Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intentional dangerous play

Go down 
+25
Lee36328
Duval_S
kevlee69
aerosmith10
alvin7379
duffader
pushslice
shorthitter
Roystonnn
nientsu
sunny
asahi
Tituman
Khorkar
TDO
nismo88
iron eagle
TheFocalPoint
andrew-golf
Bangla123
Begbie
pocketace
tronos
w_chiang
Itsuki
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:32 pm

duffader wrote:
It's not the Ng brothers, before that I think. Think his surname starts with L.

ahh.. i think i know who ur talking about..
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:14 pm

To keep the bros updated, till now, not even an email reply or call from PORESIA re my complaint.... Does the committee take that long to act on a complaint??

Is the club so desperate to keep members that they do not consider the quality of their members???

Damn disappointed.... Mad
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm

From what's been happening, yep, the club is hard-up for members. And rest assured, they will do nothing about it. I wrote in 2 months ago and not a fart from the GM. Some main grouses:

1) No sand bolltes provided in the buggies.
2) No rakes provided at the bunkers.
3) The roughs are pro-tournament standard. Meaning it has not been mown for long time
and allowed to grow that finding the ball is near impossible.
4) Wndscreen of some of the buggies are so damned blur that it is dangerous to drive to
due poor visibility. I drove one and return to change.
5) The conditions of the buggies are in a sorry state due to lack of maintenance.

And the list go on. The above are just the basics of course maintenance. But since the club is ignoring the members' complaints, what can we as non-voting members do but to live with it and help the club further expedite the deterioration of the course conditions.

Last edited by TDO on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Are you expecting a lot from them? May be, its just them telling ....they dont gives a rats ars*. Pardon my bluntness...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 pm

That's what Isaid bro. Since no action is taken we have to live with it and and help them expedite the deterioration of the course conditions. If you can't beat them join them.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 pm

In another words... play to yr money's worth... cheong ar...
Back to top Go down
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 pm

If the course is as bad as you all say, why are people still playing there ? Everyone has a choice and there are tons of other courses out there. Btw, stopped playing there one year ago - cannot tahan the smell of the male change room.
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 pm

As one of the bros mentioned earlier, the cost of the term membership is cheap there.. Hence the high number of members playing there during the weekend.. But still i feel a minimum standard should be there.. Else it is a pity.. Look at NSRCC.. It is packed daily but at least they try their best to upkeep the course and they take feedback from members seriously... Poresia should learn from them.. That's my personal opinion... Smile
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Playing in poresia reminds me of playing in a farm while on the fairway or the brunei jungle when I'm at the rough. Got chicken, got dogs, got dog shit near the tee box. oh yeah.. got monkeys too. .. very safari like. Rough is thick like cecilia cheung's pubes.. once go in can never be found...

But I've to say, the layout of course is challenging, thats why I kept going there again and again.. like a drug.. but to keep my sanity I only play there on weekdays when I'm on leave.

Played on sat morning there once, I spend most times waiting for my turn, in the end smoke so much, drink so much till need to pee a bucketful..

Objectively, it is a well designed course ,sadly, the maintenance is not up to par....
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:47 pm

JB cannot compere with NSRCC, its 2 world apart, NSRCC write off buggies is Poresia
first world and first class buggies.No comparison.

Japanese is recovering the cost of building up Poresia, now they just want profit, no more
investment of Buggies what so ever..collect Annual membership fee, walking in high fee,
green fee. ..staff maybe poorly paid...so turn over high.

Look at the cafeteria, look like tornado just swipt thru, very run down.

Fortunately the green fairway is still ok, divet no need to repair with sand, on Monday
Course close, those ladies will repair divet..with sand!
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:30 am

Not all JB courses are as bad as poresia.. Legends, Horizon Hills, Palm Resort, etc are definitely much better maintained as compared to poresia. What is amazing is this is a club owned by Japs.. When we bought the membership, we thought it was a steal... Little did we know..... Shocked

Cafeteria??? Got meh??? Where???? Lol....
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 am

Ever since I joined as member in end Aug'11, I have never stepped into the "cafeteria".
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 am

Just read this.....here is my view:

True, that chap is an Ass. No doubt the club should do something.

But in reality, waiting for the club to take action is very much dependent on the folks running it and many other factors.

What is more important that made me felt good is that its very much agreed that such action is totally uncalled for.

So what can one do other than complaining about the club? I will suggest that we can do the following:

1. Let not becos of one rotten apple spoil all things. Share this view with many...even for folks who play in Poresia.....peer pressure does help

2. As much as I hate taking photo ...but at times, such instances mite warrant it. Take the photo of the chap and post.....last resort only.

3. More importantly, I appreciate the posting of the TS coz it brings up and reminds all of us of such unwanted action.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:40 am

kevlee69 wrote:
If the course is as bad as you all say, why are people still playing there ? Everyone has a choice and there are tons of other courses out there. Btw, stopped playing there one year ago - cannot tahan the smell of the male change room.

The reason is simple. No repairing of divots required, no raking of sand bunkers after playing the shot and marshals either do not care or cannot do anything about it. And these are the basics, my God.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Itsuki wrote:
I dont think it is right for me to disclose the name of the retard here as the club (i assume) is still investigating. But i heard his reputation has surpassed him in poresia. Any members keen to know can just ask the counter staff. They all know him.. Evil or Very Mad

We all know what a bully loves to pick on, people who do not fight back.

He feels he's on his 'home turf', while the people he picks on are probably not local in his opinion.

Among pack animals, like dogs or monkeys, there is a hierarchy, a pecking order. The strong preys on the weak. That's the law that a bully understands, not culture or ethics.

The next time a behaviour like this is encountered, give the perpetrator so much grief, he'll find it not worth his trouble and go pick on someone else.

A friend of mine would hit any ball from the flight behind landing too close to him into the rough, in full view. Or step on it until it disappears into the ground and cannot be found.

So, if you want to give karma a hand, and do the bully a favour by 'educating' him, take proactive measures such as the above. He will get all hot in a jiffy, but you'll be surprised how fast he will back down when there is fight-back.

If on the other hand, you are enlightened and you want to maintain a calm, civilised round of golf, let karma sort him out. This type of character normally gets walloped soon enough. Don't worry or stress out over it. Not worth it.

You have the power to choose, either way.

Last edited by Lee36328 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:41 pm

just heard this story from my friend.

one nasty golfer playing in the flight behind him teed off n the ball landed very near to my friend.

he waited for the chap and confronted him and the chap said " did my ball hit u? hit then talk!"

my friend decided to let the flight go past them and they also teed off when the flight in front is within range.

the chap confronted them and the same reply was given.

after a few holes, the chap had no choice but to apologise to my friends' flight.

i m not saying that this is the best way but sometimes this may work esp in courses where the marshals dont do their job.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:45 pm

poresia wrote:

one nasty golfer playing in the flight behind him teed off n the ball landed very near to my friend.

he waited for the chap and confronted him and the chap said " did my ball hit u? hit then talk!"

my friend decided to let the flight go past them and they also teed off when the flight in front is within range.

after a few holes, the chap had no choice but to apologise to my friends' flight.

i m not saying that this is the best way but sometimes this may work esp in courses where the marshals dont do their job.

This... I LIKE... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:50 pm

poresia wrote:

I like this too!! Now he knows how it feels that stupid @#!@.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:00 pm

just something i always experienced....

when balls from another fairway flew to my side n when the golfer came n he said " i shouted" which is usually too soft for others to hear!

does it mean that u can hit anywhere and hit anyone if u shouted "fore"?

i think the appropriate thing to do is first to apologise n ask if anyone is hit and not trying to tell the rest i shouted so its not my fault.

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:29 pm

poresia wrote:

Serving a bully his own medicine tends to work rather well.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:47 pm

I'll take it as a mental and emotional control exercise.
Helps you on the days when it's hot, sunny, humid and you're not playing well.

I don't see any reason to lower my standard to be the same as them although yes it somtimes works. but imagine if something goes wrong and you do hit them, what are you going to do. Either way you're now part of the very people that you are complaining.

just remember it's a gentlemen's game. If there are dogs, cats and monkey on the course, I will just ignore them. Not worth spending my time dealing with lesser being, it's pointless.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:02 pm

dmateo wrote:
I'll take it as a mental and emotional control exercise.
Helps you on the days when it's hot, sunny, humid and you're not playing well.

I don't see any reason to lower my standard to be the same as them although yes it somtimes works. but imagine if something goes wrong and you do hit them, what are you going to do. Either way you're now part of the very people that you are complaining.

just remember it's a gentlemen's game. If there are dogs, cats and monkey on the course, I will just ignore them. Not worth spending my time dealing with lesser being, it's pointless.

Ha ha ha... good point as usual bro dmateo. Sometimes the monkeys are not just eyeing the golf cart from the trees, they are driving the cart!

A friend was very upset about the behaviour of another golfer. I told him, just because the guy's parents did not do a good job of bringing up the child does not make it my friend's responsibility to teach him now. He visibly lightened up when he thought of it that way.

Bullies look at their victims before they pick them. So, they are less likely to pick on someone that looks like he/she goes to the gym, has plenty of muscles, and will fight back. Wink Wink Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Heiwa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:05 am

hi all,

Lately i described the incident quoted in this thread and my friend was sharing this with me.

1. It seems there was once, he was playing in 2 ball flight and encountered a slow 4 ball flight in front. For 17 holes, they were slow, did not have a sense of urgency and overall made them waited from Hole 1.
They highlighted the issue to the marshals but no effect. At the 18th hole, my friend had enough when he saw the front flight was again taking ages and practically packing their golf bag after finishing the 18th hole. As the green was pretty close to the green, my friend and his flight mate cannot hit their shots. It was then that he felt so strongly he wanted hit his ball onto the green. But he was stopped by his flight mate.

His logic was that, is it RIGHT for the front flight to be delaying and packing their bags right next to the green after the 18th hole? Is it right etiquette to delay the all the flghts behind them like that? He was so angry that he felt that it is justified to hit his ball when they were still there.

Any seniors out there to advise and comment? In the event where the marshals are useless and the flight continue to be super duper slow. What can be done?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Slowing down a flight is not a good thing to do, although it was never said that you can't do it, but you're not suposed to do it out of courtesy and ettique if you can help it.. BUT, Hitting the ball and dangerous play is definitely wrong.

I can't understand the logic that say It's ok for me to do wrong since some one do wrong to me. That doesnt make any sense at all to me, and sounds really childish.

Everyone has apart in this world. Us are player, so we don't enforce the regulation nor we have authority to set one. If the ppl with the task does not do anythign then the only thing to do is to complain to the people that has authority over those that failed to exercise their authority properly. Which means make a complain in the club house would be the next step I guess.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 1:53 pm

dmateo wrote:

Everyone has apart in this world. Us are player, so we don't enforce the regulation nor we have authority to set one. If the ppl with the task does not do anythign then the only thing to do is to complain to the people that has authority over those that failed to exercise their authority properly. Which means make a complain in the club house would be the next step I guess.

Everyone has a part in this world War
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intentional dangerous play   Intentional dangerous play - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intentional dangerous play
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next