Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance? Empty
PostSubject: Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?   Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:47 pm

While I browsing WRX, happen to see a point made. I am just wondering if everyone in their own, believes in the following statement is true:

"Tour Issued equipment is superior to standard retail equipment and will have a significant performance."
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?   Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:04 pm

I thought tour issued equipment just means the items have tighter tolerances and are scrutinized in terms of QC. EG. the tour issued drivers are checked for 0.83 COR across the entire face, digitally lofted, weighed, etc.

But I leave it to Yarra or our MIA Ghoonk both of whom are big tour issue sluts to further comment and verify.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?   Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Superior arrow also need decent Indian to shoot mah.

Razz
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?   Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 8:33 pm

As one who has used both, and been fitted for both, I think it really depends. There are some "tour only" clubs that work really well when fitted properly. There are also some tour only clubs that are awful and only work for a select few people.

I think the most important aspect is the fit. If a club fits you, regardless of tour issue or not, it will perform better than any other.

There is a mystical idea out there on the intranets that somehow the tour issue stuff has some special pixie dust that is sprinkled on it to make it magical and better than retail. While I think that some heads might be hotter, and some shafts might be a little better, the bottom line is unless it fits you it will never perform better than fit stuff.

There are some tour issue items that cannot be gotten via retail or would be months or years away from access. That can be part of the draw as well.

Trying to keep this short because I could go on about it. For me, it depends.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?   Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Personally, I dont think it really matter. For example, i.e. TP stuffs from TM vs std issue TMs, I felt that there is no difference these days. If we take this back a few years during r7 was 1st launch, i would of agreed as there was difference in materials used i.e. Titanium vs Steel. These days what you see in TM TP and TM std issues are just more of less the similar in design and configuration. May be TPs could be a wrong example but isnt it similar to all other brands. The fact that some Tour issues doesnt shows that its more superior that a retail versions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?   Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour equipments - Superior and higher performance?
Page 1 of 1