Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to choose a Coach?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ironman

How to choose a Coach? Empty
PostSubject: How to choose a Coach?   How to choose a Coach? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Me and my friends are thinking of moving on to Intermediate Golf Course and like to seek some advice on choosing a coach in Singapore.

Advice Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.smarterliving.asia
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a Coach?   How to choose a Coach? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:21 pm

firstly, i'd advise not more than 2 people to 1 coach. the reality is that coaches are also humans and it's hard to concentrate on more than 2 persons, to identify their faults and to help correct them.

secondly, i'd advise against simply signing up to an agency and have a coach assigned to u. ask for a list of coaches that you can choose from and speak to a few of them before deciding. You need to know for yourself how best you learn. eg is it by specific drills, training tools, video analysis etc? Ask the coach if he has / will be using any of these for the lessons. Many coaches don't use any technology / training aid. they simply stand there and watch you with their naked eye. I personally find that not very helpful.

finally i'd also advise against signing on to packages eg 10 lessons at a certain price. rather, just pay for 1 lesson at a time. in that way, if you find that the coach is not helping much, then you only lose that 1 lesson. if he's good, then you may want to sign on to a package. also, signing on to individual lessons gives u time to go and practice before coming back for a followup review. This is better than having to complete the 10 lessons within a certain amt of time

I'm speaking from experience. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a Coach?   How to choose a Coach? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Anything above beginner, should 1 on 1 to benefit from it.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a Coach?   How to choose a Coach? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:20 pm

I haven't been formally coach and such I play like this state. But if I can get coaching, I consider

1. Schedule and timing flexibility

2. Familiarity with coach 's golfing style and swing belief

3. Cost.....its a hobby after all....don put one's whole life savings into this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to choose a Coach?   How to choose a Coach? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to choose a Coach?
Page 1 of 1