down
tazziesong88
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Just got a set of X22.. they are great for beginners. I also had a X20 7 iron which i used previously. Both equally great.. As for look I prefer the X22. More Choy... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:33 pm

i agree wif ya brudder.....x22 looks more fierce!!! ...... the x24....hot n fierce!!!...haha i am still dreaming of the TM TP MBs..... feels damn fierce......haiz

hand itchy itchy itchy.... Swing
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:55 am

Bear - Hand itchy itchy itchy?? Go buy buy buy!!!.. hahahahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaways X20 for beginners....?   Callaways X20 for beginners....? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaways X20 for beginners....?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next